Hey there, awesome readers!
Welcome back to another edition of our weekly newsletter. We've got a bunch of exciting things to share with you today, so buckle up and get ready for a fun ride!
First up, we have a fantastic new tool that all designers and artists are sure to love. Say hello to this 2D raster & vector editor that brings together the best of traditional layers and tools with a modern, node-based, and fully non-destructive procedural workflow. It's like having the best of both worlds, all in one place. Trust me, you don't want to miss out on this!
Now, let's switch gears for a moment and talk about the joys of being a developer. We all know the feeling of diving deep into code and getting lost in the intricacies of software development. Well, one of our talented contributors shares their thoughts on the subject in an article titled "I miss being a code monkey (but guiding the troop has its own charm)". It's a delightful read that will surely bring back some fond memories and remind you of the unique charm that comes with being a "code monkey."
Next on the agenda, we have some exciting news from our beloved community, DEV. They have recently made some new additions to their Code of Conduct that are worth checking out. If you believe in fostering a positive and inclusive online environment, you won't want to skip over the announcement about these new additions. Let's all contribute to making the internet a better place, one line of code at a time!
Now, let's take a linguistic leap! Are you ready to join the Llama 中文社区? No, it's not a secret society dedicated to fluffy creatures, but rather the best Chinese-language community for Llama enthusiasts. And guess what? They have an amazing Llama 大模型 (that means big model) that is completely open source and available for commercial use. Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to explore the Llama world in a whole new way by clicking here.
Finally, for all you React enthusiasts out there, we have a treat for you. We've compiled a list of the 21 Best Practices for a Clean React Project. Whether you're a seasoned pro or just getting started with React, these tips and tricks will help you level up your development game. So grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and immerse yourself in the world of React goodness.
That wraps it up for this week's newsletter. We hope you found these links as exciting as we did! Stay curious, keep learning, and have a fantastic week ahead.
Until next time, The Newsletter Team
Our Repo Picks
- bregman-arie/devops-exercises (Python): Linux, Jenkins, AWS, SRE, Prometheus, Docker, Python, Ansible, Git, Kubernetes, Terraform, OpenStack, SQL, NoSQL, Azure, GCP, DNS, Elastic, Network, Virtualization. DevOps Interview Questions
- facebookresearch/audiocraft (Python): Audiocraft is a library for audio processing and generation with deep learning. It features the state-of-the-art EnCodec audio compressor / tokenizer, along with MusicGen, a simple and controllable music generation LM with textual and melodic conditioning.
- ShishirPatil/gorilla (Python): Gorilla: An API store for LLMs
- Stability-AI/generative-models (Python): Generative Models by Stability AI
- TheAlgorithms/Python (Python): All Algorithms implemented in Python
- biobootloader/mentat (Python): Mentat - The AI Coding Assistant
- GraphiteEditor/Graphite (Rust): 2D raster & vector editor that melds traditional layers & tools with a modern node-based, fully non-destructive procedural workflow.
- srbhr/Resume-Matcher (Python): Open Source Free ATS Tool to compare Resumes with Job Descriptions and create a score to rank them.
- hehonghui/awesome-english-ebooks (CSS): 经济学人(含音频)、纽约客、卫报、连线、大西洋月刊等英语杂志免费下载,支持 epub、mobi、pdf 格式, 每周更新
- comfyanonymous/ComfyUI (Python): A powerful and modular stable diffusion GUI with a graph/nodes interface.
- atherosai/ui (HTML): Simple UI examples from my social media
- geekan/MetaGPT (Python): 🌟 The Multi-Agent Framework: Given one line Requirement, return PRD, Design, Tasks, Repo
- bloomberg/blazingmq (C++): A modern high-performance open source message queuing system
- sei-protocol/sei-chain (TypeScript): undefined
- jmorganca/ollama (C): Get up and running with Llama 2 and other large language models locally
- THUDM/CodeGeeX2 (Python): CodeGeeX2: A More Powerful Multilingual Code Generation Model
- langgenius/dify (TypeScript): One API for plugins and datasets, one interface for prompt engineering and visual operation, all for creating powerful AI applications.
- ruanyf/weekly : 科技爱好者周刊，每周五发布
- yangjianxin1/Firefly (Python): Firefly(流萤): 中文对话式大语言模型(全量微调+QLoRA)，支持微调 Llma2、Llama、Qwen、Baichuan、ChatGLM2、InternLM、Ziya、Bloom 等大模型
- gmpetrov/databerry (TypeScript): The no-code platform for building custom LLM Agents
- dani-garcia/vaultwarden (Rust): Unofficial Bitwarden compatible server written in Rust, formerly known as bitwarden_rs
- 521xueweihan/HelloGitHub (Python): 分享 GitHub 上有趣、入门级的开源项目。Share interesting, entry-level open source projects on GitHub.
- fabian-hiller/valibot (TypeScript): The modular and type safe schema library for validating structural data 🤖
- FlagAlpha/Llama2-Chinese (Python): Llama 中文社区，最好的中文 Llama 大模型，完全开源可商用
- FlareSolverr/FlareSolverr (Python): Proxy server to bypass Cloudflare protection
Our Article Picks
- Nevo David: 🚀 9 open-source libraries YOU HAVE to contribute to in 2023 🔥
- Nevo David: 🔥 Building an email automation system with React Flow and Resend 🎉
- Leonardo Montini: Chrome Debugger is easier to use than you might think
- vincanger: Smol AI 🐣 vs Wasp AI 🐝- Which is the Better AI Junior Developer?
- Nicolas Frankel: System architecture: move authentication to the API Gateway
- Divyansh Singh: How Open Source helped me get into the GitHub Octernships program.
- Sébastien Jalliffier Verne: Using Document Picture-in-Picture and Insertable Streams APIs to record your screen and camera
- Michele Stieven: Angular - Error Handling 101
- Suraj Vishwakarma: 5 Tools to Boost Your Coding Workflow
- Teja Kummarikuntla: Build an AWS S3 Browser with ToolJet
- Leonardo Montini: One Year of Dev YouTube
- Chaoo Charles: Next13 Fullstack Ecommerce 🛒 | React, Typescript, TailwindCSS, Prisma and MongoDB 🔥
- ByteHide: How To Use Task.Run in C# for Multithreading
- Brian Bethencourt: refine + DEV Hackathon Winners, Announced!
- Olabisi Olaoye: How to Build a Global Notification System in React
- dev.to staff: Explore Our World of Badges & Influence the Next Addition! 🏅🌟
- Kevin Mulhern: Coding Education for All: Join us in supporting The Odin Project
- Zoltán Szőgyényi: Open-source chart components built with Tailwind CSS, Flowbite and ApexCharts
- Catalin Pit: Should New Developers Use AI Coding Tools?
- Dennis Persson: Do Contexts in Next.js 13 Make the Whole App Render on the Client?
- Maxime David: How I Discovered That the AWS Lambda Runtime Might Be Written in Go
- Francesco Tisiot: JSON vs JSONB in PostgreSQL
- Max Zhuk: Design Patterns in PHP 8: Simple factory
- Michael Levan: Platform Engineering On Kubernetes
- Ben Halpern: Meme Monday
- raddevus: Software Developer, Are You Just A Hammer?
- Philip How: Changelog: Don't forget to hit that notification bell
- Daniel Rendox: Finding My Blogging Path: Lessons from My Journey
- Fabian Reinders: Scaling Node.js Web Apps with Docker
- Akash Pattnaik: WebAssembly: Unraveling the Future of Web Development
- Imam Ali Mustofa: Is Learning Web Development Directly with Frameworks a Mistake?
- david wyatt: Power Automate - All The HTTP Connectors And What They Do
- Velda Kiara: The Uncreative Software Engineer's Compendium to Testing
- Caio Borghi: A Magia do Event Loop
- dev.to staff: 📢 New Additions to DEV's Code of Conduct!
- Andy: Building an HackerNews to Discord notification system using Node.js, node-cron and discord-notification.
- Bap: How do Companies Make Money in Open Source?
- Wynand Pieters: I miss being a code monkey (but guiding the troop has its own charm)
- Imam Ali Mustofa: The Art Of Messy Code - Chapter 1: Intuitive Software Development: The Instinct Over Analysis
- Fernando: The Pros and Cons of Learning Web Development Directly with Frameworks
- Emtiaj Hasan: Leverage the power of PostgreSQL for validating data
- Jimmy Dahlqvist: Building a serverless file manager
- Mohammad Faisal: 21 Best Practices for a Clean React Project
- Bobby Iliev: 7 Best VS Code Extensions for Python Developers
- Maya Shavin 🌷☕️🏡: Focus or focus visible? A guide to make your focus state accessible
- Muly Gottlieb: Understanding Node.js Streams
- Roberto B.: PHP, Functions, and Namespaces with the "use function" statement
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄