TLWI Dev #75
Welcome back to the weekly newsletter! It's another exciting week filled with the latest tech updates and trends. This week, we have some fantastic links that you shouldn't miss out on.
First, have you heard about Firebase Alternative? This open-source platform is a great alternative to Firebase for building serverless applications. With its public beta launching soon, you can stay updated on its progress by following the link.
Next up, PyTorch enthusiasts, you don't want to miss this unofficial implementation of Masked Autoencoders Are Scalable Vision Learners! This link provides an excellent resource for scaling vision learners.
Do you struggle with building beautiful user interfaces? Well, Jetpack Compose for Desktop and Web is here to make it easy and enjoyable! It's a modern UI framework for Kotlin that can help you build performant and stunning user interfaces.
Lastly, if you're new to Git and GitHub, we've got you covered with our beginner's guide. Git and GitHub for beginners takes you through the basics so you can start mastering the tools.
That's it for this week, folks! Make sure you don't miss any of these fantastic links. Stay safe and keep exploring the world of tech!
Our Repo Picks
- supabase/supabase (TypeScript): The open source Firebase alternative. Follow to stay updated about our public Beta.
- phoboslab/qoi (C): The “Quite OK Image” format for fast, lossless image compression
- ming1016/SwiftPamphletApp (Swift): 戴铭的 Swift 小册子，一本活的 Swift 手册
- jesseduffield/lazygit (Go): simple terminal UI for git commands
- PaperMC/Paper (Java): High performance Spigot fork that aims to fix gameplay and mechanics inconsistencies
- kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap (TypeScript): Roadmap to becoming a web developer in 2021
- mpcabete/bombcrypto-bot (Python): This is a python bot that automatically logs in, clicks the new button, and sends heroes to work in the bombcrypto game. It is fully open source and free.
- JetBrains/compose-jb (Kotlin): Jetpack Compose for Desktop and Web, a modern UI framework for Kotlin that makes building performant and beautiful user interfaces easy and enjoyable.
- PKUanonym/REKCARC-TSC-UHT (HTML): 清华大学计算机系课程攻略 Guidance for courses in Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University
- merico-dev/lake (Go): DevLake: the open source data lake & dashboard for your DevOps tools.
- papers-we-love/papers-we-love (Shell): Papers from the computer science community to read and discuss.
- CaffeineMC/sodium-fabric (Java): A Fabric mod designed to improve frame rates and reduce micro-stutter
- sindresorhus/awesome : 😎 Awesome lists about all kinds of interesting topics
- pengzhiliang/MAE-pytorch (Python): Unofficial PyTorch implementation of Masked Autoencoders Are Scalable Vision Learners
- EbookFoundation/free-programming-books : 📚 Freely available programming books
- iterativv/NostalgiaForInfinity (Python): Trading strategy for the Freqtrade crypto bot
- Eugeny/tabby (TypeScript): A terminal for a more modern age (formerly Terminus)
- jlevy/the-art-of-command-line : Master the command line, in one page
- gothinkster/realworld (Shell): "The mother of all demo apps" — Exemplary fullstack Medium.com clone powered by React, Angular, Node, Django, and many more 🏅
- terraform-aws-modules/terraform-aws-eks (HCL): Terraform module to create an Elastic Kubernetes (EKS) cluster and associated worker instances on AWS
- jwasham/coding-interview-university : A complete computer science study plan to become a software engineer.
- actions/virtual-environments (PowerShell): GitHub Actions virtual environments
Our Article Picks
- Ben Halpern: Last Chance to Join the 2021 GitHub Actions Hackathon on DEV!
- Tyler Hawkins: In Defense of Clean Code: 100+ pieces of timeless advice from Uncle Bob
- Alex Omeyer: 10 Must-Have React Developer Tools to Write Clean Code💻🔥
- Rounak Banik: Building a web3 frontend with React
- Jatin Sharma: Curved Timeline in CSS
- Tapajyoti Bose: Redux vs Context API: When to use them
- Pramit Marattha: Building a MERN stack simple blog site from absolute scratch 🔥
- Robbie Cahill: Six Ways To Drastically Boost Your Productivity As A Node developer
- Esther Agbaje: Learn to use StorybookJS in your React Project
- Nikhil Bobade: Animated Profile Card Using HTML CSS & GSAP
- Andrew Lee: Why I no longer use GraphQL for new projects
- Amod Shinde: Best Practices for Node.js Development
- javinpaul: How to become a Certified AWS Developer in 2022
- Nitzan Hen: You DON'T need these to be a web dev
- javinpaul: 12 Tools Web Developers can Learn in 2022
- LUKESHIRU: You don't need "if"
- Elijah Trillionz: Cleaning up Async Functions in React's useEffect Hook (Unsubscribing)
- Alvaro Montoro: Building a coordinate system in CSS and HTML
- Muhammad Rauf: Create a Calendar in HTML and CSS
- Aiden Bai: Million.js 1.0.0 Release!
- Pramit Marattha: Crafting a stunning CRUD application with MERN stack 🔥
- Ericawanja: Git and GitHub for beginners
- Olubisi Idris Ayinde💡: Web 3.0: A Developer Roadmap, Guide, and Resources to Get Started
- Tabassum Khanum: Git Cheat Sheet- 20 commands I Use Everyday
- Somnath Singh: Git Commands That Will Save Your Job
- Damian Demasi: React: class components vs function components
- Victor Ocnarescu: My secret trick for writing great React components
- Harshit Aditya: Mistakes I made while learning Web Development as a beginner
- JB: React Tips & Tricks: Uploading a File With A Progress Bar
- Muhammad Rauf: How to Add Preloader in HTML Page
- Mustapha Aouas: Mesmerizing animation using only CSS translations 🪄
- Sagar Barapatre: How I started learning to code: the resources I’ve used in the first three months
- javinpaul: 5 Best Java Frameworks to Learn in 2022 for Microservices and Cloud Native Development
- Nomadev💻🔱: Top 5 Best Git Extensions For VS Code (You must have)
- WEI FENG: CSS Concepts - The one and only guide you need
- Andrew Lee: Why I choose NextJS over CRA for new projects
- hsiaosiyuan0: Go is one of the future of Frontend infrastructure
- Suzanne Aitchison (she/her): How we made the markdown toolbar
- Jatin Sharma: Typing Effect by using CSS
- Linh Truong Cong Hong: A sample e-commerce web app built with ReactJS, ExpressJS and MongoDB
- javinpaul: Why Frontend Developers Should Learn Firebase in 2022
- Amod Shinde: Using refs in React.js
- liadshviro: Are you a video fan?🚀
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄