Hey there, lovely readers!
Welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter. We're excited to have a mix of technical and creative content for you this time, and as always, we've compiled quite the list of resources that you don't want to miss out on.
For all our React beginners out there, we've got an awesome Beginner's Guide to Storybook that's definitely worth a read. Discover how to use Storybook to develop components in isolation, test and interact with them, and even export them to create a design system. If you're looking to improve your React skills, this is definitely an article you wouldn't want to miss.
We also have a great piece on React that explains what prop drilling is and why it's important in React development. This article will show you how to pass data through component trees without making your code messy and unreadable. So, if you're a React developer and want to know more about this important feature, be sure to check it out.
If you're a NodeJS developer looking to learn about file integrity, our article on verifying the integrity of files using NodeJS is something worth reading. This piece of information will guide you through the important steps in verifying if your files have been changed or tampered with, as well as help you identify which files have changed and how they have changed.
Are you ready for some blockchain development? Our overview and tutorial of the LangChain Library is a post that you don't want to miss. This tutorial will help you get started with developing a blockchain application using LangChain, one of the newest additions to the chain libraries out there. So, why not dive in and take your first step towards building your very own blockchain application.
Last but not least, we have something for our designers out there. We've got a list of 10 CSS Generators, which can help you to choose the right color palette, create stunning backgrounds, and so much more. These generators can transform your CSS game and make your coding process a breeze.
That's it for this week's newsletter. As always, we hope you enjoy reading the articles as much as we enjoyed curating them. Cheers to a great week ahead, and until next time!
Our Repo Picks
- twitter/the-algorithm (Scala): Source code for Twitter's Recommendation Algorithm
- lm-sys/FastChat (Python): The release repo for "Vicuna: An Open Chatbot Impressing GPT-4"
- twitter/the-algorithm-ml (Python): Source code for Twitter's Recommendation Algorithm
- e2b-dev/e2b (Python): e2b (english2bits) is an IDE powered by AI agents. Developers describe what they want to build by writing documentation. Then let AI agents with access to tools do the coding work.
- nomic-ai/gpt4all (Python): gpt4all: an ecosystem of open-source chatbots trained on a massive collections of clean assistant data including code, stories and dialogue
- godly-devotion/MochiDiffusion (Swift): Run Stable Diffusion on Mac natively
- Yidadaa/ChatGPT-Next-Web (TypeScript): One-Click to deploy well-designed ChatGPT web UI on Vercel. 一键拥有你自己的 ChatGPT 网页服务。
- ymcui/Chinese-LLaMA-Alpaca (Python): 中文 LLaMA&Alpaca 大语言模型+本地 CPU 部署 (Chinese LLaMA & Alpaca LLMs)
- hahahumble/speechgpt (TypeScript): SpeechGPT is a web application that enables you to converse with ChatGPT.
- mayooear/gpt4-pdf-chatbot-langchain (TypeScript): GPT4 & LangChain Chatbot for large PDF docs
- mckaywrigley/chatbot-ui (TypeScript): An open source ChatGPT UI.
- stochasticai/xturing (Python): Build and control your own LLMs
- hwchase17/langchain (Python): ⚡ Building applications with LLMs through composability ⚡
- binary-husky/chatgpt_academic (Python): 科研工作专用 ChatGPT 拓展，特别优化学术 Paper 润色体验，支持自定义快捷按钮，支持自定义函数插件，支持 markdown 表格显示，Tex 公式双显示，代码显示功能完善，新增本地 Python/C++/Go 项目树剖析功能/项目源代码自译解能力，新增 PDF 和 Word 文献批量总结功能/PDF 论文全文翻译功能
- Bin-Huang/chatbox (TypeScript): the Ultimate Copilot on Your Desktop. Chatbox is a desktop app for GPT-4 / GPT-3.5 (OpenAI API) that supports Windows, Mac & Linux.
- microsoft/ML-For-Beginners (Jupyter Notebook): 12 weeks, 26 lessons, 52 quizzes, classic Machine Learning for all
- MystenLabs/sui (Rust): Sui, a next-generation smart contract platform with high throughput, low latency, and an asset-oriented programming model powered by the Move programming language
- ZrrSkywalker/LLaMA-Adapter (Python): Fine-tuning LLaMA to follow instructions within 1 Hour and 1.2M Parameters
- EbookFoundation/free-programming-books : 📚 Freely available programming books
- DarkFlippers/unleashed-firmware (C): Flipper Zero Unleashed Firmware
- RosettaCommons/RFdiffusion (Python): Code for running RFdiffusion
- gkamradt/langchain-tutorials (Jupyter Notebook): Overview and tutorial of the LangChain Library
- TaxyAI/browser-extension (TypeScript): Automate your browser with GPT-4
Our Article Picks
- Sloan the DEV Moderator: Make a Difference on DEV as a Tag Moderator
- Obaseki Noruwa: Folder Structure for Modern Web Applications
- Tapajyoti Bose: 7 Tricks to take the Performance of your Website to the Moon 🚀🌙
- Code Oz: How I improve my skills in Typescript #2 : Mapped Type
- Heather Parker: Git: the basic commands every developer should know
- Arafat: Typescript utility types that you must know
- Jeongho Nam: I made Express faster than Fastify (100x faster JSON, also NestJS)
- Kalimah Apps: 4 VSCode extensions I use when developing with Tailwind
- Rahul Ladumor: 10 Trending Node.js Libraries and Frameworks to Boost Your Web Development
- Pavan Belagatti: 3 Ways to Optimize Your Node.js Application Performance
- Rizèl Scarlett: A Beginner's Guide to Prompt Engineering with GitHub Copilot
- javinpaul: 7 API Tools for REST Developers and Testers
- Stas Melnikov: 5 CSS authors that I recommend reading
- Suraj Vishwakarma: Awesome Database for your Project
- Aurélie Vache: Understanding Docker in a visual way (in 🎥 video): part 15 – Clean & Purge
- Jean-Michel Fayard 🇫🇷🇩🇪🇬🇧🇪🇸🇨🇴: I am a lazy developer
- Niall Maher: Transform Your CSS Game: Bookmark These 10 CSS Generators
- Code of Relevancy: What is prop drilling in React?
- Vivek Alhat: Building a calendar component with Tailwind and date-fns
- Kanani Nirav: The Five Lines of Code Principle: Why Less is More in Programming
- Nirmalya Sengupta: Why am I learning Rust?
- Alvaro Montoro: 10 Cool CodePen Demos (March 23)
- Santosh Yadav: Angular: The Framework of Past, Present, and Future
- BekahHW: Why aren’t you contributing to open source?
- margishpatel: How to make your HTML responsive using display grid. 💯✅
- Zeeshan Haider Shaheen: Beginner's Guide to Storybook
- Matej Bačo: Our AI-Powered TechCrunch Clone Went Viral, This Is How We Built It
- Francesco Ciulla: Python CRUD Rest API, using: Django, Postgres, Docker and Docker Compose
- Shubhadip Bhowmik: Top 5 best CSS frameworks in 2023.
- Orkhan Huseynli: Verifying Integrity of Files using NodeJS
- Ben Halpern: Would You Rather Work in a Small Startup or a Large Corporation?
- Jeffrey Nwankwo: A Detailed Guide on How to Build a Website with Next.js and Headless WordPress + SEO - 2023 Web Development
- Suraj Vishwakarma: Awesome VS Code Extensions for 2023
- Johannes Hötter: Twitter Issues are a mess!!
- Ben Halpern: Meme Monday 🐌
- Wojciech Lepczyński: How to get started with DevOps? What skills should we start with?
- Benjamen Pyle: Cross-Origin Whitelist with API Gateway
- Aurélie Vache: Let's discover: docker init command
- Bentil Shadrack: Complete roadmap to become a pro in MERN STACK🚀
- Ege Aytın: Exploring Google Zanzibar: A Demonstration of Its Basics
- Shai Almog: Boldness in Refactoring
- Pragyan Tripathi: Docker Commands Cheat Sheet
- ByteHide: Abstract Class vs Interface in C#: Analyzing the Pros and Cons
- javinpaul: 10 Best Udemy Courses to Take in 2023
- Zoo Codes: Run GitHub Actions on Your Local Machine! 🐙 💻
- Charlie Gerard: Notes from competing in my first CTF
- dev.to staff: Welcome Thread - v219
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄