TLWI Dev #81
Hello there, readers! Welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter. We've got some amazing resources for you to check out, so let's dive right in!
First up, do you ever wonder about the costs associated with data lakes? Well, it's an important consideration that many businesses overlook. Luckily, we've got a fantastic article that breaks down the important reference factors that influence data lakes costs. Make sure to give it a read!
Next, we have something for all you developers out there. Have you heard of Appwrite yet? It's an ultra-secure end-to-end backend server that's perfect for Web, Mobile, and Flutter developers. And the best part? It's packaged as a set of Docker containers for easy deployment! important reference Check it out and see how it can benefit your development projects.
Are you tired of constantly wrestling with Git? Don't worry, we've got you covered. Our next link is all about Git organization and how to implement a better Git flow. important reference Follow the tips in this article and say goodbye to messy Git repositories for good.
Moving on, if you're an Azure user, you don't want to miss out on our next resource. Azure Quickstart Templates offer a huge variety of templates for commonly-used workloads. important reference You'll save loads of time by using these templates and get your projects up and running in no time.
Last but certainly not least, we have an amazing article that describes how to build your very own second brain using Next.js. important reference If you're like most of us, you're constantly feeling overwhelmed with information. This article offers an incredible solution to help you organize your knowledge and be more productive.
That's it for this week's newsletter. We hope you enjoy these resources and find them helpful. Keep an eye out for more exciting content in the future!
Our Repo Picks
- Marak/faker.js : What really happened with Aaron Swartz?
- facebookresearch/mae (Python): PyTorch implementation of MAE https//arxiv.org/abs/2111.06377
- sunym1993/flash-linux0.11-talk (C): 你管这破玩意叫操作系统源码 — 像小说一样品读 Linux 0.11 核心代码
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- alibaba/xquic (C): undefined
- wmjordan/PDFPatcher (C#): PDF 补丁丁——PDF 工具箱，可以编辑书签、剪裁旋转页面、解除限制、提取或合并文档，探查文档结构，提取图片、转成图片等等
- Igglybuff/awesome-piracy (HTML): A curated list of awesome warez and piracy links
- QSCTech/zju-icicles (HTML): 浙江大学课程攻略共享计划
- withastro/astro (TypeScript): Build fast websites, faster. 🚀🧑🚀✨
- files-community/Files (C#): A modern file manager that pushes the boundaries of the platform.
- facebook/folly (C++): An open-source C++ library developed and used at Facebook.
- ReactiveX/RxSwift (Swift): Reactive Programming in Swift
- TheAlgorithms/Python (Python): All Algorithms implemented in Python
- protocolbuffers/protobuf (C++): Protocol Buffers - Google's data interchange format
- google/leveldb (C++): LevelDB is a fast key-value storage library written at Google that provides an ordered mapping from string keys to string values.
- jeecgboot/jeecg-boot (Java): 「企业级低代码平台」前后端分离架构 SpringBoot 2.x，SpringCloud，Ant Design&Vue，Mybatis-plus，Shiro，JWT。强大的代码生成器让前后端代码一键生成，无需写任何代码! 引领新的开发模式 OnlineCoding->代码生成->手工 MERGE，帮助 Java 项目解决 70%重复工作，让开发更关注业务，既能快速提高效率，帮助公司节省成本，同时又不失灵活性。
- DioxusLabs/dioxus (Rust): Elegant React-like library for building user interfaces for desktop, web, mobile, SSR, liveview, and more.
- microsoft/PowerToys (C#): Windows system utilities to maximize productivity
- project-chip/connectedhomeip (C++): Matter (formerly Project CHIP) is creating more connections between more objects, simplifying development for manufacturers and increasing compatibility for consumers, guided by the Connectivity Standards Alliance (formerly Zigbee Alliance).
- Azure/azure-quickstart-templates (Shell): Azure Quickstart Templates
- arendst/Tasmota (C): Alternative firmware for ESP8266 with easy configuration using webUI, OTA updates, automation using timers or rules, expandability and entirely local control over MQTT, HTTP, Serial or KNX. Full documentation at
Our Article Picks
- Padmashree Jha: Cheat sheets
- Shaan Alam: How I built my second brain using Next.JS
- Modern Web: How to make full stack e-commerce website using HTML, CSS and JS | Part 01
- Alex Eagleson: How to Connect a React App to a Notion Database
- Temani Afif: I am back with 100 "Dark Mode" CSS loaders
- Annie Sexton: Git Organized: A Better Git Flow
- Sadee: Animated Education Website with HTML CSS JS
- Kathryn Grayson Nanz: Figma for Developers
- Mohamad Lawand: How to be a Web Developer in 2022
- Sachin Chaurasiya: How To Show Your Latest Blogs On GitHub Profile
- Jhey Tompkins: Parallax Powered by CSS Custom Properties
- Matt Morgan: First Look at Lambda Powertools TypeScript
- Lina Jelinčić: How I switched from PHP to Node.js
- Damian Piwowarczyk: React & PDF Rendering
- Scott O'Dea: 4 Ways to Level-Up Your JS Destructuring and Spread Syntax
- Anjan Shomooder: How to build a modern slide based website with fullpage.js
- Nikita Grechino: Deep dive into React codebase [EP1: Prerequisites]
- Dima Grossman: How we reduced our nodejs monorepo build time by 70%
- Iain Freestone: 🚀10 Trending projects on GitHub for web developers - 14th January 2022
- Anurag Gharat: 5 HTML Input types you are missing!
- Chris Bongers: Show and hide a header based on scroll direction
- Zoltán Szőgyényi: How to build a Tailwind CSS pagination component with Flowbite
- Martins Oloyede: The Beginner's Guide to Understanding an API
- Aditya Pradhan: 5 Projects to Get You to Your First Web Dev Job in 2022
- Ivan: Create react components at the speed of light with Plop.js
- Debbie O'Brien: TypeScript and React Children
- TagorenathV: IoT-SaaS: Web App using ReactJS, MongoDB Atlas & Realm
- Rizèl Scarlett: Make your first contribution to a GitHub Action!
- Olubisi Idris Ayinde💡: How to Implement CORS and Authentication in NodeJS
- Anthony Dellavecchia: How a Rogue Developer Ruined Millions of Software (happened this weekend)
- Milecia: Creating an Asteroid Map with a NASA API
- Adit Modi: Understanding what influences data lakes costs
- Nadia Makarevich: How to write performant React code: rules, patterns, do's and don'ts
- eruj22: Pizza Delivery App
- Tapajyoti Bose: 5 UX Tricks You Must Know in 2022
- Alex Omeyer: 7 Top Metrics for Measuring Your Technical Debt🚀
- Farhad Faghihi: Git Survival Kit - Part 1
- anomaly3108: Make SVG follow cursor using CSS and JS
- Aravind Kumar Vemula: I am unable to find Freelance Clients? Help!
- Adit Modi: Security Pillar - AWS Well-Architected Framework | AWS White Paper Summary
- Adit Modi: Introduction to Operational Analytics
- Maurício Linhares: What to ask at job interviews when you are being interviewed
- dev.to staff: Listen to the DevNews Podcast Season 7 Premiere 🎤
- Shashank shekhar: Roadmap to being a Full Stack Web Developer
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄