Hey there, fellow developers! Welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter. We've got some exciting updates and news for you to dive into, so grab your morning coffee and let's get started!
Are you curious to know which DEV posts made it onto our top 7 list this week? Look no further, we've compiled a must-read list for you. From insightful articles on programming languages to practical tips and tricks for developers, there's something for everyone here.
Calling all TypeScript enthusiasts! We know how important it is to have access to the best resources when working with this programming language. That's why we've put together a list of GitHub repositories that you need to check out. These repositories will help you streamline your work and take your TypeScript skills to the next level here.
Are you passionate about videogame programming? A simple and easy-to-use library can make all the difference when it comes to making your work more efficient and enjoyable. Our team has found just the thing you need for all your videogame programming needs. Head over to this library and start building your next masterpiece!
Attention Visual Studio 2022 users! GitHub Copilot Chat is finally here! This groundbreaking AI language model has been the talk of the industry, and it's finally available on your favorite IDE. Expect to see a significant improvement in your coding speed and accuracy with this new feature here.
Finally, we have some sad news to share. For those of you hoping for Visual Studio to arrive on Linux, we have some disappointing news. Unfortunately, it's looking unlikely that it will ever happen. You can read more about this here.
That's it for this week's newsletter. We hope you found it informative and engaging. Keep an eye out for next week's edition, where we'll bring you even more exciting updates and news from the world of development. Happy coding!
Our Repo Picks
- tloen/alpaca-lora (Jupyter Notebook): Instruct-tune LLaMA on consumer hardware
- cocktailpeanut/dalai (CSS): The simplest way to run LLaMA on your local machine
- gencay/vscode-chatgpt (TypeScript): An unofficial Visual Studio Code - OpenAI ChatGPT integration
- tatsu-lab/stanford_alpaca (Python): Code and documentation to train Stanford's Alpaca models, and generate the data.
- THUDM/ChatGLM-6B (Python): ChatGLM-6B：开源双语对话语言模型 | An Open Bilingual Dialogue Language Model
- microsoft/semantic-kernel (C#): Integrate cutting-edge LLM technology quickly and easily into your apps
- GaiZhenbiao/ChuanhuChatGPT (Python): GUI for ChatGPT API
- comfyanonymous/ComfyUI (Python): A powerful and modular stable diffusion GUI with a graph/nodes interface.
- ggerganov/llama.cpp (C): Port of Facebook's LLaMA model in C/C++
- rustformers/llama-rs (Rust): Run LLaMA inference on CPU, with Rust 🦀🚀🦙
- Bin-Huang/chatbox (TypeScript): A desktop app for ChatGPT API (OpenAI API) that supports Windows, Mac & Linux
- logspace-ai/langflow (TypeScript): ⛓️ LangFlow is a UI for LangChain, designed with react-flow to provide an effortless way to experiment and prototype flows.
- PlexPt/awesome-chatgpt-prompts-zh : ChatGPT 中文调教指南。各种场景使用指南。学习怎么让它听你的话。
- exaloop/codon (C++): A high-performance, zero-overhead, extensible Python compiler using LLVM
- chathub-dev/chathub (TypeScript): All-in-one chatbot client
- yizhongw/self-instruct (Python): Aligning pretrained language models with instruction data generated by themselves.
- kaixindelele/ChatPaper (Python): Use ChatGPT to summarize the arXiv papers.
- dreamworksanimation/openmoonray (CMake): undefined
- gannonh/gpt3.5-turbo-pgvector (TypeScript): ChatGTP (gpt3.5-turbo) starter app
- whoiskatrin/sql-translator (TypeScript): SQL Translator is a tool for converting natural language queries into SQL code using artificial intelligence. This project is 100% free and open source.
- openai/evals (Python): Evals is a framework for evaluating OpenAI models and an open-source registry of benchmarks.
- juncongmoo/pyllama (Python): LLaMA: Open and Efficient Foundation Language Models
- acheong08/EdgeGPT (Python): Reverse engineered API of Microsoft's Bing Chat AI
- huggingface/transformers (Python): 🤗 Transformers: State-of-the-art Machine Learning for Pytorch, TensorFlow, and JAX.
- raysan5/raylib (C): A simple and easy-to-use library to enjoy videogames programming
Our Article Picks
- Tapajyoti Bose: Deep dive into How Web Browsers work (with illustrations) ⚙️🚀
- Alvaro Montoro: CSS Is Dead!
- Heather Parker: TypeScript for Beginners: What You Should Know
- Wesley Miranda: Uploading multiple files at the same time using multithreading in NodeJS
- Dima Sukharev: TOP 3 open-source AI to code like a PRO 🧠 🤖
- Rita Brown: GitHub repositories for TypeScript enthusiasts
- Yuval: Build AI Template Engine to create amazing content with Next.js and ChatGPT
- Francisco Mendes: Lazy Loading Routes in React: The Key to Faster Load Times
- Davide de Paolis: Software Engineering is about trade-offs: make sure you have options! (architecture patterns comparison)
- Teja Kummarikuntla: Creating a SQL generator app with ChatGPT, PostgreSQL, and ToolJet
- Thomas Sentre: 100 Crucial Keyboard Shortcuts for VS Code Users.
- Manuel Odendahl: LLMs will fundamentally change software engineering
- Peter Shershov: React: Lessons from the Trenches - useEffect x Infinity
- Code of Relevancy: What is Strict Mode in React?
- Heather Parker: What to choose: C vs C++?
- Jagroop Singh: Revolutionizing APIs: The GraphQL Future
- Leonardo Montini: Create a Pull Request from Visual Studio Code on GitHub
- Adam Nathaniel Davis: Embedding Data Into React/JSX Elements
- Ram Maheshwari ⚡: I Created An Open-Source Portfolio Website Template For Developers Called WowFolio 🦄
- Safa Emhemed: 10 Best Practices for Ecommerce Checkout Design
- Jhey Tompkins: Circular Text with CSS?
- Nevo David: Make a video about the best contributor of the month with React and NodeJS 🚀
- Amy Liu: What's the best stack for building web based AI applications?
- Ben Halpern: Meme Monday 🧵
- Suraj Vishwakarma: Boost Your Productivity with These Top Free Notion Templates
- AJ Stuyvenberg: Benchmarking the AWS SDK
- K (he/him): Decentralized Databases: ComposeDB
- Brian Bethencourt: Linode + DEV Hackathon Winners, Announced!
- Erin Bensinger: #DEVDiscuss: The Future of AI
- ByteHide: GitHub Copilot Chat for Visual Studio 2022 is HERE!🤖
- Muthu Annamalai Venkatachalam: Creating a Notification System with Novu and SendGrid
- Pippa Thompson: Web Dev Related Acronyms You Should Know
- Cassidy Williams: AI Hallucinations are still around
- Necati Özmen: Top 5 React Admin Dashboard Libraries in 2023
- byby: How Senior Developers Sabotage Interviews
- Nicolas Frankel: mTLS everywhere!
- Filipe Braga: API with Typescript + Nest + TypeORM + Postgres + Docker
- Pierre Bouillon: Reusable component store for pagination using generics
- Stephen Gbolagade: How to Fetch Your Dev.to Articles for Your Portfolio with React, Vue, and Next.js
- Brian Bethencourt: Top 7 Featured DEV Posts from the Past Week
- Nandini Rajaram: An ETL Job using AWS Glue Studio to inner join DynamoDB tables, Apply Queries and Store the result in S3
- Harsh patel: Basic Understanding of Webhooks with examples
- ByteHide: Visual Studio for Linux will Never Arrive💔
- Zainab-Saad: Why use graph database?
- Sridhar CR: Design architecture for large file downloads
- Isaac Lyman: What's something you've changed your mind about?
- Necati Özmen: Top 5 React Admin Templates
- CAST AI: Docker Hub Alternatives: On the Lookout for a Container Image Repository for OSS
- Vincent Zanetta: Enable HTTPS-only on your S3 buckets
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄