📢 Hey there, lovely readers! It's that time of the week again when we bring you the juiciest tech tidbits in our beloved newsletter. 🎉 We've got some exciting updates and thought-provoking discussions lined up for you, so let's dive right in! 🌊
First up, we have an impressive improvement to ChatGLM-6B with PEFT. 🚀 Our brilliant team of developers has been hard at work fine-tuning this powerful chat model, and the results are simply mind-blowing! Check out this fantastic article on Fine-tuning ChatGLM-6B with PEFT to learn more and boost your chatbot game! 😎
Next, prepare to be amazed by the wonders of Expo, an open-source platform that lets you create native apps with React. 📱✨ Supporting Android, iOS, and the web, Expo is a game-changer for developers, streamlining the app development process like never before. Be sure to explore this incredible tool and unleash your app-building superpowers! Find out more about Expo in this enticing link. 💪
Now, we all know that we should tackle procrastination head-on, right? But what if we told you that sometimes procrastination can actually work in your favor? 🤔 Don't believe us? Then you definitely can NOT miss this intriguing article on why and how you should embrace procrastination. Trust us, it's an eye-opener worth your time. Check it out right here and give yourself a break! 🙌
Okay, folks, fasten your seatbelts because we're about to take a wild ride with NextJS! Hold on tight as we embark on the journey of building a stunning pricing page using NextJS. 🎢🚀 This tutorial is not for the faint-hearted, but if you dare to accept the challenge, brace yourself for the exhilarating experience ahead! Strap in and get ready by clicking on this extraordinary link now! 🚀
Last but certainly not least, we have a scintillating #DEVDiscuss on the agenda! 🎙️🔥 Join the conversation and share your thoughts on the decentralization of threads. Is it truly decentralized, or is there more to the story? Engage in this thought-provoking discussion and discover the diverse perspectives of our vibrant community. Jump into the conversation right away with this fascinating link. Let your voice be heard! 🗣️
That wraps it up for this week's edition, folks! We hope you enjoy exploring the exciting content on offer. Stay tuned for more thrilling updates next week. Until then, keep embracing the tech wonders of the world and have a fantastic week ahead! 🌟🚀🌈
Our Repo Picks
- tinygrad/tinygrad (Python): You like pytorch? You like micrograd? You love tinygrad! ❤️
- EthanArbuckle/Apollo-CustomApiCredentials (C): Tweak to use your own reddit API credentials in Apollo
- imgly/background-removal-js (TypeScript): Remove backgrounds from images directly in the browser environment with ease and no additional costs or privacy concerns. Explore an interactive demo.
- mastodon/mastodon (Ruby): Your self-hosted, globally interconnected microblogging community
- vercel/platforms (TypeScript): A full-stack Next.js app with multi-tenancy and custom domain support. Built with Next.js App Router and the Vercel Domains API.
- ChaoningZhang/MobileSAM (Jupyter Notebook): This is the official code for MobileSAM project that makes SAM lightweight for mobile applications and beyond!
- chat2db/Chat2DB (Java): 🔥 🔥 🔥 An intelligent and versatile general-purpose SQL client and reporting tool for databases which integrates ChatGPT capabilities.(智能的通用数据库 SQL 客户端和报表工具)
- donnemartin/system-design-primer (Python): Learn how to design large-scale systems. Prep for the system design interview. Includes Anki flashcards.
- hiyouga/ChatGLM-Efficient-Tuning (Python): Fine-tuning ChatGLM-6B with PEFT | 基于 PEFT 的高效 ChatGLM 微调
- public-apis/public-apis (Python): A collective list of free APIs
- microsoft/unilm (Python): Large-scale Self-supervised Pre-training Across Tasks, Languages, and Modalities
- w-okada/voice-changer (Python): リアルタイムボイスチェンジャー Realtime Voice Changer
- databrickslabs/pyspark-ai (Python): English SDK for Apache Spark
- h2oai/h2ogpt (Python): Join us at H2O.ai to make the world's best open-source GPT with document and image Q&A, 100% private chat, no data leaks, Apache 2.0 https://arxiv.org/pdf/2306.08161.pdf Live Demo: https://gpt.h2o.ai/
- PowerShell/PowerShell (C#): PowerShell for every system!
- expo/expo (TypeScript): An open-source platform for making universal native apps with React. Expo runs on Android, iOS, and the web.
- laurent22/joplin (TypeScript): Joplin - an open source note taking and to-do application with synchronisation capabilities for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS.
- Docile-Alligator/Infinity-For-Reddit (Java): A Reddit client for Android
- toeverything/AFFiNE (TypeScript): There can be more than Notion and Miro. AFFiNE is a next-gen knowledge base that brings planning, sorting and creating all together. Privacy first, open-source, customizable and ready to use.
- loft-sh/devpod (Go): Codespaces but open-source, client-only and unopinionated: Works with any IDE and lets you use any cloud, kubernetes or just localhost docker.
- ramonvc/freegpt-webui (Python): GPT 3.5/4 with a Chat Web UI. No API key required.
- microsoft/ML-For-Beginners (HTML): 12 weeks, 26 lessons, 52 quizzes, classic Machine Learning for all
- conaticus/FileExplorer (TypeScript): Fast file explorer written with Tauri and React.
Our Article Picks
- Emanuele Bartolesi: Backend development is more than writing endpoints for frontend
- Nevo David: 🦄 Building a pricing page with NextJS 🤯 🤯
- OGBONNA SUNDAY: How I Got Hired Contributing to open source projects
- Francisco Mendes: Next.js and GraphQL: The Perfect Combination for Full Stack Development
- Ingo Steinke: Pure CSS parallax perspective beyond landscape images
- Jean-Michel Fayard 🇫🇷🇩🇪🇬🇧🇪🇸🇨🇴: You can NOT and should NOT stop procrastinating
- Mads Stoumann: Re-creating a Japanese Fireworks Catalog from 1883 in CSS
- Francesco Ciulla: Typescript 🟦 CRUD API: Next.js, Tailwind, tRPC, Prisma Postgres, Docker
- Toma Rares: How to Create Tailwind CSS Dashboard Using Low Code [Tutorial]
- Pierre Chollet: Learn serverless on AWS step-by-step - SQL with Aurora
- Alexey Yuzhakov: Build an Open Source Project: Behind the Scenes
- Benoît COUETIL: ☸️ Managed Kubernetes : Our dev is on AWS, our prod is on OVHCloud
- gaurbprajapati: Cookies vs LocalStorage Vs SessionStorage
- Scofield Idehen: Full-Stack Developer Roadmap: Step-by-Step Guide 2023
- Mike James: Welcome to the New Era of App Development: Introducing Avalonia v11
- deji adesoga: How to Fetch Data using the provideHttpClient in Angular
- Philip: Understanding JWTs: A Simple Guide for Beginners
- ByteHide: 20 (Senior Developer) C# Interview Questions and Answers (2023)
- Rob OLeary: Is Lighthouse a misleading performance tool?
- Sualeh Fatehi: Use ChatGPT to Explore Your Database Schema
- Michael Tharrington: What's the difference between a library and a framework?
- christine: Let’s Learn Godot 4 by Making an RPG — Part 15: Player Death & Game Over🤠
- Ben Halpern: Meme Monday
- Alvaro Montoro: 10 Cool CodePen Demos (June 2023)
- Gerasimos (Makis) Maropoulos: How to Use Iris and PostgreSQL for Web Development
- Thomas Hansen: Why OpenAI removed Web Browsing from ChatGPT
- Philip: Understand OAuth in 3 minutes
- Clément Marcilhacy: How to Rename API Gateway Path Parameters on AWS
- Scofield Idehen: Git Fundamentals for Developers
- BekahHW: Join Virtual Coffee for the Build in Public: The Power of Daily Standup and Demo Challenge
- Michael Levan: Getting Started With Go (golang)
- Gourav Khunger: 9 Hand Picked FREE Heroku Alternatives 
- Eric L. Goldstein: Exploring Web Rendering: Progressive Hydration
- Philip John Basile: Harmonizing Go and Rust in a Single Application: A Weird Symbiotic Dance
- Rob OLeary: AI and the open web
- Liam Stone: OpenAI Function Calling
- Ayu Adiati: Getting Back to Coding with Learning and Building in Public
- Marc Seitz: Building a Real-Time Analytics Dashboard with Next.js, Tinybird, and Tremor: A Comprehensive Guide
- Sloan the DEV Moderator: #DEVDiscuss: Is Threads Truly Decentralized?
- Debbie O'Brien: API Mocking for your Playwright tests
- Jakub Andrzejewski: Component Libraries - Should you use them?
- Johnson John: How to Choose the Right Content Management System (CMS) for Your Website
- Michael Tharrington: What was your win this week?
- Olga Braginskaya: The Golang Saga: A Coder’s Journey There and Back Again. Part 1: Leaving the Shire
- Nicolas Frankel: Sticky sessions with Apache APISIX - the demo
- Phil Hawksworth: Displaying your full-sized YouTube thumbnail or a custom OG image in a Twitter card
- christine: Let’s Learn Godot 4 by Making an RPG — Part 18: Scene Transitions & Day-Night Cycle🤠
- Basti Ortiz: Moving Fast: A Retrospective on Trunk-based Development
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄