TLWI Dev #65
Welcome to this week's newsletter! 🎉 It's filled with exciting links that will make your tech-loving heart skip a beat. I can't wait to share these awesome finds with you.
First up, our very own content writer has surprised us with something epic! 🔥I wrote a fully-functioning File Explorer, using TypeScript! Who knew we had such a talented developer in our team? This is a must-read if you're into file management and TypeScript, or if you're simply in awe of cool personal projects.
If you work with web apps, you've probably had to deal with the pains of setting up Single Sign-On (SSO). But have no fear! The Single Sign-On Multi-Factor portal for web apps is here to save the day. This resource will guide you through the process of setting up SSO for your web apps, and it even covers how to enable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to keep your user data even more secure.
Are you a sound wizard looking for a new toy? Look no further! 🎧 Software modular synth is a fascinating tool that allows you to create modular synthesizers and audio devices. This is a must-visit link for anyone interested in creating music or tinkering with audio.
Load balancing is a vital part of any web infrastructure, especially if you're serving content to large audiences. But if you're not quite sure what load balancing is or how to implement it, fret not! Load Balancer - 101 is a beginner-friendly guide that explains everything you need to know about load balancing.
Lastly, Why do Webdevs keep trying to kill REST? is a thought-provoking article that explores the reasons why developers are moving away from RESTful architectures. It's a great read for anyone interested in web development or RESTful APIs.
That's all for now, folks! Be sure to check out these links and let us know what you think. Tune in next week for more geeky goodness. 😎
Our Repo Picks
- authelia/authelia (Go): The Single Sign-On Multi-Factor portal for web apps
- bregman-arie/devops-exercises (Python): Linux, Jenkins, AWS, SRE, Prometheus, Docker, Python, Ansible, Git, Kubernetes, Terraform, OpenStack, SQL, NoSQL, Azure, GCP, DNS, Elastic, Network, Virtualization. DevOps Interview Questions
- TheAlgorithms/C (C): Collection of various algorithms in mathematics, machine learning, computer science, physics, etc implemented in C for educational purposes.
- calendso/calendso (TypeScript): Scheduling infrastructure for absolutely everyone.
- willmcgugan/rich (Python): Rich is a Python library for rich text and beautiful formatting in the terminal.
- openkraken/kraken (TypeScript): A high-performance, web standards-compliant rendering engine based on Flutter.
- public-apis/public-apis (Python): A collective list of free APIs
- academind/react-complete-guide-code : Code snapshots and materials for our "React - The Complete Guide" course (https://acad.link/reactjs)
- sindresorhus/awesome : 😎 Awesome lists about all kinds of interesting topics
- BespokeSynth/BespokeSynth (C++): Software modular synth
- snowpackjs/astro (TypeScript): 🚀🧑🚀 Keep your eyes to the skies, astronauts!
- darkreader/darkreader (TypeScript): Dark Reader Chrome and Firefox extension
- flutter/flutter (Dart): Flutter makes it easy and fast to build beautiful apps for mobile and beyond.
- angular/angular-cli (TypeScript): CLI tool for Angular
- python-poetry/poetry (Python): Python dependency management and packaging made easy.
- hashicorp/nomad (Go): Nomad is an easy-to-use, flexible, and performant workload orchestrator that can deploy a mix of microservice, batch, containerized, and non-containerized applications. Nomad is easy to operate and scale and has native Consul and Vault integrations.
- pittcsc/Summer2022-Internships (Python): Collection of Summer 2022 tech internships!
- Python-World/python-mini-projects (Python): A collection of simple python mini projects to enhance your python skills
Our Article Picks
- Mariana Simon: 7 useful HTML attributes you may not know
- npm run dev: Progressing from a beginner to intermediate developer
- Tyler Hawkins: Software Engineering is a Loser’s Game
- Sanjeev Sharma: Just Redux: The Complete Guide
- Shreyas Pahune: Make your own API under 30 lines of code
- vansh bhardwaj: 7 UI Design Fundamentals for Developers
- Mangabo Kolawole: Deploy a React App on AWS Lightsail: Testing, Docker, Docker Compose, Nginx & Github Actions
- CodeOz: Improve your JS skills with those tips #2
- Adam Bradley: Introducing Partytown 🎉: Run Third-Party Scripts From a Web Worker
- Tapajyoti Bose: Next-Gen Way to Connect Redux Store to React Component
- swyx: Why do Webdevs keep trying to kill REST?
- Insidious: Great VSCode extensions for JS Developers
- themeselection: Ultimate ReactJS Resources 🛠For Web Developers 2021👨💻
- o1lab: How my open source project got angel investment from an user itself!
- Jorge Castro: I regret using PHP
- Stefi Rosca: ✨ 7 Tips & tricks to make your console.log() output stand out
- Pierre Ouannes: How to use React useReducer hook like a pro
- InHuOfficial: Rate my SVG art! [Compared to CSS art]
- Uzair: Load Balancer - 101
- Prashant Yadav: The frontend Landscape – Different Architectures
- Suhail Kakar: Top Free React Dashboards to Use for Your Next Project
- Iain Freestone: 🚀10 Trending projects on GitHub for web developers - 24th September 2021
- Nader Dabit: 10 Minute Tutorial - Full Stack GitHub Authentication with Supabase & React
- Modern Web: How to make e commerce website with HTML, CSS and JS part 2
- Nitin Ranganath: I built a social network for developers to showcase their projects
- Saji Wang: Should I use SQLite, PostgreSQL, or MySQL?
- wolz-CODElife: How to Build a Music Playlist with React, Spotify, and Fauna
- Clément Gaudinière: Create a QR code generator
- Keerthi: Create react app vs Vite
- Abhiraj Bhowmick: 5 design tips every web dev should follow
- Justin Maximillian Kimlim: I wrote a fully-functioning File Explorer, using TypeScript.
- Zernonia: I Design, You Build! - Frontend Challenge #1
- Benjamin Delespierre: Hacking Laravel to achieve modularity
- Rohith Gilla: Automate your personal CRM with Notion and Kelvin Data
- Rubén Rubio: PHP libraries and tools
- Sodiq_dev: Building a User Login System with Express js and Fauna
- Christopher Glikpo: Becoming a Better Software Developer: A Beginner's Guide
- Temani Afif: Rate my first CSS drawing
- Shreya Purohit: ES6 Handbook: Everything You Need to Know
- Abhiraj Bhowmick: The Ultimate Python Cheatsheet
- alexxjordan: 10 Java Developer Skills that are in High Demand
- Yogesh Chavan: Most Useful Visual Studio Code Shortcuts To Improve Your Productivity
Trending This Week On Hacker News
- Disclosure of three 0-day iOS vulnerabilities: https://habr.com/en/post/579714/
- Do not leave XPS laptop in any sleep/hibernate/standby mode when placed in a bag: https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/FAQ-Modern-Standby/td-p/7514448
- Google keeps records of everything you buy, even if you delete the email receipt: https://mastodon.social/@gerowen/106978308085702358
- Leaked grant proposal details high-risk coronavirus research: https://theintercept.com/2021/09/23/coronavirus-research-grant-darpa/
- Submarine cable map rendered onto a globe: https://globe.gl/example/submarine-cables/
- Facebook paid billions to spare Zuckerberg in data suit, shareholders allege: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/21/facebook-paid-billions-extra-to-the-ftc-to-spare-zuckerberg-in-data-suit-shareholders-allege-513456
- Nginx Playground: https://jvns.ca/blog/2021/09/24/new-tool--an-nginx-playground/
- The NSA and CIA use ad blockers: https://www.vice.com/en/article/93ypke/the-nsa-and-cia-use-ad-blockers-because-online-advertising-is-so-dangerous
- Ask HN: Are you also getting extremely obvious spam bypassing Gmail's filters?: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=28635313
- Apple's Power Move to Kneecap Facebook Advertising Is Working: https://bigtechnology.substack.com/p/completely-running-blind-apples-power
- Many believe it's time to do away with lawmakers making stock trades: https://www.npr.org/2021/09/22/1039565467/many-believe-its-time-to-do-away-with-lawmakers-making-stock-trades
- Slacktyping: I'm typing when you're typing (2018): https://github.com/will/slacktyping
- A single person answered 76k questions about SQL on StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/search?q=user%3A1144035+%5Bsql%5D+is%3Aanswer
- Reactive Clojure: A web language: https://hyperfiddle.notion.site/hyperfiddle/Reactive-Clojure-You-don-t-need-a-web-framework-you-need-a-web-language-44b5bfa526be4af282863f34fa1cfffc
- Apple Will Not Reinstate Epic’s Fortnite Developer Account: https://daringfireball.net/2021/09/epic_apple_developer_accounts
- Samoa Scraps Daylight Saving Time: https://www.timeanddate.com/news/time/samoa-removes-dst.html
- Cryptocurrency is something people tell lies about in hopes of getting richer: https://defector.com/cryptocurrency-bad-and-weird/
- Serbia surveillance law urgently withdrawn: https://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics.php?yyyy=2021&mm=09&dd=23&nav_id=111798
- The most impressive linguistic feat I’ve ever seen: https://twitter.com/mattgemmell/status/1441497498573545478
- No, we won’t have a video call for that: https://xahteiwi.eu/resources/presentations/no-we-wont-have-a-video-call-for-that/
- Using two keyboards at once for pain relief: https://symboliclogic.io/years-of-pain-solved-by-really-obvious-keyboard-tweak/
- 200k-year-old hand art found near a Tibetan hot spring: https://gizmodo.com/200-000-year-old-hand-art-found-near-a-tibetan-hot-spri-1847682046
- Authenticated Boot and Disk Encryption on Linux: http://0pointer.net/blog/authenticated-boot-and-disk-encryption-on-linux.html
- A monk in 14th-century Italy wrote about the Americas: https://www.economist.com/the-americas/2021/09/25/a-monk-in-14th-century-italy-wrote-about-the-americas
- Epic launches anti-cheat support for Linux, Mac, and Steam Deck: https://dev.epicgames.com/en-US/news/epic-online-services-launches-anti-cheat-support-for-linux-mac-and-steam-deck
- EU plans to force OEMs to use a common charger for all phones: https://www.xda-developers.com/eu-plans-common-phone-charger/
- AMD’s Lisa Su: https://spectrum.ieee.org/amds-lisa-su-breaks-through-the-silicon-ceiling
- TSA’s “See cash, seize cash” policy: https://twitter.com/jodybarr/status/1440856486280785922
- Engineers are developing new ways to convert greenhouse gases to fuel: https://www.uc.edu/news/articles/2021/09/uc-reactor-converts-carbon-dioxide-to-fuel-to-address-climate-change.html
- China declares cryptocurrency deals ‘illegal’: https://dailybusinessgroup.co.uk/2021/09/bitcoin-falls-as-china-declares-crypto-illegal/
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄