TLWI Dev #94
Greetings, tech enthusiasts! It's that time of the week again where we bring you the latest and greatest in the world of technology. This week, we're diving into some exciting new developments and updates that will surely blow your minds. So sit back, grab a cup of coffee, and let's dive in!
First up, have you heard of RisingWave? This next-generation streaming database in the cloud is changing the game for businesses of all sizes. With its lightning-fast processing speeds and scalable architecture, RisingWave is the perfect platform for handling big data workloads. Don't get left in the past; check out RisingWave for yourself and see how it can make your data management dreams a reality.
Next on the list is Textual: The Definitive Guide - Part 2 - the must-read for all tech enthusiasts. This comprehensive guide is packed with insider knowledge and expert tips to help you master the art of text-based programming. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned pro, Textual has something for everyone. So, what are you waiting for? Head over to the link now and level up your programming game.
Alright, all you Java developers out there, gather round. We have some exciting news for you. Have you been struggling with JNI for years and wishing for a better alternative? Well, rejoice, because Java 18 may finally have that solution. With improved performance, flexibility, and ease of use, Java 18's new alternative to JNI could be just what you've been waiting for. Check out the link for all the details.
Calling all computer science geeks! Our next link is one you won't want to miss. We have compiled a list of Papers from the computer science community to read and discuss. From AI to cybersecurity, these papers cover a wide variety of topics and are sure to spark some lively discussion. Whether you're a student or a professional in the industry, you're guaranteed to learn something new from these thought-provoking papers.
Last but not least, we have a special milestone to celebrate. Medusa, the open-source Shopify alternative, has passed 10K stars on GitHub! This powerful e-commerce platform has been gaining popularity among retailers worldwide, and it's not hard to see why. With its customizable design and intuitive user interface, Medusa is the perfect choice for businesses of all sizes. Congratulations to the Medusa team on this fantastic achievement!
That's it for this week's newsletter, folks. We hope you enjoyed reading through this fun and engaging summary of the latest happenings in the tech world. Be sure to click on the links and explore these exciting developments for yourself. Until next time, stay inquisitive!
Our Repo Picks
- papers-we-love/papers-we-love (Shell): Papers from the computer science community to read and discuss.
- MichaelCade/90DaysOfDevOps (Shell): This repository is my documenting repository for learning the world of DevOps. I started this journey on the 1st January 2022 and I plan to run to March 31st for a complete 90-day romp on spending an hour a day including weekends to get a foundational knowledge across a lot of different areas that make up DevOps.
- microsoft/ML-For-Beginners (Jupyter Notebook): 12 weeks, 26 lessons, 52 quizzes, classic Machine Learning for all
- Skykai521/DingDongHelper (Kotlin): 叮咚买菜抢菜插件
- skyline-emu/skyline (C++): Run Nintendo Switch homebrew & games on your Android device!
- CompVis/latent-diffusion (Jupyter Notebook): High-Resolution Image Synthesis with Latent Diffusion Models
- microsoft/dotnet-podcasts (C#): .NET 6 reference application shown at .NET Conf 2021 featuring ASP.NET Core, Blazor, .NET MAUI, Microservices, and more!
- fighting41love/funNLP (Python): 中英文敏感词、语言检测、中外手机/电话归属地/运营商查询、名字推断性别、手机号抽取、身份证抽取、邮箱抽取、中日文人名库、中文缩写库、拆字词典、词汇情感值、停用词、反动词表、暴恐词表、繁简体转换、英文模拟中文发音、汪峰歌词生成器、职业名称词库、同义词库、反义词库、否定词库、汽车品牌词库、汽车零件词库、连续英文切割、各种中文词向量、公司名字大全、古诗词库、IT 词库、财经词库、成语词库、地名词库、历史名人词库、诗词词库、医学词库、饮食词库、法律词库、汽车词库、动物词库、中文聊天语料、中文谣言数据、百度中文问答数据集、句子相似度匹配算法集合、bert 资源、文本生成&摘要相关工具、cocoNLP 信息抽取工具、国内电话号码正则匹配、清华大学 XLORE:中英文跨语言百科知识图谱、清华大学人工智能技术…
- singularity-data/risingwave (Rust): RisingWave: the next-generation streaming database in the cloud.
- fastlane/fastlane (Ruby): 🚀 The easiest way to automate building and releasing your iOS and Android apps
- vinta/awesome-python (Python): A curated list of awesome Python frameworks, libraries, software and resources
- projectdiscovery/subfinder (Go): Subfinder is a subdomain discovery tool that discovers valid subdomains for websites. Designed as a passive framework to be useful for bug bounties and safe for penetration testing.
- microsoft/PowerToys (C#): Windows system utilities to maximize productivity
- rust-lang/rust-analyzer (Rust): A Rust compiler front-end for IDEs
- projectdiscovery/httpx (Go): httpx is a fast and multi-purpose HTTP toolkit allows to run multiple probers using retryablehttp library, it is designed to maintain the result reliability with increased threads.
- lucidrains/vit-pytorch (Python): Implementation of Vision Transformer, a simple way to achieve SOTA in vision classification with only a single transformer encoder, in Pytorch
- Lissy93/personal-security-checklist : 🔒 A curated checklist of 300+ tips for protecting digital security and privacy in 2022
- nlohmann/json (C++): JSON for Modern C++
- GitHubDaily/GitHubDaily : 坚持分享 GitHub 上高质量、有趣实用的开源技术教程、开发者工具、编程网站、技术资讯。
- ClemensElflein/OpenMower (HTML): Let's upgrade cheap off-the-shelf robotic mowers to modern, smart RTK GPS based lawn mowing robots!
- vxunderground/MalwareSourceCode (Assembly): Collection of malware source code for a variety of platforms in an array of different programming languages.
- openai/DALL-E (Python): PyTorch package for the discrete VAE used for DALL·E.
- public-apis/public-apis (Python): A collective list of free APIs
- PaddlePaddle/PaddleOCR (Python): Awesome multilingual OCR toolkits based on PaddlePaddle (practical ultra lightweight OCR system, support 80+ languages recognition, provide data annotation and synthesis tools, support training and deployment among server, mobile, embedded and IoT devices)
Our Article Picks
- Eluda: Those HTML Elements You Never Use 🌚🕵🏿
- Sam Magura: Bad Habits of Mid-Level React Developers
- Gracie Gregory (she/her): Announcing the Appwrite Hackathon on DEV!
- Syed Mohsin Raza: CSS Tips and Tricks you May Need To Know 📕✨
- Jasmin Virdi: How to turn HTML webpage into an Image?
- Tina Huynh: VSCode Extensions I'm in LOVE with
- lucamug: The TypeScript Experience
- Ali Spittel: Build a Map Application on AWS in 10 Steps
- Sm0ke: React Forms — Formik vs. Hook-Form vs. Final-Form
- Ben Halpern: Interested in the social impact you can have as a developer? Read this post.
- Shahed Nasser: Medusa, the open source Shopify alternative, passed 10K stars on GitHub!
- Stanislav Ilin: Flutter GroupButton 5.0.0 release notes
- Michael Arnaldi: The Case for TS+
- hebert villafuerte: Useful online tools and websites for web developers
- Zouhir Yaçouri: ⚛️ ReactJS folder structure + Boilerplate.
- Sm0ke: Node JS for Beginners - Practical Guide (With Samples)
- Rizèl Scarlett: Use Copilot to Write and Translate a Binary Search Algorithm
- Mangabo Kolawole: Introduction to Test-Driven-Development in React for Beginners
- Ben Halpern: What's playing in your headphones these days?
- Rizèl Scarlett: Why Use GitHub Copilot And Copilot Labs: Practical Use Cases for the AI Pair Programmer
- Mahmoud: Textual: The Definitive Guide - Part 1.
- Ben Halpern: Share a code snippet in any programming language and describe what's going on
- Safak: React Testing For Beginners
- Nourdine Labib: React Best Practices - Ways To Write Better Code in 2022
- Sm0ke: MUI React - Coding a Simple Landing Page
- Tapajyoti Bose: React Cheat Sheet (with React 18)
- Mahmoud: Textual: The Definitive Guide - Part 2.
- Dotnetsafer: The 10 Commandments .NET Developers Must apply for Secure Applications
- Erika Heidi: How to Edit Videos with OpenShot on Ubuntu Linux
- Shahed Nasser: Do you contribute to open source projects?
- TimJ: Command Line Tools for Productive Developers
- Filip Rakowski: You’re probably using Lighthouse wrong: How we got tricked by a single magic number
- Gracie Gregory (she/her): Top 7 Featured DEV Posts from the Past Week
- Deepu K Sasidharan: Does Java 18 finally have a better alternative to JNI?
- Matti Bar-Zeev: Wisely Designing your React Components
- Code_Jedi: Don't Memorize What You Can Google!
- Espoir Murhabazi: A Letter to Linkedin Recruiters
- Sm0ke: Open-Source MUI Template - Argon React
- Ben Halpern: How do you use git when working solo?
- Mahmoud: Level Up Your Wordle Game With Deepgram ASR.
- Julien Maury: The UNIX system
- Nadia Makarevich: React components composition: how to get it right
- Jasmin Virdi: How does @import works in CSS? What is the pros and cons. 🤔
- Maxime Guilbert: Online games to play with your team
- CAST AI: When Does Inflation Hit Cloud Prices and What Can You Do About It?
- Daniel Favour: Top 10 platforms to learn about DevOps
- Damian Demasi: Problem-solving techniques to avoid yelling at your computer
- Lucia Cerchie: Tech Jargon Defined: What is Bikeshedding?
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄