TLWI Dev #89
Hey there, techies!
Welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter, filled with exciting content that will keep you up to date with the latest happenings in the tech world.
First up, we have an intriguing discussion about What are your Favourite Tools in React, and why? React has been gaining significant attention in recent times, and it's not surprising to see developers leveraging its tools to build exceptional web applications. Whether you are a newbie or an experienced React developer, this article will provide insights into some of the top React tools and why you should use them.
Next, we will be exploring the fascinating world of useEffect in react: Everything you need to know. useEffect is one of the most essential hooks in React, and every React developer should know how to use it effectively. In this article, you'll learn what useEffect is, how it works, and some best practices to help you leverage it effectively in your projects.
If you're interested in Kubernetes, then you'll love our next article on 7 essential Kubernetes GitHub Projects you should know about. Kubernetes has become increasingly popular in recent times, and this article highlights some of the essential Kubernetes GitHub projects you should explore. You'll discover exciting open-source projects that will help streamline your Kubernetes workflow and make your life easier.
Are you new to web development, looking for a solid starting point to launch your career? Then you don't want to miss our next article on 24 Lessons, 12 Weeks, Get Started as a Web Developer. This article is for anyone who wants to become a web developer, regardless of your current skill level. With a structured curriculum, you'll learn some core programming principles, front-end and back-end concepts, and how to build a full-stack web application.
Lastly, we have a fun question for you -- What's your favorite post on DEV? (by someone else!) We all love reading articles on DEV.to, and this week, we want to hear from you about your favorite post. Share the link to the post in the comments, and tell us why it's your favorite. Let's keep the conversation going!
That's all for this week, folks. Stay tuned for our next edition, where we'll bring you more exciting content. Happy coding!
Our Repo Picks
- Arriven/db1000n (Go): undefined
- YaoApp/yao (Go): Yao A low code engine to create web services and dashboard.
- lapce/lapce (Rust): Lightning-fast and Powerful Code Editor written in Rust
- EbookFoundation/free-programming-books : 📚 Freely available programming books
- italiaremote/awesome-italia-remote (Go): A list of remote-friendly or full-remote companies that targets Italian talents.
- type-challenges/type-challenges (TypeScript): Collection of TypeScript type challenges with online judge
- mdn/content (HTML): The content behind MDN Web Docs
- hpcaitech/ColossalAI (Python): Colossal-AI: A Unified Deep Learning System for Large-Scale Parallel Training
- FeeiCN/Security-PPT (Python): Security-related Slide Presentation（大安全各领域各公司各会议分享的 PPT）
- opengs/uashield (TypeScript): Voluntary Ukraine security platform to protect us from Russian forces in the Internet
- TheAlgorithms/C-Plus-Plus (C++): Collection of various algorithms in mathematics, machine learning, computer science and physics implemented in C++ for educational purposes.
- ytdl-org/youtube-dl (Python): Command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and other video sites
- avelino/awesome-go (Go): A curated list of awesome Go frameworks, libraries and software
- gin-gonic/gin (Go): Gin is a HTTP web framework written in Go (Golang). It features a Martini-like API with much better performance -- up to 40 times faster. If you need smashing performance, get yourself some Gin.
- TheAlgorithms/Python (Python): All Algorithms implemented in Python
- trailofbits/algo (Jinja): Set up a personal VPN in the cloud
- actions/checkout (TypeScript): Action for checking out a repo
- topjohnwu/Magisk (C++): The Magic Mask for Android
- Lakr233/Rayon (Swift): yet another SSH machine manager
- arthurspk/guiadevbrasil : GUIA EXTENSO DE PROGRAMAÇÃO:
- Avik-Jain/100-Days-Of-ML-Code : 100 Days of ML Coding
- jlevy/the-art-of-command-line : Master the command line, in one page
- skyline-emu/skyline (C++): Run Nintendo Switch homebrew & games on your Android device!
Our Article Picks
- Jasmin Virdi: What's new in ES2022? 🤔
- Madza: 12 Gorgeous UI Components for Your Design Inspiration 🎨✨
- Chris Bongers: 10 amazing games to learn CSS
- dev.to staff: Join us for a new kind of hackathon on DEV — brought to you by Deepgram!
- Duomly: 13 Very Profitable Business Ideas for Web Developers
- Adam Nathaniel Davis: Controlling React API Calls With Hooks
- Ankit Anand ✨: 42 tips for Getting Good at DevOps & Life 🚀👩🏻💻
- Leví Arista: A simple but nice header generator for your Github profile
- Ankit Anand ✨: Complete guide to becoming a DevOps Engineer - 2022 🚀🧑💻
- Chris Bongers: You don’t always need a CMS
- Ben Halpern: How Forem is Supporting the People of Ukraine
- Kathryn Grayson Nanz: Everything You Need to Know About the React 18 RC
- Jess Lee: Nevertheless, a new mother stayed in tech in 2022
- Carlo Morrone: Hidden gems - 5 JetBrains plugins to boost your productivity! 💎
- Dhravya: Create README files for your project in 30 seconds ⚡
- Suzanne Aitchison: 5 years in tech, and she's still coding
- Ayesha Sahar: Design Principles To Achieve a Better UI/UX Design
- Johannes Kettmann: How to set up a professional React project (including screencast)
- Modern Web: CSS Combinators : All about CSS ~ selector. Learn CSS 2022
- dev.to staff: Happy International Women's Day! Browse the 2022 #SheCoded Collection and Contribute Your Own Story.
- Michael Tharrington: What's your favorite post on DEV? (by someone else!)
- AabhasSao: Executing Shell Scripts with NodeJS
- Tawhid: 11 Security tips to protect your website
- dev.to staff: Introducing the Forem Shop! New Merch, Giveaways, and More.
- Stanislav Ilin: Flutter widget to create a group of buttons fast ✈️
- jen chan: On Levelling Up
- Duomly: Which Web Development Stacks to Use in 2022 - Guide for Business Owners
- Jonathan Gamble: Firestore is Stunted, So... What is the Perfect Database in 2022?
- Bradley Schofield: Take your Serverless Functions to new speeds with Appwrite 0.13
- Helen Anderson: 10 Women Who Changed the Tech World
- Tapas Adhikary: Integrate SuperTokens Passwordless Authentication with Next.js
- BekahHW: Technical Writing: A Beginner's Guide
- Gracie Gregory (she/her): Top 7 Featured DEV Posts from the Past Week: #SheCoded Edition
- Luiz Calaça: TypeScript Factory Design Pattern in practice (UML)
- Konnor Rogers: Escaping the traditional Rails form
- Pascal Thormeier: Let's have a blast of fun! How to build a Minesweeper clone for the CLI with NodeJS 💣🔍
- Mr. Paul Ishaili: What are your Favourite Tools in React, and why?
- CarolinaCobo: 2022, my first year as a professional Software Developer
- Tim Deschryver: Use Angular directives to extend components that you don't own
- Rajat Gupta: useEffect in react: Everything you need to know
- Isaac Lyman: Lost AirPods, arrays, and sorting algorithms
- Ankit Anand ✨: 7 essential Kubernetes GitHub Projects you should know about 🔥🚀
- Shahed Nasser: Open source ecommerce platform for multi-vendor marketplaces
- Zach Stone （ザック・ストーン）: How I Respond to Application Rejections
- Tahsin: Concurrency is not Parallelism - A deeper look at their key difference
- Lissa Ferreira: Passo a passo para começar a escrever artigos
- Valentin Vuk: First 6 months: Dreams vs Reality
- Christian Heilmann: Want to improve Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge? File an issue on Github
- Allen Helton: The Importance of Proper Serverless API Design
- Eevis (she/her): Nevertheless, Eevis Still Codes
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄