TLWI Dev #71
Welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter, where we've gathered a plethora of exciting tech links to rev up your inner tech geek!
First, for all you aspiring senior developers, we've got some tips to help you elevate your game to the next level. Check out this How To Become A Senior Developer In 3 Simple Steps article, which gives you practical advice on how to become a better programmer and advance in your career.
Next up, we've got a fascinating piece on Hexagonal Architecture, the emerging software design methodology that's been gaining popularity recently. This Hexagonal Architecture article walks you through how it works, its benefits, and how to implement it in your own programming projects.
Are you ready for some fun? We've got an awesome TicTacToe solution that's going to blow your mind! This Most Magic TicTacToe solution with React and TS article dives into advanced programming techniques, showing you how to create a super-cool TicTacToe game that puts all other versions to shame.
Switching gears, we're excited to share with you the Chinese language version of "Hands-On Machine Learning," which has become a go-to resource for students around the world. This 《动手学深度学习》：面向中文读者、能运行、可讨论。中英文版被全球 200 所大学采用教学。 comprehensive guide includes detailed explanations and hands-on workshops that make it perfect for both beginners and seasoned professionals.
Lastly, we've got some exciting news for Neovim enthusiasts. The popular code editor now has a new plugin that integrates with GitHub Copilot, the AI-powered coding tool from GitHub. Check out this Neovim plugin for GitHub Copilot article to learn more about how it works and how you can use it to become a more productive programmer.
That's it for this week's newsletter. We hope you enjoy reading about these exciting tech links, and don't forget to share with us what you're working on!
Our Repo Picks
- OpenIMSDK/Open-IM-Server (Go): OpenIM：由前微信技术专家打造的基于 Go 实现的即时通讯（IM）项目，从服务端到客户端 SDK 开源即时通讯（IM）整体解决方案，可以轻松替代第三方 IM 云服务，打造具备聊天、社交功能的 app。
- d2l-ai/d2l-zh (Python): 《动手学深度学习》：面向中文读者、能运行、可讨论。中英文版被全球 200 所大学采用教学。
- microsoft/Data-Science-For-Beginners (Jupyter Notebook): 10 Weeks, 20 Lessons, Data Science for All!
- github/copilot.vim (Vim script): Neovim plugin for GitHub Copilot
- github/copilot-docs (Python): Documentation for GitHub Copilot
- questdb/questdb (Java): An open source SQL database designed to process time series data, faster
- darglein/ADOP (C++): undefined
- microsoft/PowerToys (C#): Windows system utilities to maximize productivity
- iterativv/NostalgiaForInfinity (Python): Trading strategy for the Freqtrade crypto bot
- ant-design/ant-design (TypeScript): An enterprise-class UI design language and React UI library
- taichi-dev/taichi (C++): Parallel programming for everyone.
- tokio-rs/axum (Rust): Ergonomic and modular web framework built with Tokio, Tower, and Hyper
- devMEremenko/XcodeBenchmark (Swift): XcodeBenchmark measures the compilation time of a large codebase on iMac, MacBook, and Mac Pro
- freqtrade/freqtrade (Python): Free, open source crypto trading bot
- microsoft/ML-For-Beginners (Jupyter Notebook): 12 weeks, 26 lessons, 52 quizzes, classic Machine Learning for all
- schollz/croc (Go): Easily and securely send things from one computer to another 🐊 📦
- apple/swift-markdown (Swift): A Swift package for parsing, building, editing, and analyzing Markdown documents.
- soimort/you-get (Python): ⏬ Dumb downloader that scrapes the web
- CorentinJ/Real-Time-Voice-Cloning (Python): Clone a voice in 5 seconds to generate arbitrary speech in real-time
- microsoft/cascadia-code (Python): This is a fun, new monospaced font that includes programming ligatures and is designed to enhance the modern look and feel of the Windows Terminal.
Our Article Picks
- Rizel Scarlett: How to Create the Perfect README for Your Open Source Project
- Francisco Mendes: Create a Responsive Navbar using React and Tailwind
- Abdullah Alhariri: The Secrets behind highly effective programmers
- Alex Omeyer: 10 VS Code Extensions to Fight Technical Debt
- CodeBucks: 🔥Build a Stunning Portfolio website with React JS
- Shahed Nasser: Get started with Medusa: the open-source alternative to Shopify
- CodeOz: Enhance your JS Skill by using the correct array method
- Nilanth: Don't Optimize Your React App, Use Preact Instead
- Nilanth: React Architecture for Enterprise Application
- Fábio M Jr: How a single JSON file could become your entire code base
- liu-jin-yi: 🔥 🔥 🔥 Do you know all these means to avoid repeated rendering of React components?
- Matti Bar-Zeev: Creating a React component with TDD
- Adam Nagy: React interview questions answered and explained #1
- Cathal Mac Donnacha 🚀: Tips for developers switching from Windows to Mac
- InHuOfficial: 🎃🦇 HTMLoween 🦇🎃 - HTML, JS and CSS to make your blood boil! 😱
- Tabassum Khanum: Server-Side Rendering (SSR) Vs Client-Side Rendering (CSR)
- Saleh Mubashar: Different Ways to add CSS in React JS
- Savio Martin: Free Certification Courses for Developers 🔥
- InHuOfficial: Do you own a domain name without a purpose? Let me give you a project for it!
- Dragos Nedelcu: How To Become A Senior Developer In 3 Simple Steps
- Kyle Prinsloo: How to Promote Yourself as a Freelance Web Designer on Social Media
- Don Juan Javier: You (probably) don't need that useState + useEffect
- Davide de Paolis: Daily Standup Meetings are useless
- Abhinav Pandey: Hexagonal Architecture
- Jose Angel Munoz: Creating a blockchain in 60 lines of Python
- Cameron McHenry: How To Do Anything in TypeScript With Type Guards
- Altamash Ali: Deep dive into Node.js Architecture
- Seun Taiwo: GraphQL in React
- Deepu K Sasidharan: My sleek and modern Linux development machine in 2021
- Iain Freestone: 🚀10 Trending projects on GitHub for web developers - 5th November 2021
- Damian Demasi: How I’ve got a web development job one week after publishing my portfolio
- Pedro Figueiredo: Jest testing without the noise
- Temani Afif: 31 single DIV illustration — the DIVtober collection
- Christian Heilmann: Developer Tools secrets that shouldn't be secrets
- Mr. Unity Buddy: 7 Ways To Improve Your Logic In Programming
- Ali Spittel: What is the Cloud?
- Roopali Singh: How to start with stripe
- ChiaraLyn: Particle.Js (and now tsParticle.js), a funny way to use canvas!
- The Nerdy Dev: Best CSS Frameworks in 2021
- Eric The Coder: NodeJS + Express part 5: Routes and Controllers
- Code_Jedi: Let's build a stock price CLI with Python
- Victor Loveday: 3 Soft Skills To Succeed as a Developer
- Rammina: What are the things that scare you as a Developer? 🎃
- Lasha Kakabadze: Free Next.js Portfolio Template
- Liyas Thomas: Create Teams for Collaboration in Hoppscotch
- Shuvo: Can you solve this interview problem?
- Sandeep Balachandran: ⭐Angular 13 Features ⭐
- Damian Demasi: GitHub Copilot blew my mind on a code-along exercise
- Kirk Shillingford: A Most Magic TicTacToe solution with React and TS
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄