TLWI Dev #73
Hey there, tech enthusiasts! 🤖
It's time for our weekly dose of exciting news and resources. Whether you're a beginner in the field or an advanced developer, we've got you covered. Let's dive into this week's highlights.
Are you tired of using the same old project management tools? Focalboard might just be the solution for you. It is an open-source, self-hosted alternative to popular platforms like Trello, Notion and Asana. With Focalboard, you can manage your projects, tasks, and ideas efficiently, all in one place.
Are you familiar with DOMs? In this week's featured article, we'll be decoding DOM, Shadow DOM & Virtual DOM. Whether you're a web developer or just curious about the inner workings of your favorite websites, this is a must-read.
Collaboration is key in today's tech world. That's where Git and GitHub come in. Learn how to use these tools like a pro with our comprehensive guide on how to use Git and GitHub in a team. Sharpen your skills, work smarter and collaborate better.
That's all for this week folks. Stay tuned for more exciting content and resources in our next newsletter. Happy coding! 💻
Our Repo Picks
- WyvernTKC/cpuminer-gr-avx2 (C): Optimised Version of GR miner for RTM
- alan2207/bulletproof-react (TypeScript): 🛡️ ⚛️ A simple, scalable, and powerful architecture for building production ready React applications.
- xmrig/xmrig (C++): RandomX, CryptoNight, AstroBWT and Argon2 CPU/GPU miner
- restic/restic (Go): Fast, secure, efficient backup program
- koekeishiya/yabai (C): A tiling window manager for macOS based on binary space partitioning
- sickcodes/Docker-OSX (Shell): Run Mac in a Docker! Run near native OSX-KVM in Docker! X11 Forwarding! CI/CD for OS X!
- fatedier/frp (Go): A fast reverse proxy to help you expose a local server behind a NAT or firewall to the internet.
- nvm-sh/nvm (Shell): Node Version Manager - POSIX-compliant bash script to manage multiple active node.js versions
- mattermost/focalboard (TypeScript): Focalboard is an open source, self-hosted alternative to Trello, Notion, and Asana.
- XTLS/Xray-core (Go): Xray, Penetrates Everything. Also the best v2ray-core, with XTLS support. Fully compatible configuration.
- sveltejs/svelte (TypeScript): Cybernetically enhanced web apps
- yichengchen/clashX (Swift): undefined
- halfrost/LeetCode-Go (Go): ✅ Solutions to LeetCode by Go, 100% test coverage, runtime beats 100% / LeetCode 题解
- TheCherno/Hazel (C++): Hazel Engine
- dotnet/maui (C#): .NET MAUI is the .NET Multi-platform App UI, a framework for building native device applications spanning mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- microsoft/unilm (Python): Large-scale Self-supervised Pre-training Across Tasks, Languages, and Modalities
- cloudwego/kitex (Go): A high-performance and strong-extensibility Golang RPC framework that helps developers build microservices.
- nushell/nushell (Rust): A new type of shell
- Genymobile/scrcpy (C): Display and control your Android device
- tharsis/evmos (Go): Evmos is the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) Hub on the Cosmos Network. It is the flagship implementation of the Ethermint library that prioritizes interoperability and novel economics.
- YunaiV/SpringBoot-Labs (Java): 一个涵盖六个专栏：Spring Boot 2.X、Spring Cloud、Spring Cloud Alibaba、Dubbo、分布式消息队列、分布式事务的仓库。希望胖友小手一抖，右上角来个 Star，感恩 1024
- donnemartin/system-design-primer (Python): Learn how to design large-scale systems. Prep for the system design interview. Includes Anki flashcards.
Our Article Picks
- Pramit Marattha: 330 React Interview Questions 🔥
- Juraj Pavlović: Bad ReactJs practices to avoid
- Alex Omeyer: 📚🏆 Top 20 Web Development Learning Resources: From Beginner to Advanced
- Esther Agbaje: 5 Popular Frontend Development Tools in 2021
- meijin: "bulletproof-react" is a hidden treasure of React best practices!
- Mustapha Aouas: Mesmerizing animation using only CSS rotations 🧘♀️
- Panshak: I created a full stack open source invoicing application using the MERN stack
- Alex E: How to Create and Publish a React Component Library
- Damian Demasi: Learn how to use Git and GitHub in a team like a pro
- Edwin Torres: 50 Ways You Can Improve as a Programmer
- Yassine Fathi: I created a terminal style website.
- Matt Studdert: A better way to discover junior front-end developers
- Jatin Sharma: How to use Web Storage API?
- Manvi Tyagi: How did I get multiple interview calls and referrals?
- Muhammad Mahdi: Mac OS for the Web!
- Tapajyoti Bose: DOMs Decoded: DOM, Shadow DOM & Virtual DOM
- Why and How ❔❔: TOP 3 SITES FOR PROGRAMMERS 👩💻
- Matti Bar-Zeev: Creating a React Custom Hook using TDD
- Fidal Mathew: Responsive Design CSS tips
- Barbara Lavigne: Boost Your Efficiency: Top 5 Productivity Plugins For Dev Teams 🔥🔥🔥
- ifrah: 5 Underrated resources to learn Git and Github
- Ansub Khan: CSS Animation Simplified!
- Muthu Annamalai Venkatachalam: 10 Best Productive Tools for Web Developer.
- Zoltán Szőgyényi: Building a responsive navbar component in Tailwind CSS
- Anjan Shomooder: Add a video background to your landing page to make it more gorgeous
- 𝐋𝐄𝑽𝐈𝑨𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 Programming: How to send Chrome / Browser Notifications
- The Nerdy Dev: React.js - Virtual DOM
- Chris Noring: Rust from the beginning, your first program
- Arpit Mishra: Build a Discord stage channel clone with 100ms and Next.js
- Ayush Singh: 🌎 Track Twitter Trends of any country or town in the world
- Keerthi: A crash course in React.js and D3
- Maddy: Spring Boot Architecture
- Gabriel Bittencourt: React router V6: Some of the new changes
- Temani Afif: A One Piece of CSS Art!
- Rizèl Scarlett: GitHub Actions: You Can Build Reusable Workflows!
- Carlo Gino Catapang: Dynamic image placeholder in Next.js
- Toby Parent: Pre-planning Your Project
- Alvaro Montoro: Drawing an animated 3D store front with CSS
- javinpaul: How to become a Certified Spring Developer Professional in 2022
- Arunava Modak: React Router V5 vs V6
- quocbahuynh: Build a blog for beginners with React in 3 minutes
- Shuvo: Let's create an animated landing page with React and Three.js
- Pratham: All you need to know about React Hooks.
- William Juan: Animate your Angular App using Motion One
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄