TLWI Developer Weekly #56
Welcome to this week's newsletter, where we bring you the best of technology and innovation! We've scoured the internet to bring you some of the most exciting stories and developments from across the globe. So, let's get started!
First up, we've got an exciting link for all you Vue lovers out there. 25 Vue Tips You Need to Know is a must-read for anyone looking to improve their Vue skills. This comprehensive guide covers everything from debugging and testing to performance optimization and reactive programming. So, whether you're a seasoned pro or a newbie, there are plenty of practical tips and tricks to help you take your Vue game to the next level.
Next, for all our Java developers, we've got something that's sure to make your day! 这可能是史上功能最全的 Java 权限认证框架！目前已集成——登录认证、权限认证、分布式 Session 会话、微服务网关鉴权、单点登录、OAuth2.0、踢人下线、Redis 集成、前后台分离、记住我模式、模拟他人账号、临时身份切换、账号封禁、多账号认证体系、注解式鉴权、路由拦截式鉴权、花式 token 生成、自动续签、同端互斥登录、会话治理、密码加密、jwt 集成、Spring 集成、WebFlux 集成.... That's quite a mouthful, but trust us, it's worth it! This powerful Java authentication framework is packed with a whopping 21 different features, including login and permission authentication, single sign-on, token generation, and much more. If you're looking for a comprehensive solution for your Java projects, then look no further!
Are you ready to dive into the world of IoT? Then you won't want to miss 12 Weeks, 24 Lessons, IoT for All!. This free online course is designed to give you a complete overview of the Internet of Things, covering everything from sensors and devices to data analytics and cloud computing. With 24 practical lessons spread over 12 weeks, you'll get hands-on experience with some of the latest IoT technologies and see how they can be applied to real-world problems. Don't miss out on this opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge in this exciting field.
If you're a React developer, then you know how important it is to optimize and speed up your apps during development. That's why we've included 5 Packages to Optimize and Speed Up Your React App During Development in this week's newsletter. This helpful guide provides a roundup of some of the best React tools and packages to help you streamline your workflow, improve performance, and minimize errors. From debugging and testing to styling and code splitting, there's something here for everyone.
Last but not least, we have something for all you Windows users out there. The new Windows Terminal and the original Windows console host, all in the same place! is an exciting update from Microsoft that brings together the best of both worlds. This new terminal app combines the features of the original Windows console host with a modern, customizable interface that lets you work smarter and faster. Whether you're a command-line guru or a casual user, you'll appreciate the power and versatility of this new tool. Check it out today!
Our Repo Picks
- RosettaCommons/RoseTTAFold (Python): This package contains deep learning models and related scripts for RoseTTAFold
- cloudwego/kitex (Go): undefined
- microsoft/CBL-Mariner (Go): Linux OS for Azure 1P services and edge appliances
- dromara/Sa-Token (Java): 这可能是史上功能最全的 Java 权限认证框架！目前已集成——登录认证、权限认证、分布式 Session 会话、微服务网关鉴权、单点登录、OAuth2.0、踢人下线、Redis 集成、前后台分离、记住我模式、模拟他人账号、临时身份切换、账号封禁、多账号认证体系、注解式鉴权、路由拦截式鉴权、花式 token 生成、自动续签、同端互斥登录、会话治理、密码加密、jwt 集成、Spring 集成、WebFlux 集成...
- ventoy/Ventoy (C): A new bootable USB solution.
- tinode/chat (Go): Instant messaging platform. Backend in Go. Clients: Swift iOS, Java Android, JS webapp, scriptable command line; chatbots
- Sangwan5688/BlackHole (Dart): A Music Player App made with Flutter
- mwenge/defender (Makefile): Defender(1981) by Eugene Jarvis and Sam Dicker
- facebook/folly (C++): An open-source C++ library developed and used at Facebook.
- smicallef/spiderfoot (Python): SpiderFoot automates OSINT so you can focus on analysis.
- public-apis/public-apis (Python): A collective list of free APIs
- microsoft/IoT-For-Beginners (C++): 12 Weeks, 24 Lessons, IoT for All!
- chefyuan/algorithm-base (Java): 专门为刚开始刷题的同学准备的算法基地，没有最细只有更细，立志用动画将晦涩难懂的算法说的通俗易懂！
- flameshot-org/flameshot (C++): Powerful yet simple to use screenshot software 🖥️ 📸
- sogou/workflow (C++): C++ Parallel Computing and Asynchronous Networking Engine
- microsoft/terminal (C++): The new Windows Terminal and the original Windows console host, all in the same place!
- avelino/awesome-go (Go): A curated list of awesome Go frameworks, libraries and software
- phoenixframework/phoenix (Elixir): Peace of mind from prototype to production
- xxlllq/system_architect (HTML): 💯 高质量、最全面、完全免费的系统架构设计师（软考高级）备考资源库。QQ 群：系统架构设计师（④ 群：910582038），系统分析师（② 群：699260558），信息系统项目管理师（217144315），纯备考群，非培训群。
- Light-City/CPlusPlusThings (C++): C++那些事
- envoyproxy/envoy (C++): Cloud-native high-performance edge/middle/service proxy
Our Article Picks
- Samuel FAURE: How to learn Git slowly.
- Paulo Santos: Journey of a web page 🛣️ - How browsers work
- Matvey Romanov: 6 useful frontend techniques that you may not know about
- Insha: The Ultimate Cheat sheet List For Web Developers
- Neha Soni: Top 10 Useful GitHub Repos for Self-Development
- Michael Thiessen: 25 Vue Tips You Need to Know
- Ben Halpern: Forem Self-Host is Now Officially Supported
- enoch ndika: I created 8 free dashboard templates built with Tailwind for React, Next, Vue and Nuxt.
- o1lab: NocoDB : The Open Source Airtable Alternative
- Nilanth: 5 Packages to Optimize and Speed Up Your React App During Development
- Temani Afif: A CSS-only reaction component using emoji
- Alex Barashkov: How to hide Feature A and show Feature B for different users in React
- Adrian Twarog: Programmers That Don't Blog Should Start Right Now
- Natalia Venditto: From developer to (solutions) architect. A simple guide.
- Hiep Le: Learn React & Redux By Building Netflix
- Thomas(Tripp) White: Passing Data Between React Components
- Matt Angelosanto: Optimize Node.js performance with clustering
- Iain Freestone: 🚀10 Trending projects on GitHub for web developers - 23rd July 2021
- Mohit Tanwani⚡: CSS + BEM Methodology = 🤘
- Stas Melnikov: The techniques to help simplify CSS
- Code_Jedi: 5 GitHub Projects Essential For Every Beginner Python Developer
- Nazeeh Vahora: Integrate your React App with Smart Contracts
- Alex Omeyer: Top 6 VS Code Extensions to Organise Your Code
- Piyush Suthar: Windows 11, but for Web
- Daniel Polito: Running NestJS on Docker is Really Easy with Kool
- Tapajyoti Bose: GitHub Copilot: My experience after one week usage
- Karan Pratap Singh: Vite is too fast!
- DHANUSH N: React source code visible 😲
- Ryan Carniato: 3 Lessons from React that can make you a better Svelte Developer
- Aya Bouchiha: Part-2: 5 HTML Tags That Almost Nobody Knows
- Jaskaran Singh: 'N' and 'E' of MERN - Basics of Node.js and Express.js
- Modern Web: CSS before and After element : Everything you need to know about css pseudo element
- Mwenda Harun Mbaabu: Python 101! Introduction to Python
- Jordan Brennan: Fault tolerance on the web
- Modern Web: Quick CSS trick : Make gradient Text Stroke.
- Aya Bouchiha: All JS String Methods In One Post!
- codinglists-dev: 9 Cool ways to make money as Developer
- Shaan Alam: I Recreated my VSCode Theme 🔥
- Sm0ke: FullStack React - Code Examples to start fast
- Salah Eddine Lalami: Mern App ( Node.js / React / Redux / Ant Design ) Crud & Auth
- Theodorus Clarence: Back To Basic: Mental Model to Understand Flexbox
- Tamerlan Gudabayev: Design Patterns: Prototype
- Saji Wang: Getting Started with Jamstack
- Muthu Annamalai Venkatachalam: Basics of HTML and Everything you Need to Know about it
Trending This Week On Hacker News
- The Framework Laptop is now shipping: https://frame.work/blog/the-framework-laptop-is-now-shipping-and-press-reviews
- AWS's Egregious Egress: https://blog.cloudflare.com/aws-egregious-egress/
- BirdNet – Identify Birds by Sound: https://birdnet.cornell.edu
- The FTC Votes Unanimously to Enforce Right to Repair: https://www.wired.com/story/ftc-votes-to-enforce-right-to-repair/
- Migrating Facebook to MySQL 8.0: https://engineering.fb.com/2021/07/22/data-infrastructure/mysql/
- Starlink review, four months in: https://www.jeffgeerling.com/blog/2021/spacexs-starlink-review-four-months
- Akamai Edge DNS was down: https://edgedns.status.akamai.com/
- Self hosting is important: https://dataswamp.org/~solene/2021-07-23-why-selfhosting-is-important.html
- Open-source alternatives to popular B2B tools: https://www.btw.so/open-source-alternatives
- A YouTube chat about chess got flagged for hate speech: https://www.wired.com/story/why-youtube-chat-chess-flagged-hate-speech/
- 93% of Paint Splatters Are Valid Perl Programs (2019): https://www.mcmillen.dev/sigbovik/
- Syncthing: Syncing All the Things: https://lwn.net/Articles/861978/
- California sues Activision Blizzard over unequal pay, sexual harassment: https://www.npr.org/2021/07/22/1019293032/activision-blizzard-lawsuit-unequal-pay-sexual-harassment-video-games
- The Tyranny of Spreadsheets: https://timharford.com/2021/07/the-tyranny-of-spreadsheets/
- How the Python import system works: https://tenthousandmeters.com/blog/python-behind-the-scenes-11-how-the-python-import-system-works/
- Intrinsic, a new Alphabet company: https://blog.x.company/introducing-intrinsic-1cf35b87651
- Airbnb raises violent crime rates in cities as residents are pushed out: https://www.euronews.com/next/2021/07/15/airbnb-raises-violent-crime-rates-in-cities-as-long-term-residents-are-pushed-out-says-us-
- Reflections as the Internet Archive turns 25: https://blog.archive.org/2021/07/21/reflections-as-the-internet-archive-turns-25/
- MicroK8s – Low-ops, minimal Kubernetes, for cloud, clusters, Edge and IoT: https://microk8s.io/
- Sci-Hub Twitter account suspended: https://twitter.com/Sci_Hub
- Mitchell Hashimoto takes on a new individual contributor role at HashiCorp: https://www.hashicorp.com/blog/mitchell-s-new-role-at-hashicorp
- PG&E will bury 10k miles of power lines so they don't spark wildfires: https://www.npr.org/2021/07/21/1019058925/utility-bury-power-lines-wildfires-california
- Electromagnetism is a property of spacetime itself, study finds: https://sciencex.com/news/2021-07-electromagnetism-property-spacetime.html
- We’d rather have the iceberg than the ship: https://www.granolashotgun.com/granolashotguncom/wed-rather-have-the-iceberg-than-the-ship
- A database with 3.8B phone numbers from Clubhouse is up for sale: https://twitter.com/mruef/status/1418693478574346242
- AlphaFold Protein Structure Database: https://alphafold.ebi.ac.uk/
- Schizophrenia linked to marijuana use disorder is on the rise, study finds: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/health/marijuana-schizophrenia-study-wellness/index.html
- Google broke a conditional statement that verifies passwords on Chrome OS: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/07/google-pushed-a-one-character-typo-to-production-bricking-chrome-os-devices/
- Why is the university of California dropping the SAT?: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/07/why-university-california-dropping-sat/619522/
- Hacker News in the Style of Teletext: https://glynnbird.github.io/teletext/
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄