TLWI Dev #69
Welcome to this week's newsletter, packed with exciting tech news and tips to level up your skills! We're diving deep into the world of Docker with 7 GitHub projects to supercharge your Docker practices. From automating your development workflow, to creating test environments, these projects are sure to wow you and help you become a Docker wizard in no time!
Next up, if you're keen to create your own portfolio website, you won't want to miss How I created my portfolio with Nextjs and PlainCSS! Discover how a talented developer built a stunning and functional portfolio using these key technologies. You'll learn plenty of tips and tricks along the way!
If you're more of a visual learner, then this piece on CSS Layouts: History, from Float to Flexbox and Grid might be more your speed. Delve into the origins and evolution of CSS layouts, and learn how to use the latest techniques to create stunning web pages.
Finally, we're taking a look at the world of 3D graphics with An introduction to Three.js. From creating 3D models to animating them with collision detection, this powerful library is a must-know for anyone interested in the world of 3D graphics.
So there you have it, folks. A smorgasbord of tech delights to tickle your fancy and level up your skills. Enjoy!
Our Repo Picks
- ddosify/ddosify (Go): High-performance load testing tool, written in Golang.
- AveYo/MediaCreationTool.bat (Batchfile): Universal MCT wrapper script for all Windows 10/11 versions from 1507 to 21H2!
- k4zmu2a/SpaceCadetPinball (C++): Decompilation of 3D Pinball for Windows – Space Cadet
- nuxt/framework (TypeScript): The Hybrid Vue(3) Framework.
- cloudreve/Cloudreve (Go): 🌩 支持多家云存储的云盘系统 (Self-deployed file management and sharing system, supports multiple storage providers)
- deepfakes/faceswap (Python): Deepfakes Software For All
- qiurunze123/miaosha (Java): ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 秒杀系统设计与实现.互联网工程师进阶与分析 🙋🐓
- apache/apisix (Lua): The Cloud-Native API Gateway
- CoinAlpha/hummingbot (Python): Hummingbot: a client for crypto market making
- ytdl-org/youtube-dl (Python): Command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and other video sites
- yt-dlp/yt-dlp (Python): A youtube-dl fork with additional features and fixes
- logseq/logseq (Clojure): A privacy-first, open-source platform for knowledge management and collaboration. Desktop app download link: https://github.com/logseq/logseq/releases, roadmap: https://trello.com/b/8txSM12G/roadmap
- apple/swift-markdown (Swift): A Swift package for parsing, building, editing, and analyzing Markdown documents.
- PanJiaChen/vue-element-admin (Vue): 🎉 A magical vue admin https://panjiachen.github.io/vue-element-admin
- ossu/computer-science : 🎓 Path to a free self-taught education in Computer Science!
- apple/swift-docc (Swift): Documentation compiler that produces rich API reference documentation and interactive tutorials for your Swift framework or package.
- google/jax (Python): Composable transformations of Python+NumPy programs: differentiate, vectorize, JIT to GPU/TPU, and more
- mattermost/mattermost-server (Go): Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle.
- protocolbuffers/protobuf (C++): Protocol Buffers - Google's data interchange format
- rwightman/pytorch-image-models (Python): PyTorch image models, scripts, pretrained weights -- ResNet, ResNeXT, EfficientNet, EfficientNetV2, NFNet, Vision Transformer, MixNet, MobileNet-V3/V2, RegNet, DPN, CSPNet, and more
- TheAlgorithms/Python (Python): All Algorithms implemented in Python
Our Article Picks
- Mangabo Kolawole: Build an API using Node, Express, MongoDB, and Docker
- Tarun Sharma: How I created and deployed another full stack app in just 3 days
- Shuvo: Lets create a screen recorder with JS
- Adam Nagy: Master CSS positioning in 5 minutes
- Olubisi Idris Ayinde💡: How to Build a Music Streaming App with React using Auth0 and Cloudinary
- Pramit Marattha: 51 git commands that you'll ever need to get started with Git 🔥
- Shuvo: How fast is your code?
- Nehal Mahida: Async/Await with easy to understand examples.
- Kingsley Ubah: How React Works Under The Hood
- Francisco Mendes: How to Pass Components as Props in React
- Ankit Anand ✨: 7 GitHub projects to supercharge your Docker practices 🚀🧑💻
- Pawanupadhyay10: Data-structure & Algorithm
- Austin Shelby: You are reading environment variables the wrong way in Next.js
- Sagar Barapatre: How to Turn Google Sheets into a REST API and Use it with a React Application
- Shantanu Jana: Circular Progress Bar using HTML and CSS
- Lucca Dumas: BUILDING A FULL API with NodeJS + Strapi in 5 minutes or less (amazing!)
- Santosh Arron: An introduction to Three.js
- Shuvo: Simplest way to compare two numbers array in JS
- Shuvo: 10 YouTube channel you need to subscribe.
- Alex Sidorenko: A Visual Guide to React Rendering - Cheat Sheet
- KaRthick: Common React performance mistakes 💣
- Hiep Le: How to Build an Uber Clone App with React
- Creative Tim: How to create a fancy Github profile with README?
- Randeep Rana: How I created my portfolio with Nextjs and PlainCSS!
- Mohammad Abdul Alim: React with Typescript
- Malte Riechmann: Common mistakes when writing CSS with BEM
- Matti Bar-Zeev: Testing a simple component with React Testing Library
- Dalibor Kundrat: Web App Security, Understanding the Meaning of the BFF Pattern
- Gabriel Pinheiro: Create dummy APIs for faster prototyping 👨💻⚡
- Muthu Annamalai Venkatachalam: Learn programming by playing games
- Mahmoud Hassan: Functional Programming with JS
- scottshipp: An amazing note-taking system with Markdown and Git, Part 2
- Nick Taylor (he/him): I built my first dApp!
- Bobby Iliev: The Only Bash Scripting Cheat Sheet That You Will Ever Need
- Abhiraj Bhowmick: 7 CSS tips you need to know right now.
- Sm0ke: React User Authentication - Using JWT (Json Web Tokens)
- Code_Jedi: The Full-Stack Developer Vocabulary (Pt.1, the essentials)
- Diana Le: CSS Layouts: History from Float to Flexbox and Grid
- dux: Webpack para torpes 🧐
- JS Bits with Bill: 3 Uncommon but useful HTML elements
- Nehal Mahida: How not to update states in React!!
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄