TLWI Dev #83
Welcome to another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter! This week, we've discovered some amazing tools and applications that we just can't wait to share with you.
First up, developers, have you ever wanted to have a Swiss Army knife that can solve all your development problems in one go? Look no further, as we have just the right tool for you! This amazing Swiss Army knife has everything a developer could dream of - from debugging and profiling to testing and deploying, it's got it all!
Next, we explore the fast and furious world of package managers. We take an in-depth look at how one particular package manager - tnpm - managed to be 10 seconds faster than pnpm with its rapid mode feature. We delve into the technicalities of how it works and what it means for developers.
Moving on to the world of container management, have you ever thought about extending the use of Kubernetes from the cloud to the desktop? Yes, you heard that right! Check out this amazing tool that can help you bring Kubernetes and container management to your desktop! You can find it here.
If you're into handwritten notes and love to sketch or draw, you'd be excited to know that we have come across a simple drawing application that allows you to do just that! With this application, you can create beautiful handwritten notes and designs with ease. Check it out here and let your creativity flow!
Finally, gamers, we haven't forgotten about you! This week, we take a look at an experimental Nintendo Switch emulator written in C#. It's still in its early stages, but it's definitely worth keeping an eye on. Who knows, it could be the next big thing in gaming emulators! Click here to find out more.
That's it for this week's newsletter. We hope you enjoy exploring these amazing tools and applications! Happy reading!
Our Repo Picks
- veler/DevToys (C#): A Swiss Army knife for developers.
- flxzt/rnote (Rust): A simple drawing application to create handwritten notes.
- akutz/go-generics-the-hard-way (Go): A hands-on approach to getting started with Go generics.
- public-apis/public-apis (Python): A collective list of free APIs
- huginn/huginn (Ruby): Create agents that monitor and act on your behalf. Your agents are standing by!
- pytorch/fairseq (Python): Facebook AI Research Sequence-to-Sequence Toolkit written in Python.
- Ryujinx/Ryujinx (C#): Experimental Nintendo Switch Emulator written in C#
- yuzu-emu/yuzu (C++): Nintendo Switch Emulator
- kedro-org/kedro (Python): A Python framework for creating reproducible, maintainable and modular data science code.
- fireship-io/fireship.io (TypeScript): Build and ship your app faster https://fireship.io
- torvalds/linux (C): Linux kernel source tree
- imcuttle/mometa (TypeScript): 🛠 [Beta] 面向研发的低代码元编程，代码可视编辑，辅助编码工具
- spring-projects/spring-authorization-server (Java): The Spring Authorization Server project is focused on delivering OAuth 2.1 Authorization Server support to the Spring community.
- rancher-sandbox/rancher-desktop (TypeScript): Kubernetes and container management to the desktop
- microsoft/playwright (TypeScript): Playwright is a framework for Web Testing and Automation. It allows testing Chromium, Firefox and WebKit with a single API.
- hashicorp/consul (Go): Consul is a distributed, highly available, and data center aware solution to connect and configure applications across dynamic, distributed infrastructure.
- sickcodes/Docker-OSX (Shell): Run Mac in a Docker! Run near native OSX-KVM in Docker! X11 Forwarding! CI/CD for OS X!
- scikit-learn/scikit-learn (Python): scikit-learn: machine learning in Python
- craftzdog/dotfiles-public (Vim script): My personal dotfiles
Our Article Picks
- Madza: 17 Killer Web Apps You Should Use to Increase Productivity 🚀💯
- Tapajyoti Bose: The Complete React Roadmap
- Tyler Hawkins: Lessons from a Tech Lead: Roles, responsibilities, and words of advice
- Pradumna Saraf: Want to learn about git and GitHub in a more fun way?
- Kira: How to build a REST API using NodeJS
- Ryan Carniato: The Return of Server Side Routing
- Ben Halpern: What are your tips for an effective developer resumé?
- Yaku: 15 CSS basics that will 🚀 boost your designing confidence as a frontend developer by 10x🦄🎉
- Alex Omeyer: 10 VSCode Extensions To Look Out For In 2022🎬
- Christian Heilmann: A launch.json to turn VS code into a full web development IDE
- Fatih Küçükkarakurt: Game Programming Fundamentals
- Ayush Singh: Youtube Video API
- Hahnbee Lee: VS Code Extension that Generates Documentation Using AI
- Prafful Lachhwani: How to choose the right backend technology?
- Peter Mbanugo: Goodbye Dockerfiles: Build Secure & Optimised Node.js Container Images with Cloud Native Buildpacks
- Sadee: Restaurant Website with HTML CSS JS
- Gracie Gregory (she/her): Congrats to the MongoDB Atlas Hackathon Winners!
- Asrorbek O'ktamjonov: ⭐️ The Open Source Alternative To Notion ⭐️
- Abdur-Rahman: CSS 3 VS Tailwind CSS
- TZ | 天猪: In-depth of tnpm rapid mode - how we managed to be 10 second faster than pnpm
- Jane Ori: A Devastating Cautionary Tale for Open Source Devs
- Bas codes: 🎶 Background Music to Get Into the Zone
- Thy Pham: How my company follows Agile + DevOps in daily work
- Rodrigo "Pokemaobr" Cardoso: Utilizando a bolha dev ao seu favor na busca do seu primeiro emprego!
- Brian Bethencourt: Joining the DEV Team (again)!
- Nadia Makarevich: Why custom react hooks could destroy your app performance
- Tassia Accioly: 5 lessons I learned in my first year as a programmer
- Olivier: 5 git tips for beginners
- Gracie Gregory (she/her): Top 7 Featured DEV Posts from the Past Week
- Ingo Steinke: Google alternatives?
- Steve Yonkeu: How to make a link preview 🤩
- Kirti: Adding Google Authentication Feature.
- Sacha Greif: Toxic Online Behaviors In the Developer Community
- Ali Spittel: A Complete Guide to the Amplify React Authentication Components
- Adit Modi: Introduction to Modern Data Architecture (formerly Lake House)
- Saji Wang: Building Native Desktop Apps with Electron.JS
- Modern Web: 5 CSS card hover effect that will blow your mind 🔥🤯
- David Amos: How To Stay Curious as a Coder
- Ben Halpern: What's the most fun you've ever had coding?
- CAST AI: The Hidden Shortcut to Increasing Fintech Gross Margins - Cloud Automation
- CAST AI: How to Solve the 3 Top Cloud Cost Optimization Challenges with CAST AI and Usage AI
- Arsh Sharma: Getting Started with Kubernetes as a Developer
- Chris Bongers: CSS Pseudo-classes: Element states
- Sm0ke: Argon Dashboard - Free Bootstrap 5 Template
- Cody Loyd: New Course Announcement
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄