TLWI Dev #95
Hey there, readers! Are you ready to delve into this week's most exciting tech updates? We have a lot to cover, so buckle up and get ready to go on a ride!
First up, if you're a crypto enthusiast, you're going to love this. We've compiled a comprehensive, up-to-date collection of information about several thousands (!) of crypto tokens. From market caps to historical prices, you'll find everything you need to know about these tokens in one place. So why not take a look and up your crypto game?
Next, we have some exciting news for all the Teenage Engineering fans out there. Whether you're an avid collector or just dipping your toes into the world of music production, you won't want to miss this. I'm a Teenage Engineering fanboy and I've got the scoop on the latest gear, reviews, and more. So grab your headphones and let's groove!
Up next, we have something that might come in handy for everyone - especially fellow content creators. Have you ever come across a great video on YouTube that you wish you could save for future reference? Well, now you can. Check out this command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and other video sites. It's easy to use and will definitely come in handy!
Moving onto the world of front-end development, we have a great resource for all you React Testing Library enthusiasts out there. Using testing-playground with React Testing Library is a great way to test your code in a quick and easy way. Who doesn't like making testing less painful, am I right?
Last but not least, we have something that will blow your mind. OpenAI's updated text-to-image synthesis neural network, DALL-E 2, has been implemented in Pytorch. The implementation is incredible and is sure to leave you speechless. Seeing how machines are now able to create images from text is nothing short of astonishing.
That's all for this week folks! We hope you enjoy reading through these fascinating tech updates and remember, we'll be back next week with even more exciting news!
Our Repo Picks
- The-Run-Philosophy-Organization/run : 润学全球官方指定 GITHUB，整理润学宗旨、纲领、理论和各类润之实例；解决为什么润，润去哪里，怎么润三大问题； 并成为新中国人的核心宗教，核心信念。
- httpie/httpie (Python): As easy as /aitch-tee-tee-pie/ 🥧 Modern, user-friendly command-line HTTP client for the API era. JSON support, colors, sessions, downloads, plugins & more. https://twitter.com/httpie
- JannsenYang/dingdong-helper (Java): 叮咚自动下单 并发调用接口方式 多人高峰期实战反馈 10 秒以内成功 自动将购物车能买的商品全部下单 只需自行编辑购物车和最后支付即可
- mxgmn/WaveFunctionCollapse (C#): Bitmap & tilemap generation from a single example with the help of ideas from quantum mechanics
- zc2638/ddshop (Go): 叮咚买菜自动抢购（内附 其它团购途径，包含所有生活必需品及药品）
- trustwallet/assets (Go): A comprehensive, up-to-date collection of information about several thousands (!) of crypto tokens.
- alembics/disco-diffusion (Jupyter Notebook): undefined
- lucidrains/DALLE2-pytorch (Python): Implementation of DALL-E 2, OpenAI's updated text-to-image synthesis neural network, in Pytorch
- sunflower-land/sunflower-land (TypeScript): undefined
- fighting41love/funNLP (Python): 中英文敏感词、语言检测、中外手机/电话归属地/运营商查询、名字推断性别、手机号抽取、身份证抽取、邮箱抽取、中日文人名库、中文缩写库、拆字词典、词汇情感值、停用词、反动词表、暴恐词表、繁简体转换、英文模拟中文发音、汪峰歌词生成器、职业名称词库、同义词库、反义词库、否定词库、汽车品牌词库、汽车零件词库、连续英文切割、各种中文词向量、公司名字大全、古诗词库、IT 词库、财经词库、成语词库、地名词库、历史名人词库、诗词词库、医学词库、饮食词库、法律词库、汽车词库、动物词库、中文聊天语料、中文谣言数据、百度中文问答数据集、句子相似度匹配算法集合、bert 资源、文本生成&摘要相关工具、cocoNLP 信息抽取工具、国内电话号码正则匹配、清华大学 XLORE:中英文跨语言百科知识图谱、清华大学人工智能技术…
- kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap (TypeScript): Roadmap to becoming a developer in 2022
- pytube/pytube (Python): A lightweight, dependency-free Python library (and command-line utility) for downloading YouTube Videos.
- termux/termux-packages (Shell): A build system and primary set of packages for Termux.
- hehonghui/the-economist-ebooks (CSS): 经济学人(含音频)、纽约客、自然、新科学人、卫报、科学美国人、连线、大西洋月刊、国家地理等英语杂志免费下载、订阅(kindle 推送),支持 epub、mobi、pdf 格式, 每周更新. The Economist 、The New Yorker 、Nature、The Atlantic 、New Scientist、The Guardian、Scientific American、Wired magazines, free download and subscription for kindle, mobi、epub、pdf format.
- donnemartin/system-design-primer (Python): Learn how to design large-scale systems. Prep for the system design interview. Includes Anki flashcards.
- FBlackBox/BlackBox : BlackBox is a virtual engine, it can clone and run virtual application on Android, users don't have to install APK file to run the application on devices. BlackBox control all virtual applications, so you can do anything you want by using BlackBox.
- fatedier/frp (Go): A fast reverse proxy to help you expose a local server behind a NAT or firewall to the internet.
- ytdl-org/youtube-dl (Python): Command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and other video sites
Our Article Picks
- Code_Jedi: ⚡️20 Easy Ways to Be More Productive as a Developer⚡️
- Bidisha Das: React 18 - New Features & Improvement Strategies
- Mangabo Kolawole: Test-Driven-Development with React & Redux: Thunk, Slices & Requests Mocking
- Madza: 8 Creative Text Animations for Your Website's Hero Area 😍🎉
- Jean Santana: "Do not comment your code, it should be self-documentated". Well... I don't agree.
- James Perkins: Warp is the future of terminals
- Taylor Hunt: Routing: I’m not smart enough for a SPA
- Ben Halpern: Remove all your local git branches but keep main
- Ben Halpern: What are your command line tips?
- Mahmoud Harmouch: The Best VS Code Extensions For Python Developers In 2022.
- Bobby Plunkett: REST or GraphQL, which do you choose?
- Dragos Nedelcu: 10 Interview Mistakes that Make You Look Junior ...and Leave Money on the Table
- Ben Halpern: What cloud services do you use? (Personal and team)
- Ben Halpern: Have a Community-Powered Earth Day 🌍
- Ben Halpern: Which git commands do you struggle with?
- Nicolas Frankel: Beautify your GitHub repo
- Ryan Carniato: Marko: Compiling Fine-Grained Reactivity
- CodeNewbie Staff: Announcing CodeLand 2022's First Keynote Speaker: Angie Jones!
- Paulo Castro: Entendendo Plugs em Elixir
- Pachi 🪐 (she/her/ela): Github Co-Pilot: Pair Programming com Inteligência Artificial
- Sloan: I want to start writing about development, but I’m a beginner. Is this is a bad idea?
- Sm0ke: AppSeed - New Version
- Katie: Using testing-playground with React Testing Library
- Daniel Favour: Kubernetes 101: A Beginner's Guide
- Michael Tharrington: I'm a Teenage Engineering fanboy!
- Kacha: 30 Days of Go: Day 1
- Ben Sinclair: Those of you who've worked as a contractor and as a full-time employee, which did you prefer?
- Mahmoud Harmouch: Textual: The Definitive Guide - Part 3.
- Alex Omeyer: 5 Fantastic Developer Tools for Async Comms 🎯
- Julien Maury: So you think your password is strong
- Michael Tharrington: Discussion and Comment of the Week
- Thomas Scott: 5 Simple Productivity Tips For Developers
- Tessa Mero: A New Journey as Head of Developer Relations at Appwrite
- Ben Halpern: What misconceptions do early-career devs have about this work?
- Pragati Verma: Best Chrome Extensions to boost GitHub
- Tapajyoti Bose: Practical Data Structure and Algorithm Fundamentals Every Programmer Must Know
- Fredy Andrei: I made the trendiest free open-source admin template for React! Check it out!
- Madza: 6 Useful Checklists Every Developer Should Know 📃💯
- Chris Bongers: Are mistakes ok?
- Jeremy Friesen: Digging into Postgresql and DEV
- Shahed Nasser: How Tesla’s tech stack is a testimony to the need for open source solutions
- BekahHW: What is DevRel anyway: A Deepgram Approach to Developer Relations
- CAST AI: Why AWS Cost Explorer Isn’t Enough to Seriously Reduce Your Cloud Expenses
- SeattleDataGuy: How To Start Your Next Data Engineering Project
- Gracie Gregory (she/her): Top 7 Featured DEV Posts from the Past Week
- Janaina: Criando uma AWS lambda com Serverless framework
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄