TLWI Dev #76
Hello and welcome back to our weekly newsletter! We're back with another set of exciting stories and useful resources for all web developers out there. This week, we're offering a range of useful links and references to help you become a better developer, starting with Design patterns implemented in Java that will help you improve your Java programming skills.
Are you ready to discover the latest and greatest trends in web development? Be sure to check out 🚀10 Trending projects on GitHub for web developers - 10th December 2021 to see the hottest new web development projects on GitHub this week.
We know that becoming a developer can seem daunting, but don't worry, we've got you covered. This week, we're presenting a roadmap, with Roadmap to becoming a developer in 2021 to help you chart your course and discover the steps you need to take to become a successful developer.
Finally, we want to share an important resource that can help you manage your invoicing needs effectively. Check out Open Source Invoicing Solution for Individuals & Businesses to find an affordable and effective invoicing solution that works for you.
That's all from us this week. We hope you enjoy this week's newsletter and come back again for more exciting resources and stories about the world of web development.
Our Repo Picks
- kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap (TypeScript): Roadmap to becoming a developer in 2021
- ja-netfilter/ja-netfilter (Java): A javaagent framework
- TencentARC/GFPGAN (Python): GFPGAN aims at developing Practical Algorithms for Real-world Face Restoration.
- zeldaret/oot (C): Decompilation of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- FerretDB/FerretDB (Go): A truly Open Source MongoDB alternative
- doocs/leetcode (Java): 😏 LeetCode solutions in any programming language | 多种编程语言实现 LeetCode、《剑指 Offer（第 2 版）》、《程序员面试金典（第 6 版）》题解
- Eugeny/tabby (TypeScript): A terminal for a more modern age (formerly Terminus)
- projectdiscovery/nuclei-templates (Python): Community curated list of templates for the nuclei engine to find security vulnerabilities.
- crater-invoice/crater (PHP): Open Source Invoicing Solution for Individuals & Businesses
- PaperMC/Paper (Java): High performance Spigot fork that aims to fix gameplay and mechanics inconsistencies
- grafana/grafana (TypeScript): The open and composable observability and data visualization platform. Visualize metrics, logs, and traces from multiple sources like Prometheus, Loki, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, Postgres and many more.
- public-apis/public-apis (Python): A collective list of free APIs
- JetBrains/compose-jb (Kotlin): Jetpack Compose for Desktop and Web, a modern UI framework for Kotlin that makes building performant and beautiful user interfaces easy and enjoyable.
- alibaba/hooks (TypeScript): A high-quality & reliable React Hooks library.
- Pycord-Development/pycord (Python): Pycord, a maintained fork of discord.py, is a python wrapper for the Discord API
- danielmiessler/SecLists (PHP): SecLists is the security tester's companion. It's a collection of multiple types of lists used during security assessments, collected in one place. List types include usernames, passwords, URLs, sensitive data patterns, fuzzing payloads, web shells, and many more.
- kon9chunkit/GitHub-Chinese-Top-Charts (Java): 🇨🇳 GitHub 中文排行榜，帮助你发现高分优秀中文项目，无语言障碍地、更高效地吸收国人优秀经验成果；榜单周更，敬请关注！
- jwasham/coding-interview-university : A complete computer science study plan to become a software engineer.
- blender/blender (C): Official mirror of Blender
- grpc/grpc (C++): The C based gRPC (C++, Python, Ruby, Objective-C, PHP, C#)
- iluwatar/java-design-patterns (Java): Design patterns implemented in Java
Our Article Picks
- Digvijay Jadhav: Roadmap for React JS 2022
- javinpaul: 10 Best Websites to become a React.js Developer in 2022
- Uday Yadav: React Hooks for Beginners
- KOR Connect: Quickest Way to Secure API Keys on the Frontend (In Minutes)
- Tapajyoti Bose: 5 Tricks to Truly Call Yourself HTML master
- Rakesh Potnuru: Two new react frameworks
- Alex Eagleson: How to Create a Dark Mode Component in React
- Alex Eagleson: Learnings from React Conf 2021
- kritik sah: Learning Blockchain development #day1 - As a frontend developer.
- Uduak-abaci Udofe: How to achieve dark/light mode with CSS.
- Stas Melnikov: The 3 Short Frontend tips for December
- Haris#: React practices for Beginners
- Pramit Marattha: Building a Project Case study app using the absolute power of MERN stack 🔥
- Alvaro Montoro: How to create a progress bar with HTML and CSS (video)
- javinpaul: How to become an App Developer in 2022
- Taylor Overturf: 10 Terminal Commandments for Coding Newbies
- javinpaul: 10 Tools Python Programmers Can Learn in 2022
- Eric The Coder: PHP cheat sheet (updated to PHP 8.1)
- Pramit Marattha: Building a Calorie Journal SaaS based project using MERN stack 🔥
- Deon Rich: Complete Guide to Building Games in the Browser
- Nick Taylor: How I Review Pull Requests
- Paula Santamaría: Using GitHub Actions to turn contributors into heroes of an open source game
- freeOne: VS Code : Aesthetics
- Iain Freestone: 🚀10 Trending projects on GitHub for web developers - 10th December 2021
- Deepankar Bhade: How I self-hosted my own website analytics with Umami
- EstherWanjiru: Introduction to Git and GitHub
- Kartik Grewal: Creating a dashboard for Postgres db with React and Recharts
- Pramit Marattha: Building a Fullstack Road trip mapper app using the absolute power of MERN stack 🔥
- Ali Spittel: 8 New Features of Amplify Studio
- Patiparn Intaraprasert: Superb VSCode extensions changing your coding life
- Daryl Aranha: Get Infinite Scrolling in just few lines of code!
- Sidney Alcantara: How and why you should store React UI state in the URL
- Michelle Mannering: What's the difference between a GitHub Action and a Workflow?
- Rizèl Scarlett: 3 Ways to Backup Your Code (Even If You Don’t Know Git)
- Zoltán Szőgyényi: How to build a Tailwind CSS tabs component
- Damian Demasi: Using Notion to organise programming topics
- prachigarg19: Project 5:Flex-gallery
- Mikhail Karan: Junior Developer Struggles
- Kiran Raj R: CSS Hamburger Menu Icons
- Jatin Sharma: Typing Effect with typed.js
- david050708: DaveWebOS : free, user-friendly
- Andrew (he/him): How I built 4 blogs in 15 minutes
- freeOne: VS Code : Organization
- Kritika Srivastava: Build Products to learn coding.
- Ahaiwe Emmanuel: An easy Approach to Algorithms (Part 1)
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄