TLWI Dev #91
Welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter! We've got some exciting links for you to explore, so let's jump right in!
Are you in need of a comprehensive and powerful backend management system? Look no further than RuoYi-Vue Pro! This newly updated version is built on Spring Boot, MyBatis Plus, Vue and Element, and comes complete with RBAC dynamic permissions, data permissions and support for multiple tenants in a SaaS environment. Plus, with features like Activiti and Flowable workflows, third-party login integrations, payment options and SMS messaging, this is the ultimate all-in-one solution for your management needs.
If you're a fan of Ruby on Rails and find yourself struggling with slow boot times on Heroku, we've got just the link for you! Cut those boot times in half with a single command and experience faster, more efficient performance than ever before.
Interested in learning more about commercial open source? Don't miss out on Forem, the premier online community for open source developers and enthusiasts. Connect with like-minded individuals, participate in discussions and get the latest news and updates on everything related to open source software.
When it comes to data visualization and exploration, there's no beating Apache Superset. This powerful platform is designed to help you make sense of your data, with advanced visualization tools and features that allow for deep exploration and analysis.
Last but not least, we're thrilled to announce the winners of the Microsoft Azure Trial Hackathon! Find out who took home the prize and get inspired by their innovative solutions and cutting-edge ideas.
That's it for this week! Don't forget to click those links and explore all the exciting content we've got in store for you. And as always, stay curious and keep learning!
Our Repo Picks
- CodeEditApp/CodeEdit (Swift): CodeEdit App for macOS – Elevate your code editing experience. Open source, free forever.
- alibaba/lowcode-engine (TypeScript): An enterprise-class low-code technology stack with scale-out design / 一套面向扩展设计的企业级低代码技术体系
- aptos-labs/aptos-core (Rust): A layer 1 for everyone!
- RanKKI/LawRefBook (Swift): 中华人民共和国法律手册
- vnpy/vnpy (Python): 基于 Python 的开源量化交易平台开发框架
- AmruthPillai/Reactive-Resume (TypeScript): A one-of-a-kind resume builder that keeps your privacy in mind. Completely secure, customizable, portable, open-source and free forever. Try it out today!
- google-research/kubric (Python): A data generation pipeline for creating semi-realistic synthetic multi-object videos with rich annotations such as instance segmentation masks, depth maps, and optical flow.
- hoppscotch/hoppscotch (Vue): 👽 Open source API development ecosystem - https://hoppscotch.io
- apache/superset (TypeScript): Apache Superset is a Data Visualization and Data Exploration Platform
- directus/directus (TypeScript): Open-Source Data Platform 🐰 — Directus wraps any SQL database with a real-time GraphQL+REST API and an intuitive app for non-technical users.
- Alvin9999/new-pac : 翻墙-科学上网、免费翻墙、免费科学上网、免费自由上网、fanqiang、翻墙梯子、免费软件/方法，一键翻墙浏览器，免费 shadowsocks/ss/ssr/v2ray/goflyway 账号/节点分享，vps 一键搭建翻墙服务器脚本/教程，电脑、手机、iOS、安卓、windows、Mac、Linux、路由器翻墙
- BeyondDimension/SteamTools (C#): 🛠「Steam++」是一个开源跨平台的多功能 Steam 工具箱。
- wbkd/react-flow (TypeScript): Highly customizable library for building interactive node-based UIs, editors, flow charts and diagrams
- YunaiV/ruoyi-vue-pro (Java): 🔥 官方推荐 🔥 RuoYi-Vue 全新 Pro 版本，优化重构所有功能。基于 Spring Boot + MyBatis Plus + Vue & Element 实现的后台管理系统 + 微信小程序，支持 RBAC 动态权限、数据权限、SaaS 多租户、Activiti + Flowable 工作流、三方登录、支付、短信、商城等功能。你的 ⭐️ Star ⭐️，是作者生发的动力！
- MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs (PowerShell): Open source documentation of Microsoft Azure
- PKUFlyingPig/cs-self-learning (HTML): 计算机自学指南
- github/copilot-docs (Python): Documentation for GitHub Copilot
- microsoft/routeros-scanner (Python): Tool to scan for RouterOS (Mikrotik) forensic artifacts and vulnerabilities.
- Dreamacro/clash (Go): A rule-based tunnel in Go.
- arthurspk/guiadevbrasil : GUIA EXTENSO DE PROGRAMAÇÃO:
- MichaelCade/90DaysOfDevOps (Shell): This repository is my documenting repository for learning the world of DevOps. I started this journey on the 1st January 2022 and I plan to run to March 31st for a complete 90-day romp on spending an hour a day including weekends to get a foundational knowledge across a lot of different areas that make up DevOps.
Our Article Picks
- Cess: How to understand complex coding concepts better using the Feynman Technique
- Jordy Koppen: Turning React apps into PDFs with Next.js, NodeJS and puppeteer
- Tina Huynh: Books to Read as a Developer
- Emmanuil B.: Stop Overcomplicating Web Development - Try Svelte
- Rakesh Potnuru: 8 best opensource projects you should try out
- Adam Nathaniel Davis: How I Got Hired at Amazon
- Luca Del Puppo: Visual Studio Code - Tips & Tricks - Snippets
- Michael Rawlings: Your SSR is slow & your devtools are lying to you
- Agnieszka Stec: GitLive now works with any Git repository in VS Code!
- Rahul Sharma: React best practices and patterns to reduce code - Part 3
- Ben Halpern: Interested in learning more about Commercial Open Source? There’s a Forem for that.
- Ben Halpern: What's a new thing you've started using recently?
- Aditya Oberai: Becoming a Better Developer Through Open Source
- Felippe Regazio: 10 Dicas de Segurança para Projetos Front End
- Ben Halpern: What coding concept or practice seem commonly understood, but you never learned?
- abdellah hariti: Promises: async/await vs .then(), how we got here and why I use both
- Rizèl Scarlett: Tips to Succeed In Your First DevRel Job
- Atharva Shirdhankar: 3 Best Tools that you can use for Writing Awesome Articles
- Tapajyoti Bose: 6 Killer Productivity Apps for Programmers
- Tina Huynh: The Trick with CSS Selectors
- Ingo Steinke: Productive Procrastination vs. Apparent Productivity
- Chris Bongers: CSS Logos: Netflix logo
- Sadee: How to build Audio stream app landing page using HTML CSS JS
- Jennie Ocken (she/her): Forem for Android is Here! 🤖
- Nick Taylor: My Impact at Forem
- Pascal Thormeier: Use your i-moon-gination: Let's build a Moon phase visualizer with CSS and JS! 🗓️🌙
- Gracie Gregory (she/her): Top 7 Featured DEV Posts from the Past Week
- Deepu K Sasidharan: Why Safe Programming Matters and Why a Language Like Rust Matters
- Ben Halpern: Deepgram Hackathon Reminder ⏰
- CAST AI: How to Win the Cloud Operations Game with Kubernetes Automation and Cut Costs in the Process
- Gracie Gregory (she/her): Microsoft Azure Trial Hackathon Winners, Announced!
- David Backeus: Cut your Rails boot times on Heroku in half with a single command
- Ben Halpern: Do you have family and friends interested in a job in software?
- Taylor Hunt: Speed Needs Design, or: You can’t delight users you’ve annoyed
- Erman Küplü: Good-bye Universal Analytics 👋 Next-steps on Google Analytics
- Hannu-Daniel Goiss: Which attributes make a good developer?
- Adam Davis: How do you take notes while you code?
- Ben Halpern: Role Call! Tell us a bit about yourself.
- Ayu Adiati: Learn Accessibility
- Nayaab Khan: Essential Layout Components For Your Design System
- Deborah Agboola: What is the hype about NFTs?
- dev.to staff: Do You Have What it Takes to Break The Code?
- Oleg Isonen: Webstudio - next generation visual development
- mai-mohamed: Folder Structure using React
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄