TLWI Dev #72
Hey there, newsletter readers! Ready for another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter? We've got some amazing links to share with you this week that we're sure you'll love.
First up, we have a fantastic resource for all you techies out there: PowerShell for every system! Whether you're a Windows user, Linux enthusiast, or macOS devotee, PowerShell can make your life a whole lot easier. From automating tasks to managing servers, this powerful command-line tool is definitely worth checking out.
Next on the list, we have a guide to one of the most essential tools for any developer: Git basics: Branches and strategies. Git is the cornerstone of modern software development, allowing teams to collaborate and code together seamlessly. This guide will help you get started with Git and teach you everything you need to know about branches and strategies for managing your codebase.
If CSS is more your thing, then you'll love our making a simple CSS timeline for beginners! tutorial. With just a few lines of code, you'll be able to create a beautiful and functional timeline that's sure to impress your visitors.
Finally, for all you Go fans out there, we have a really cool link to share: a rule-based tunnel in Go. This tool allows you to create secure tunnels that can be used to connect to remote servers or endpoints. It's powerful, simple to use, and definitely worth checking out if you're interested in network security.
That's it for this week's links, folks. We hope you enjoyed these awesome resources and learned something new. Be sure to stay tuned for next week's newsletter, where we'll bring you even more exciting content. Happy learning!
Our Repo Picks
- DrKLO/Telegram (Java): Telegram for Android source
- Python-World/python-mini-projects (Python): A collection of simple python mini projects to enhance your python skills
- dogecoin/dogecoin (C++): very currency
- OpenIMSDK/Open-IM-Server (Go): OpenIM：由前微信技术专家打造的基于 Go 实现的即时通讯（IM）项目，从服务端到客户端 SDK 开源即时通讯（IM）整体解决方案，可以轻松替代第三方 IM 云服务，打造具备聊天、社交功能的 app。
- questdb/questdb (Java): An open source SQL database designed to process time series data, faster
- NVIDIA/DeepLearningExamples (Jupyter Notebook): Deep Learning Examples
- solana-labs/token-list (TypeScript): The community maintained Solana token registry
- smartcontractkit/full-blockchain-solidity-course-py : Ultimate Solidity, Blockchain, and Smart Contract - Beginner to Expert Full Course | Python Edition
- solana-labs/solana (Rust): Web-Scale Blockchain for fast, secure, scalable, decentralized apps and marketplaces.
- Dreamacro/clash (Go): A rule-based tunnel in Go.
- huggingface/datasets (Python): 🤗 The largest hub of ready-to-use datasets for ML models with fast, easy-to-use and efficient data manipulation tools
- helix-editor/helix (Rust): A post-modern modal text editor.
- files-community/Files (C#): A modern file manager that pushes the boundaries of the platform.
- PowerShell/PowerShell (C#): PowerShell for every system!
- dotnet/roslyn (C#): The Roslyn .NET compiler provides C# and Visual Basic languages with rich code analysis APIs.
- remix-run/react-router (TypeScript): Declarative routing for React
- CSSEGISandData/COVID-19 : Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Cases, provided by JHU CSSE
- sberbank-ai/ru-dalle (Jupyter Notebook): Generate images from texts. In Russian
- TandoorRecipes/recipes (HTML): Application for managing recipes, planning meals, building shopping lists and much much more!
- laravel/framework (PHP): The Laravel Framework.
- flutter/flutter (Dart): Flutter makes it easy and fast to build beautiful apps for mobile and beyond
- v2fly/v2ray-core (Go): A platform for building proxies to bypass network restrictions.
Our Article Picks
- Tapajyoti Bose: 5 Tips to Take your Website Lighthouse Score from Meh to WOW!
- Gracie Gregory (she/her): Join Us for the 2021 GitHub Actions Hackathon on DEV!
- Štěpán Granát: React doesn't need state management tool, I said
- Karthikeyan: Resources to practice web development
- Mark Vassilevskiy: 9 VSCode Extensions You Definitely Need As A Developer
- Shuvo: Lets create a Drawing APP with JS
- Vic Shóstak: 🎊 You don't need SVG! Creating animated loaders for content with Tailwind CSS
- Mustapha Aouas: Responsive images for better performance: Start using srcset and picture
- Rob OLeary: VS Code: You don't need that extension part 2
- Vineeth.TR: CSS Loader / Spinners collection
- Philip London: Understanding Generics in TypeScript
- Vadim Kolobanov: 5 Python Tricks in one line. Beginner vs Professional
- Divyesh Kamalanaban: Making a simple CSS timeline for beginners!
- Dotnetsafer: RIP Copy and Paste from Stackoverflow! 🚨 (+Trojan Source Solution)
- Muthu Annamalai Venkatachalam: Top 10 Youtube Channels To Learn Web Development
- Davor Tvorić: How to work as a solo frontend developer
- CodeOz: 6 Repos github you should mark as web developper!
- Mark Vassilevskiy: 6 Ways To Make Money With Your Code
- Fredrick Emmanuel: How to Build a Realtime Group Chat Application with React and Socket.io
- Pedro Figueiredo: A Cheat Sheet for CSS units
- Nomadev💻🔱: Top 5 Paid Open Source Programs for Student Developers
- Khushboo Chaturvedi: Frosted Glass Effect in CSS
- ·ſ: Clever CSS for responsive design
- Anjan Shomooder: Add a glass effect with HTML and CSS
- Faruq: How to connect Django to ReactJs
- Saleh Mubashar: useRef or useState, which is better?
- Mikhail Karan: The Front-End Developer Roadmap (Revisited)
- Chris Bongers: Removing a .env file from Git history
- SnowBit: Flexbox & Properties - Explained
- Rizel Scarlett: GitHub Actions: Build Your First Workflow
- Mark Mead: How to Write Better Tailwind CSS Containers
- Marko Stanimirović: NgRx Tips I Needed in the Beginning
- Faruq: Building a REST API with Django REST Framework
- Prosper Otemuyiwa: How to Learn React API & Concepts with Sourcegraph Code Search
- Tom Lienard: An introduction to atomic state management libraries in React
- Timo: Do not put skill bars on your resume!
- Aimen Zairi: Do this before your next programming project
- Muhammad Ahmad: Functional Programming in JS: 0x07 - Advanced Topics and Pitfalls
- Olubisi Idris Ayinde💡: How to Build a Wallet System with Flutterwave Payment Integration Into NodeJs Application
- ronyfr3: Web-push Notification using React and Node js
- Alex Omeyer: Code Review: A Comprehensive Checklist
- Chris Bongers: Git basics: Branches and strategies
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄