TLWI Dev #90
Hey there, fellow tech enthusiasts! Welcome back to our weekly newsletter where we keep you updated on the latest trends and developments in the world of technology. This week's edition is packed with exciting content that we're sure you don't want to miss!
First up, have you ever wanted to build your own miniature robot? Look no further than my latest project, where I showcase my super cool mini mechanical arm robot. This innovative creation is packed with features and can perform a wide range of tasks - from picking up small objects to assisting with intricate mechanical projects. Check out my article to learn more about this fun and challenging DIY project.
If you are an aspiring software developer, then you know the importance of clean, efficient code. Don't worry, we've got you covered! Our latest article highlights the five guidelines to write cleaner code in C#. These simple yet powerful tips are sure to help you streamline your coding process and elevate your programming skills to the next level.
Are you looking to improve your productivity in the new year? Then you need to check out the productivity apps I use in 2022. Whether you're working from home or in the office, these apps are designed to help you achieve more in less time. From note-taking apps to browser plugins, there's something for everyone on this list.
If you are a software developer, you know the importance of having a strong online presence. One way to showcase your skills and experience is by creating a stunning Github profile that showcases your recent projects and contributions. Our latest guide shows you how to dynamically list your recent blog posts on your Github profile - giving recruiters and potential clients a better understanding of your skills and experience.
Finally, have you ever struggled to explain complex ideas to a younger audience? We have the perfect solution! Our article Docker: Explained to a 5 year old breaks down this complex technology into bite-sized pieces that even young children can understand. With simple metaphors and visuals, we're confident that you'll leave this article with a much clearer understanding of Docker.
That's it for this week's newsletter. We hope you enjoyed reading our content and learned something new today. Don't forget to share this newsletter with your friends and colleagues and let them in on the latest technology updates. Until next week, keep learning and keep growing!
Our Repo Picks
- peng-zhihui/Dummy-Robot (C): 我的超迷你机械臂机器人项目。
- nkallen/plasticity (TypeScript): undefined
- TeamNewPipe/NewPipe (Java): A libre lightweight streaming front-end for Android.
- paperless-ngx/paperless-ngx (Python): A supercharged version of paperless: scan, index and archive all your physical documents
- lapce/lapce (Rust): Lightning-fast and Powerful Code Editor written in Rust
- liamg/traitor (Go): ⬆️ ☠️ Automatic Linux privesc via exploitation of low-hanging fruit e.g. gtfobins, pwnkit, dirty pipe, +w docker.sock
- TencentARC/GFPGAN (Python): GFPGAN aims at developing Practical Algorithms for Real-world Face Restoration.
- hwdsl2/setup-ipsec-vpn (Shell): Scripts to build your own IPsec VPN server, with IPsec/L2TP, Cisco IPsec and IKEv2
- wbkd/react-flow (TypeScript): Highly customizable library for building interactive node-based UIs, editors, flow charts and diagrams
- Rapptz/discord.py (Python): An API wrapper for Discord written in Python.
- gothinkster/realworld (Shell): "The mother of all demo apps" — Exemplary fullstack Medium.com clone powered by React, Angular, Node, Django, and many more 🏅
- SergioBenitez/Rocket (Rust): A web framework for Rust.
- jackfrued/Python-100-Days (Python): Python - 100 天从新手到大师
- samber/lo (Go): 💥 A Lodash-style Go library based on Go 1.18+ Generics (map, filter, contains, find...)
- excalidraw/excalidraw (TypeScript): Virtual whiteboard for sketching hand-drawn like diagrams
- PowerShell/PowerShell (C#): PowerShell for every system!
- tensorflow/tensorflow (C++): An Open Source Machine Learning Framework for Everyone
- cuixiaorui/mini-vue (TypeScript): 实现最简 vue3 模型( Help you learn more efficiently vue3 source code )
- YTVanced/VancedManager (Kotlin): Vanced Installer
- GorvGoyl/Clone-Wars : 100+ open-source clones of popular sites like Airbnb, Amazon, Instagram, Netflix, Tiktok, Spotify, Whatsapp, Youtube etc. See source code, demo links, tech stack, github stars.
- backstage/backstage (TypeScript): Backstage is an open platform for building developer portals
- Yin-Hongwei/music-website (Vue): 🎧 Vue + SpringBoot + MyBatis 音乐网站
- LukeSmithxyz/voidrice (Shell): My dotfiles (deployed by LARBS)
Our Article Picks
- Dhravya: Docker: Explained to a 5 year old. 👶🏻
- Min: Working alone is so exhausting so I created my own assistant
- Tapajyoti Bose: Automatically Format your code on Git Commit using Husky, ESLint, Prettier in 9 minutes
- Ruurtjan: I quit my job to make free web tools
- Anastasia 🏄🏻♀️: 20 Productivity Tips From Developers to Developers
- Ben Halpern: If you’re interested in WebAssembly, and don’t get enough depth here on DEV, read this…
- Cassidy Williams: The Productivity apps I use in 2022
- Taylor Hunt: Making the world’s fastest website, and other mistakes
- Shahed Nasser: Create Your Open Source Ecommerce Store using Medusa and Next.js
- Rahul Sharma: React best practices and patterns to reduce code
- Savvas Stephanides: Building a responsive website? Start with mobile first!
- Diego Ballesteros: How to escape tutorial hell — the 100% fallacy
- Alex Omeyer: Prevent Technical Debt with These 3 Strategies💪
- Renan Franca: Create a Github stunning profile 💫 (by dynamically listing your recent blog posts)
- Yongchang He: Tutorial: Play with a Speech-to-Text API using Node.js
- Taylor Hunt: The weirdly obscure art of Streamed HTML
- Muthu Annamalai Venkatachalam: 10 Bad Coding Habits You Need to Put an End to Right Now
- Alvaro Montoro: Giving new meanings to the color functions in CSS
- Dotnetsafer: The 5 Guidelines to Write Cleaner Code in C#
- Anshuman Bhardwaj: Create your own URL shortener with Next.js and MongoDB in 10 Minutes
- Rizèl Scarlett: How Do I Resolve Merge Conflicts?
- Francisco Hernandez: Understanding CSS Selectors
- Ben Halpern: What is your best skill as a developer?
- Christian Heilmann: Destructive arguments used in technology discussions on social media that have to die
- Allison McMillan: #SheCoded Raised $2,000 for Girls Who Code!
- Wojciech Matuszewski: Minimal AWS SSO setup for personal AWS development
- SimonFischerSE: Open source ecommerce - How Medusa compares to Shopify
- Rich Kurtzman: Explaining micro frontends as simply as possible
- Sm0ke: Material Dashboard React - Open-Source Template
- Abdul Maajid: Best Free Resources to Learn Web3/Blockchain Development
- BekahHW: Technical Writing: A Developer's Guide to Storytelling
- Matej Bačo: Appwrite Storage meets limitless S3
- Ateev Duggal: Bad React JS Practices
- Briggs Elsperger: Understanding Callbacks
- Harsh Singh: Building a Serverless Application with Next.js and CockroachDB!
- Tudor-Radu Barbu: An Introduction to Smart Contracts
- Martin Heinz: Ultimate CI Pipeline for All of Your Python Projects
- Alvaro Montoro: comiCSS: Month One
- Tyler Hawkins: Microservice Orchestration vs. Choreography: How event-driven architecture helps decouple your app
- Muhammad Asif: Master the web storage API
- Santosh Yadav: Why and How we migrated to Nx from Angular CLI
- Uma Chisom Augustin: Simple ‘Mixin’ Alternative To Standard CSS Grids
- Angéllica Araujo: The reason why a new responsive web is emerging
- Tyler Hawkins: What Every Good README Should Contain
- Davide 'CoderDave' Benvegnù: I Got Awarded as Microsoft MVP 🥳🥳🥳
- Henrick Tissink: 8 🍨 Sweet Treats 🍨 in Modern C#
- Chris Bongers: Meet Daily Dev Tips v2
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄