📰 Welcome to this week's newsletter!
✨ We hope you're ready for some excitement because this week's newsletter is packed with all sorts of goodies. So without further ado, let's jump right in and see what's in store for you!
🌟 What was your win this week? Share it with us! We want to pat you on the back and give you a virtual high-five for all the awesome things you've accomplished. Whether you finally conquered that coding challenge or successfully launched your own side project, we want to hear about it and celebrate with you.
🖊️ Writing your first post on DEV✍️ can be a thrilling and nerve-wracking experience. But fear not, we've got your back! We've put together a comprehensive guide to help you navigate the process and make your first post a smashing success. So grab your favorite drink, settle into your writing nook, and let's get those creative juices flowing!
🚀 If you're a React enthusiast, boy oh boy, do we have a treat for you! Introducing the beautiful, fast, and modern React UI library that will make your development experience a breeze. Whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting your React journey, this library will have you churning out stunning, pixel-perfect interfaces in no time. So why wait? Check it out here and level up your React game!
🔧 Are you a software developer who wants to release features with confidence? We feel you! It can be daunting to push new code live, especially if you're worried about breaking something. That's why we've scoured the internet to bring you the best tips and tricks for releasing features with confidence. So put your worries aside and get ready to release those features like a pro! Learn more and start shipping with confidence.
🔒 Have you ever wondered how to scale PostgreSQL to handle a mind-boggling 1 million connections? Well, wonder no more because we've got the answer! Introducing Supavisor: Scaling Postgres to 1 Million Connections. If you're a database aficionado or just curious about the magical world of databases, this article is a must-read. So buckle up, grab your favorite database management tool, and prepare to be amazed. Read it here and get ready to enter the realm of extreme database scaling!
That's a wrap for this week's newsletter! We hope you enjoy exploring these exciting topics and find some valuable insights along the way. Remember to share your wins, write that killer post, level up your React skills, release features with confidence, and dive into the realm of extreme database scaling. Until next time, happy coding! ✨🚀✍️🔧🔒
Our Repo Picks
- microsoft/azurechatgpt (TypeScript): 🤖 Azure ChatGPT: Private & secure ChatGPT for internal enterprise use 💼
- QwenLM/Qwen-7B (Python): The official repo of Qwen-7B (通义千问-7B) chat & pretrained large language model proposed by Alibaba Cloud.
- geekan/MetaGPT (Python): 🌟 The Multi-Agent Framework: Given one line Requirement, return PRD, Design, Tasks, Repo
- facebookresearch/audiocraft (Python): Audiocraft is a library for audio processing and generation with deep learning. It features the state-of-the-art EnCodec audio compressor / tokenizer, along with MusicGen, a simple and controllable music generation LM with textual and melodic conditioning.
- nextui-org/nextui (TypeScript): 🚀 Beautiful, fast and modern React UI library.
- DioxusLabs/dioxus (Rust): Fullstack GUI library for desktop, web, mobile, and more.
- manticoresoftware/manticoresearch (C++): Easy to use open source fast database for search | Good alternative to Elasticsearch now | Drop-in replacement for E in the ELK soon
- sweepai/sweep (Python): Sweep is an AI junior developer
- Lissy93/web-check (TypeScript): 🌐 All-in-one OSINT tool for analysing any website
- OpenBMB/ToolBench (Python): An open platform for training, serving, and evaluating large language model for tool learning.
- vercel/commerce (TypeScript): Next.js Commerce
- ShishirPatil/gorilla (Python): Gorilla: An API store for LLMs
- home-assistant/core (Python): 🏡 Open source home automation that puts local control and privacy first.
- vim/vim (Vim Script): The official Vim repository
- ReVanced/revanced-manager (Dart): 💊 Application to use ReVanced on Android
- firstcontributions/first-contributions : 🚀✨ Help beginners to contribute to open source projects
- morph-labs/rift (Python): Rift: an AI-native language server for your personal AI software engineer
- srbhr/Resume-Matcher (Python): Open Source Free ATS Tool to compare Resumes with Job Descriptions and create a score to rank them.
- The-Run-Philosophy-Organization/run : 润学全球官方指定 GITHUB，整理润学宗旨、纲领、理论和各类润之实例；解决为什么润，润去哪里，怎么润三大问题； 并成为新中国人的核心宗教，核心信念。
- vlang/v (V): Simple, fast, safe, compiled language for developing maintainable software. Compiles itself in <1s with zero library dependencies. Supports automatic C => V translation. https://vlang.io
- base-org/node (Shell): Everything required to run your own Base node
- DataTalksClub/data-engineering-zoomcamp (Jupyter Notebook): Free Data Engineering course!
Our Article Picks
- Nevo David: ✨ 7 open-source libraries you must know in 2023 🪄✨
- Nevo David: 🪄✨Building a blog with a liking feature using React, Hanko and Novu 🔥
- Pradumna Saraf: Beautify Your Git Log with a Single Command
- vincanger: Build a real-time voting app with WebSockets, React & TypeScript 🔌⚡️
- Suraj Vishwakarma: Top 7 Things That Kill Developer Productivity
- Cherry Ramatis: Creating a Sinatra API with system-wide dependency injection using dry-system and rom-rb
- ashish: Creating an animated navbar inspired by Vercel using React (Next.js v13), Framer-Motion, and Tailwind CSS
- Daniel Bot: How we improved our Serverless API 300x
- Sergey Lysenko: The web is broken, and developers let it happen
- Felipe Mendes: Como configurar duas contas do GitHub no seu computador utilizando chaves SSH
- Jatin Sharma: Security in Code Reviews: Ensuring Secure and Robust Software Development
- Matheus 🇧🇷: Entendendo a Relação entre SQL, DML e DDL: Fundamentos de Banco de Dados
- Super: Underrated React Hook - useSyncExternalStore
- Karishma Shukla: How to Improve Performance of Your Database by Indexing Large Tables
- Pierre Bouillon: The Moq-gate: You Either Die a Hero...
- sk: The Web Has Threads? Building Super-Charged Parallel Web Applications.
- Timi: Use Type, not Interface in TypeScript
- Sloan the DEV Moderator: Writing your first post on DEV ✍️
- Nicolas Frankel: My final take on Gradle (vs. Maven)
- BekahHW: You Don’t Need a Mentor: Embracing the Power of Community
- Bobur Umurzokov: Monitor API Health Check with Prometheus
- Michelle Mannering: How to get more suggestions from GitHub Copilot
- Voltra: Web Environment Integrity: Google strikes again
- Brian Rinaldi: Lifting Off with Astro 🚀
- Yuri: Supabase Studio 3.0: AI SQL Editor, Schema Diagrams, and new Wrappers
- Yuri: Supabase Local Dev: migrations, branching, and observability
- Suraj Vishwakarma: What Challenges do you face in Writing Technical Articles?
- Bobby Iliev: How to Create a Sticky NavBar using Tailwind CSS
- Shai Almog: Is OpenJDK Just a Drop-In Replacement?
- Michael Tharrington: What was your win this week?
- Rizèl Scarlett: Building an AI-Powered, Decentralized App for Time Management
- Shrijal Acharya: 5 Best Practices when deploying a Docker Container🚀
- Conner Ow: I used Node.js to OCR "Meme Monday" threads
- Guille Ojeda: Understanding Architecture in AWS
- Brian Bethencourt: Top 7 Featured DEV Posts from the Past Week
- Ervin Szilagyi: Disallow GPT Bot from Scraping our Blog Posts
- Sergey Leschev: React Custom Hook: useArray
- Yuri: Supavisor: Scaling Postgres to 1 Million Connections
- Yuri: Hugging Face is now supported in Supabase
- Endgame: What does it feel like when you’re alone in a crowd?
- Livio Ribeiro: Why I prefer Rust over Go
- Sloan the DEV Moderator: Welcome Thread - v237
- Ben Halpern: How has AI changed your approach to development?
- Alexandru-Dan Pop: Releasing features with confidence as a software developer
- Super: Enhance your TypeScript with Type Guards
- Super: State Management with RxJS and React
- Ivan Novak: The Art and Science of Code Reviews
- Alex Hyett: What happened to the remote working dream?
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄