TLWI Dev #74
Hey there awesome readers 🎉,
Welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter. We've got some exciting news and resources for you, so buckle up and let's take a look!
Firstly, who doesn't love a good bargain? We sure do! And that's why we've rounded up the 2021 Best Black Friday Deals for Web Developers that you won't want to miss. From web hosting to software and courses, be sure to check out these deals before they're gone.
Are you interested in learning how to create a Restful API with Golang from scratch? If so, then we've got you covered with this fantastic resource. You'll learn everything you need to know about building your own API with the Go programming language.
Next up, we've got some great tips for you on how to make your users pay attention with 5 Effective UX to Grab Users' Attention. You'll learn the best practices for designing user interfaces that will keep your users engaged and coming back for more.
If you're a music lover like we are, then you'll want to check out this awesome resource that allows you to automatically adjust your headphone equalization based on frequency responses. This will make your listening experience even more enjoyable and personalized to your taste.
Finally, we come to our last resource which is all about Software Engineering Best Practices and the Best Resources to Save 🚀 them. Learn from the experts on how to write cleaner code, collaborate better in teams, and stay on top of the latest trends in software development.
That's it for this week folks! We hope you found these resources useful and we'll be back next week with even more exciting news and tips.
Until then, happy coding! 🚀
Our Repo Picks
- davidrmiller/biosim4 (C++): Biological evolution simulator
- TachibanaYoshino/AnimeGANv2 (Python): [Open Source]. The improved version of AnimeGAN. Landscape photos/videos to anime
- AppFlowy-IO/appflowy (Rust): AppFlowy is an open-source alternative to Notion. You are in charge of your data and customizations. Built with Flutter and Rust.
- tldraw/tldraw (TypeScript): A tiny little drawing app.
- google/filament (C++): Filament is a real-time physically based rendering engine for Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, macOS, and WebGL2
- pengzhiliang/MAE-pytorch (Python): Unofficial PyTorch implementation of Masked Autoencoders Are Scalable Vision Learners
- jaakkopasanen/AutoEq (Jupyter Notebook): Automatic headphone equalization from frequency responses
- microsoft/ML-For-Beginners (Jupyter Notebook): 12 weeks, 26 lessons, 52 quizzes, classic Machine Learning for all
- rougier/scientific-visualization-book (Python): An open access book on scientific visualization using python and matplotlib
- SerenityOS/serenity (C++): The Serenity Operating System 🐞
- microsoft/qlib (Python): Qlib is an AI-oriented quantitative investment platform, which aims to realize the potential, empower the research, and create the value of AI technologies in quantitative investment. With Qlib, you can easily try your ideas to create better Quant investment strategies. An increasing number of SOTA Quant research works/papers are released in Qlib.
- mattermost/focalboard (TypeScript): Focalboard is an open source, self-hosted alternative to Trello, Notion, and Asana.
- Light-City/CPlusPlusThings (C++): C++那些事
- ardalis/CleanArchitecture (C#): Clean Architecture Solution Template: A starting point for Clean Architecture with ASP.NET Core
- bryandlee/animegan2-pytorch (Jupyter Notebook): PyTorch implementation of AnimeGANv2
- OlympusDAO/olympus-contracts (Solidity): undefined
- audacity/audacity (C): Audio Editor
- firebase/firebase-ios-sdk (Objective-C): Firebase iOS SDK
- dmlc/dgl (Python): Python package built to ease deep learning on graph, on top of existing DL frameworks.
- Requarks/wiki (Vue): Wiki.js | A modern and powerful wiki app built on Node.js
- Pierian-Data/Complete-Python-3-Bootcamp (Jupyter Notebook): Course Files for Complete Python 3 Bootcamp Course on Udemy
- dotnet-architecture/eShopOnWeb (C#): Sample ASP.NET Core 5.0 reference application, powered by Microsoft, demonstrating a layered application architecture with monolithic deployment model. Download the eBook PDF from docs folder.
- InstaPy/InstaPy (Python): 📷 Instagram Bot - Tool for automated Instagram interactions
Our Article Picks
- Haris#: VS Code extensions to increase your Productivity
- Thiago Pacheco: Create a Restful API with Golang from scratch
- Techworld with Nana: Top 8 Docker Best Practices for using Docker in Production ✅
- Yash Makan: 18 Python one-liners that will speed up your coding process.
- javinpaul: How to become a Frontend Developer in 2022
- Junaid: Interview questions for JS
- Lavish Goyal: Different ways for User Authentication with NodeJS Part - 2 (JWT)
- Andrew Jackson: 2021 Best Black Friday Deals for Web Developers
- Abhiraj Bhowmick: The React roadmap for beginners you never knew you needed.
- CodeOz: 3 Ways to CENTER a div in CSS
- Jaakko: How I structure my React.js projects
- Štěpán Granát: Faster! Optimizing React app to the bone
- The Nerdy Dev: FrontEnd Developer Roadmap
- Pramit Marattha: Build a Full-Stack Notebook App using React and Firebase 📓 🔥
- Rakesh Potnuru: Different ways to connect react frontend and node backend
- Justin Maximillian Kimlim: Xplorer, a modern File Explorer that was written using TypeScript, has its performance improved on the recent release
- Jeremy: 5 things I struggled with when learning React with a Vue background
- Damian Demasi: Learn how to use Git and GitHub in a team like a pro (part 2)
- Saji Wang: Getting started with Web Sockets in NodeJS
- Colum Ferry: Modern Angular
- javinpaul: How to become a Certified AWS Solution Architect in 2022
- Mr. Unity Buddy: 7 Awesome Python Libraries To Play With 🕺
- Mustapha Aouas: I made a working Gameboy CSS art: try it out 🕹
- Alex Omeyer: Software Engineering Best Practices + The Best Resources to Save🚀
- Jaakko: Which technologies would you choose for your next web project?
- Mark Vassilevskiy: Simple Commands in Linux That Will Make You Feel Like a Pro
- javinpaul: 10 Best HTML, CSS and Web Development Courses for Beginners to Learn Online
- Iain Freestone: 🚀10 Trending projects on GitHub for web developers - 26th November 2021
- Fidal Mathew: Start contributing to Opensource as a web dev beginner
- Sadee: Animated content card with HTML CSS
- Johnny Simpson: CSS Pixel Art Generator
- anthony-campolo: what is partial hydration and why is everyone talking about it?
- Kyle Prinsloo: With No Code Builders, Why Should Clients Hire a Developer?
- Tapajyoti Bose: 5 Effective UX to Grab Users' Attention
- Nikhil Bobade: Responsive Navbar Using HTML & CSS
- Stanley Ruheza: Contribute like a Pro. A guide for git-branching model (Part 1)
- javinpaul: 22 Tech Skills Java Programmers can Learn in 2022
- javinpaul: How to become a certified Microsoft Azure Professional in 2022
- Serge Jabo Byusa: Understand React Redux from scrach on one page
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄