Greetings, tech-savvy newsletter readers! Are you ready for another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter? Well, buckle up because we have quite the lineup for you this week.
First up, we have a fantastic tool from Chris Titus Tech which will make your life much easier. Who doesn't want that, right? This Windows Utility is a one-stop-shop for all your program installation, tweaking, fixing, and updating needs. Say goodbye to the headache of manually performing these tasks and hello to the convenience of this amazing tool. Check it out!
Next, we have an open-source link shortener that you will truly love. This handy tool not only offers free custom domains but also comes with built-in analytics. Track your link performance, measure your audience engagement, and grow your reach with ease. Trust us, you won't want to miss this one. Check it out here!
If you're looking to level up your web development game, we've got you covered. Have you heard of NextJS? It's a powerful tool for building both server-side and client-side applications. And now, with our step-by-step guide to building a bidding system with NextJS, you can take your skills to the next level. Take a look at our tutorial here!
Web performance is critical in today's fast-paced digital world. Slow-loading pages can quickly turn off potential visitors. But don't worry, we've got your back with a simple but effective solution: Lazy Pattern. Our feature on improving web performance with Lazy Pattern will teach you all about how this small modification can have a big impact on your website's overall speed.
And finally, we have a special treat for all you C# enthusiasts out there. In this week's newsletter, we're sharing the ultimate list of 50 C# (Advanced) Optimization Performance Tips. We guarantee that this list will take your knowledge to the next level and help you write more efficient code. So what are you waiting for? Get stuck in!
That's all for now, folks. We hope you enjoy this edition of our newsletter. Don't forget to share your thoughts and feedback with us. Until next time!
Our Repo Picks
- pengxiao-song/LaWGPT (Python): 🎉 Repo for LaWGPT, Chinese-Llama tuned with Chinese Legal knowledge. 基于中文法律知识的大语言模型
- facebookresearch/fairseq (Python): Facebook AI Research Sequence-to-Sequence Toolkit written in Python.
- StanGirard/quivr (TypeScript): Dump all your files and thoughts into your GenerativeAI Second Brain and chat with it
- Stability-AI/StableStudio (TypeScript): Community interface for generative AI
- geohot/tinygrad (Python): You like pytorch? You like micrograd? You love tinygrad! ❤️
- w-okada/voice-changer (TypeScript): リアルタイムボイスチェンジャー Realtime Voice Changer
- imartinez/privateGPT (Python): Interact privately with your documents using the power of GPT, 100% privately, no data leaks
- THUDM/VisualGLM-6B (Python): Chinese and English multimodal conversational language model | 多模态中英双语对话语言模型
- rocketseat-education/nlw-12-spacetime-ignite (TypeScript): Aplicação de recordação de memórias desenvolvida no NLW 12
- csunny/DB-GPT (Python): Interact your data and environment using the local GPT, no data leaks, 100% privately, 100% security
- OpenGVLab/InternGPT (Python): InternGPT (iGPT) is an open source demo platform where you can easily showcase your AI models. Now it supports DragGAN, ChatGPT, ImageBind, multimodal chat like GPT-4, SAM, interactive image editing, etc. Try it at igpt.opengvlab.com (支持 DragGAN、ChatGPT、ImageBind、SAM 的在线 Demo 系统)
- steven-tey/dub (TypeScript): An open-source link shortener with built-in analytics + free custom domains.
- pengzhile/pandora (Python): 潘多拉，一个让你呼吸顺畅的 ChatGPT。Pandora, a ChatGPT that helps you breathe smoothly.
- TheAlgorithms/Rust (Rust): All Algorithms implemented in Rust
- novicezk/midjourney-proxy (Java): 代理 MidJourney 的 discord 频道，实现 api 形式调用 AI 绘图
- ChrisTitusTech/winutil (PowerShell): Chris Titus Tech's Windows Utility - Install Programs, Tweaks, Fixes, and Updates
- motion-canvas/motion-canvas (TypeScript): Visualize Complex Ideas Programmatically
- microsoft/PowerToys (C#): Windows system utilities to maximize productivity
- microsoft/guidance (Jupyter Notebook): A guidance language for controlling large language models.
- immersive-translate/immersive-translate (TypeScript): Immersive Dual Web Page Translation Extension - 沉浸式双语网页翻译扩展
- awesome-selfhosted/awesome-selfhosted (Makefile): A list of Free Software network services and web applications which can be hosted on your own servers
- 101dotxyz/GPTeam (Python): GPTeam: An open-source multi-agent simulation
- iperov/DeepFaceLive (Python): Real-time face swap for PC streaming or video calls
- Starry-Wind/StarRailAssistant (Python): 崩坏：星穹铁道自动化 | 崩坏：星穹铁道自动锄大地 | 崩坏：星穹铁道锄大地 | 自动锄大地 | 基于模拟按键
Our Article Picks
- Temani Afif: I created 100+ unique CSS patterns | The best collection 🤩
- Zevi Reinitz: How to host your side-projects for free in 2023: from Auth to Database
- Chetan: 🚀 Introducing ✨ Bose Framework - The Swiss Army Knife for Bot Developers 🤖
- Nevo David: Building a bidding system with NextJS 🚀
- javinpaul: My Favorite Books for DevOps Engineering
- Dima Sukharev: OpenCommit: GitHub Action to improve commits with meaningful messages on every
- Shubhendra Singh Chauhan: Building an intelligent CRM using ChatGPT, PostgreSQL, and ToolJet
- Thomas Sentre: 7 Useful Resources for Web Developers
- Andrew Bone: Future of CSS: Popover API
- Kevin Gilpin: Quickly learn how new-to-you code works using sequence diagrams
- Sathish Kumar N: Part 3: Component Structure - Building Reusable and Maintainable Components in React!
- Ben Halpern: How Do You Build a Strong Coding Portfolio?
- Leandro Proença: [pt-BR] Fundamentos do Git, um guia completo
- Jakub Andrzejewski: Improving Web Performance with Lazy Pattern
- Michael Tharrington: Featured Mod of the Month: Christine Belzie
- Jeongho Nam: [Nestia] Make NestJS 30x faster with fastify
- Jonathan Reimer: ossjobs.dev 👋 land your next job in open source
- Nevo David: 🎤 Building the biggest list of useful open-source libraries 🎉🥳😎
- Michael Tharrington: Lesser Known Features of DEV — Embedding Call To Action (CTA) Buttons
- Rajaniraiyn R: Understanding the Contents of the .git Folder
- Pascal Thormeier: I wrote a book on CSS Grid - Here's how! 📖💡
- April Edwards: Unlocking the Power of GitHub: Tips and Tricks
- Jarrod Roberson: Go is Not Java
- Pierre Chollet: Learn serverless on AWS step-by-step - Emails
- Emily Fortuna: Saga Pattern Made Easy
- Pratik Chaudhari: Implementing Your Own Event Loop From Scratch
- ByteHide: 50 C# (Advanced) Optimization Performance Tips🔥
- Ives van Hoorne: Meet Boxy, Your New AI Coding Assistant
- Mads Stoumann: Tetris Testimonial Quotes
- Fatemeh Paghar: 🎉 Iconsans - +320 Free Icons for your next project
- Andy Jessop: Writing Integration Tests that Run Inside a Unit-testing Framework like Jest
- Chetan: 🌈Omkar DevTools: A Swiss Army knife for Ninja Developers🚀
- Zevi Reinitz: Building a message board with Next.js and AppWrite
- Teja Kummarikuntla: Building ChatGPT-powered apps in 5 steps 🚀
- Fernando: Keeping up with my cat's 💩 using a RaspberryPi
- ByteHide: ASP.NET Core in .NET 8 is on The Way! Discover the NEW Features
- Scofield Idehen: 27 Best VScode Extension to Boost Productivity
- NJOKU SAMSON EBERE: Server Side Rendering (SSR) Vs Static Site Generation (SSG)
- 🚀 Vu Dao 🚀: FastApi With AWS Serverless powered by CDK Typescript
- H.Brian: 25 SQL tricks for beginners.
- Necati Özmen: A Comprehensive Guide of React Unit Testing
- Ben Halpern: Meme Monday
- Krisztián Maurer: What is it like to be a software developer?
- Adheeban Manoharan: Combine LangChain 🦜🔗 & Llama-Index 🦙
- Bruno Noriller: JSDoc 101
- Leonardo Montini: How to Convince your Project Manager/Client to let you write Unit Tests
- Eric: Everything you need to know about algorithms
- Suraj Vishwakarma: Effective Techniques for Code Review in Software Engineering
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄