TLWI Dev #85
We're back with another week of exciting tech updates and must-read articles! This week, we're diving into some amazing resources that are guaranteed to help you up your game in the world of software engineering.
Next, we have an insightful piece that every software developer should check out. It's all about communication, something that is often overlooked when considering the skills required for success in the industry. This piece explores 5 types of communication a senior developer does. The article is an absolute gem, and we guarantee you'll learn a thing or two to help you communicate better with your team.
Looking to take your personal brand to the next level? We've got just the perfect resource for you, The Ultimate Personal Website 👨💻 Fully Functional Windows 10 Clone. Yep, you read that right, a Windows 10 clone! This website is an incredible inspiration for anyone looking to showcase their skills in a unique and creative way.
If you're looking to pursue a career in software engineering, then make sure to check out A complete computer science study plan to become a software engineer. This is an incredibly comprehensive guide that outlines everything you need to know and do, step by step. With this study plan, you'll be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to become a top-notch software engineer.
Finally, we've got something truly exciting for all you knowledge management and collaboration enthusiasts out there. Introducing Logseq - a privacy-first, open-source platform for knowledge management and collaboration. The platform is free to download and run on your desktops, and the developers have an exciting roadmap of further improvements and features coming soon.
That's all for now, folks. Catch you in the next one!
Our Repo Picks
- Kindelia/HVM (Rust): A massively parallel, optimal functional runtime in Rust
- solana-labs/solana-pay (TypeScript): A new standard for decentralized payments.
- flutter/flutter (Dart): Flutter makes it easy and fast to build beautiful apps for mobile and beyond
- microsoft/PowerToys (C#): Windows system utilities to maximize productivity
- Jxck-S/plane-notify (Python): Notify If a selected plane has taken off or landed using OpenSky or ADS-B Exchange data. Compares older data to newer data to determine if a landing or takeoff has occurred. As well as nav modes, emergency squawk and resolution advisory notifications. Can output to Twitter, Discord, and Pushbullet
- cwackerfuss/react-wordle (TypeScript): A fun Wordle clone made using React, Typescript, and Tailwind
- SerenityOS/serenity (C++): The Serenity Operating System 🐞
- 3b1b/manim (Python): Animation engine for explanatory math videos
- microsoft/terminal (C++): The new Windows Terminal and the original Windows console host, all in the same place!
- ventoy/Ventoy (C): A new bootable USB solution.
- jpetazzo/ampernetacle (HCL): undefined
- jwasham/coding-interview-university : A complete computer science study plan to become a software engineer.
- psf/black (Python): The uncompromising Python code formatter
- TeamNewPipe/NewPipe (Java): A libre lightweight streaming front-end for Android.
- ThioJoe/YT-Spammer-Purge (Python): Allows you easily scan for and delete scam comments using several methods.
- ansible/awx (Python): AWX Project
- logseq/logseq (Clojure): A privacy-first, open-source platform for knowledge management and collaboration. Desktop app download link: https://github.com/logseq/logseq/releases, roadmap: https://trello.com/b/8txSM12G/roadmap
- argoproj/argo-cd (Go): Declarative continuous deployment for Kubernetes.
- mastodon/mastodon (Ruby): Your self-hosted, globally interconnected microblogging community
- chiru-labs/ERC721A (Solidity): https://ERC721A.org
- EleutherAI/gpt-neox (Python): An implementation of model parallel autoregressive transformers on GPUs, based on the DeepSpeed library.
Our Article Picks
- Nader Dabit: The Complete Guide to Full Stack Web3 Development
- Gracie Gregory (she/her): Announcing the Microsoft Azure Trial Hackathon on DEV!
- Gabri Cebria: How to go from 0 to 100k as a freelancer
- Sadee: Personal Blog Website using HTML CSS JS
- Michael Owolabi: This is why your Node.js application is slow
- Kayode: I tried to find MongoDB connection strings over 1000 public GitHub repositories
- Samuel FAURE: The Marie Kondo guide for the clean developer
- Color Tools 🌈: Generate a CSS Color Gradient
- Dustin Brett: The Ultimate Personal Website 👨💻 Fully Functional Windows 10 Clone
- Ben Halpern: What would your tech stack of choice be for a new web dev project?
- Rizèl Scarlett: How Did I Become a Developer Advocate?
- Rodrigo "Pokemaobr" Cardoso: Sou iniciante em desenvolvimento, que projetos devo fazer no meu github?
- Nadia Makarevich: How to write performant React apps with Context
- rinaarts: Tips for starting a new job
- Harsh Sinha: How to Code And Publish Your First NPM package🎖
- Danilo Assis: How to keep your repo package dependencies up to date automatically
- Anshuman Bhardwaj: Creating a Read Progress Bar in React with TailwindCSS
- Just5MoreMinutes: Why do we use Hello World? - the history behind it
- Ingo Steinke: Taking colors to the next (CSS) level
- Abhinav Pandey: Effective Session Management using Supertokens
- Bonnie: Technical Writing Explained
- Ben Halpern: What are the qualities of a Principal Engineer (or equivalent title)?
- Alex Omeyer: Developer Productivity Tools: 17 Trending Apps You Need to Try 💯
- Gracie Gregory (she/her): Top 7 Featured DEV Posts from the Past Week
- Cassidy Williams: Adding a lang attribute to your Next.js site
- Nick | React tinkerer ⚛️: How React components work?
- Sandor Dargo: 5 types of communication a senior developer does
- Bruno Noriller: Why monoliths are a long term bad idea
- Sergej Brazdeikis: Software Engineer to Engineering Manager. Should I?
- Aden Eilers: React Hooks: useContext()
- Tyler Hawkins: The Principle Behind the Practice: Understanding why we do the things we do
- Sm0ke: Flask Stripe Sample - Open-Source, simple eCommerce APP
- Maurício Linhares: GoF Design patterns that still make sense in Go
- Jake Barnby: Almost Netflix: An iOS Netflix Clone built with Appwrite
- Cat: The Difference Between React State vs Props
- Adit Modi: Industrial IoT Architecture Patterns | AWS White Paper Summary
- Mina: A Simple Guide to fetch data using getStaticProps and getServerSideProps in Next.js
- Bartek Wiśniewski: Fix your Express error handling now
- Bradley Schofield: Bidding farewell to Appwrite's Tasks Service 👋
- Adit Modi: Introduction to Amazon Compute Services (EC2, EKS, and ECS)
- dev.to staff: A German Court Rules Against Google Fonts, DeepMind’s AI Coding Engine, Raspberry Pi’s 64-bit OS, & more on DevNews 🗞
- Anuj Gupta: Some Big Hackathons that you can participate and win big prizes
- Ehis Edemakhiota: Distinguishing between Concurrency, Parallelism, Asynchronous Programming and Multi-threading
- Dan Lebrero: Book notes: Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄