TLWI Dev #120
Greetings and welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter! We're back with another exciting issue to keep your tech cravings satisfied. Are you grappling with which framework to use for your latest project? Look no further! Our first highlight for this week is an informative article on Next.js vs. React: Which is the Best for Your Project that will guide you in making the right choice.
Have you ever wondered what's really happening behind the scenes when you use React.js? Our next link will pull back the veil and take you into the depths of React. You'll learn about the inner workings and understand why it's considered one of the most popular front-end frameworks. Don't miss out on the fascinating insights of React.js, behind the scenes.
Up next is a tutorial on Configure Kubernetes Readiness and Liveness Probes. This article will show beginners how to set up a liveness probe that monitors the health of your application and restarts it if it fails. If you're looking to streamline your Kubernetes setup, then this one's definitely for you!
Finally, we'll wrap up with a story that'll make you believe in the power of optimization. You'll be amazed at how a single line code change can improve your performance dramatically. Read all about it in our fascinating link on How a single line code change, improved my performance.
That's a wrap for this week's newsletter, folks. We hope you found it informative and enlightening. Until next time, have a fantastic week ahead!
Our Repo Picks
- Chanzhaoyu/chatgpt-web (Vue): 用 Express 和 Vue3 搭建的 ChatGPT 演示网页
- AmbientRun/Ambient (Rust): The multiplayer game engine
- dair-ai/Prompt-Engineering-Guide (Jupyter Notebook): 🐙 Guides, papers, lecture, and resources for prompt engineering
- AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui (Python): Stable Diffusion web UI
- yihong0618/xiaogpt (Python): play chatgpt with xiaomi ai speaker
- vlang/v (V): Simple, fast, safe, compiled language for developing maintainable software. Compiles itself in <1s with zero library dependencies. Supports automatic C => V translation. https://vlang.io
- DvorakDwarf/Infinite-Storage-Glitch (Rust): ISG lets you use YouTube as cloud storage for ANY files, not just video
- Mikubill/sd-webui-controlnet (Python): WebUI extension for ControlNet
- lllyasviel/ControlNet (Python): Let us control diffusion models!
- itwanger/toBeBetterJavaer (Java): 一份通俗易懂、风趣幽默的 Java 学习指南，内容涵盖 Java 基础、Java 并发编程、Java 虚拟机、Java 企业级开发、Java 面试等核心知识点。学 Java，就认准 Java 程序员进阶之路 😄
- flutter/packages (Dart): A collection of useful packages maintained by the Flutter team
- CompVis/stable-diffusion (Jupyter Notebook): A latent text-to-image diffusion model
- mjl-/mox (Go): modern full-featured open source secure mail server for low-maintenance self-hosted email
- civitai/sd_civitai_extension (Python): All of the Civitai models inside Automatic 1111 Stable Diffusion Web UI
- openai/openai-python (Python): The OpenAI Python library provides convenient access to the OpenAI API from applications written in the Python language.
- cloudquery/cloudquery (Go): The open source high performance data integration platform built for developers.
- hwchase17/langchainjs (TypeScript): undefined
- awesome-selfhosted/awesome-selfhosted (Makefile): A list of Free Software network services and web applications which can be hosted on your own servers
- fastlane/fastlane (Ruby): 🚀 The easiest way to automate building and releasing your iOS and Android apps
- godly-devotion/MochiDiffusion (Swift): Run Stable Diffusion on Mac natively
- immich-app/immich (Dart): Self-hosted photo and video backup solution directly from your mobile phone.
- apache/doris (Java): Apache Doris is an easy-to-use, high performance and unified analytics database.
- qdrant/qdrant (Rust): Qdrant - Vector Search Engine and Database for the next generation of AI applications. Also available in the cloud https://qdrant.to/cloud
- ytdl-org/youtube-dl (Python): Command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and other video sites
- 0x192/universal-android-debloater (Rust): Cross-platform GUI written in Rust using ADB to debloat non-rooted android devices. Improve your privacy, the security and battery life of your device.
Our Article Picks
- Nevo David: Building a forum with React, NodeJS
- Syed Mohsin Raza: 22 Useful CSS Tips and Tricks Every Developer Should Know
- Ryan Carniato: React vs Signals: 10 Years Later
- Pavan Belagatti: Learn How to Setup a CI/CD Pipeline from Scratch
- Rasaf Ibrahim: Ditching useState and useReducer: Why useImmer is the better option
- Ben Halpern: OpenAI announces ChatGPT and Whisper APIs
- Pierre Chollet: Learn serverless on AWS step-by-step - Databases
- javinpaul: My Favorite Free Courses to Learn DevOps in 2023
- Suraj Vishwakarma: 7 React UI Component Libraries for Building Beautiful Interfaces
- Carl-W: Making GraphQL Codegen Work For You: GraphQL Integration with React and TypeScript
- Robin Goetz: Angular & signals. Everything you need to know.
- Ishrat: Next.js vs. React: Which is the Best for Your Project
- Jakub Andrzejewski: Nuxt, Medusa, TailwindCSS Crash Course
- Code of Relevancy: Take Your Code to The Other Side
- Void⚡: 22 Valuable Lessons From Decade of Software Engineering
- Pavan Belagatti: Configure Kubernetes Readiness and Liveness Probes - Tutorial
- Francesco Ciulla: Build a CRUD Rest API in Go using Mux, Postgres, Docker and Docker Compose
- Konstantin Rouda: 5 Rules of ARIA
- Ben Halpern: Meme Monday 🦄
- Diogo Rodrigues: React.js, behind the scenes
- Corbin Crutchley: Functions Are Killing Your React App's Performance
- Vincent Will: Coding your own AI in 2023 with fastai
- Matt Morgan: Avoiding the Serverless Workflow Antipattern
- StakeDesigner: 6 CSS Features to Make a Responsive Website
- Michael Tharrington: Top 7 Featured DEV Posts from the Past Week
- abhijitdotsharma: Build and publish a Component Library - React, TypeScript, Storybook
- Leandro Proença: Kubernetes 101, part II, pods
- Alvin James Bellero: Visual Studio Code Productivity Hacks: My Favourite 15 Extensions
- Al - Naubit: How I was able to improve my clients satisfaction by 10x 🪄
- MR.H: How a single line code change, improved my performance
- Code of Relevancy: Recoil is the Samurai Sword of React State Management
- Lorenzo Zarantonello: First Experience With Next.js - part 1
- Kedasha: How to Enable 2FA for your GitHub Account
- Michele Stieven: Why I like Signals in Angular and the importance of Declarative code
- Erin Bensinger: #DEVDiscuss: Building Your Own AI 🤖
- JoeStrout: Announcing MiniBASIC
- Brian Douglas: AI generated git commit messages
- Sibelius Seraphini: What to test in the frontend?
- Rob OLeary: The decline of CSS Tricks
- Kauna Hassan: Understanding the Differences Between HTTP and HTTPS
- Kauna Hassan: Building Serverless Applications with React
- Brian Rinaldi: The Price Developers Pay for Loving Their Tools Too Much
- Ben Halpern: The Downsides of New Technology Come Fast and Furious (Let's talk about AI)
- Fatemeh Paghar: 20 Console Methods that Will Transform How You Debug
- ogoh cyril: Using ChatGPT to reply my Whatsapp ?
- Michelle Mannering: How to automatically close your issues once you merge a PR
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄