TLWI Dev #119
Welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter! We've scoured the internet to bring you the best programming resources and updates, all in one place. Whether you're a seasoned developer or just starting out, we've got something for everyone. So sit back, grab a cup of coffee, and let's dive in!
Are you new to programming and looking for some helpful tools to get started? We've got you covered! Our team has put together a list of some of the best resources for beginners, including online courses, forums, and coding bootcamps. Whether you're interested in web development, data science, or app development, there's something here for everyone. So what are you waiting for? Start exploring today!
If you're new to programming, you may be struggling with some common challenges. Don't worry, you're not alone! From getting stuck on a tough algorithm to navigating new technology, there are many hurdles that new programmers face. Luckily, there are also many resources available to help you overcome these obstacles. So keep pushing forward, and remember: every great programmer started somewhere.
GitHub Actions are an incredibly powerful tool for automating your workflow and streamlining your development process. Our new tutorial will teach you the basics of getting started with this powerful feature. From setting up your first workflow to customizing your environment variables, we've got everything you need to know. So what are you waiting for? Start building your next project today!
Looking for a more specific tutorial? Our latest article will show you how to build a React admin panel using Mantine and Strapi. This step-by-step guide will lead you through the process, providing clear instructions and helpful screenshots along the way. By the end, you'll have a powerful admin panel that can be customized to fit any project. So why not give it a try?
Finally, have you ever wondered if DevRel (developer relations) can be done without Twitter? We're exploring that topic in our latest article. While Twitter is certainly a powerful tool for connecting with other programmers, it's not the only option out there. From newsletters to podcasts, there are many ways to build a strong DevRel program. So if you're looking for new ways to connect with your community, be sure to check out our latest piece.
That's all for this week's edition of our newsletter. We hope you found these resources and articles helpful. As always, feel free to drop us a line and let us know what you'd like to see in future newsletters. Until next time, happy coding!
Our Repo Picks
- askrella/whatsapp-chatgpt (TypeScript): ChatGPT + DALL-E + WhatsApp = AI Assistant 🚀 🤖
- lllyasviel/ControlNet (Python): Let us control diffusion models
- AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui (Python): Stable Diffusion web UI
- amazon-science/mm-cot (Python): Official implementation for "Multimodal Chain-of-Thought Reasoning in Language Models" (stay tuned and more will be updated)
- Mikubill/sd-webui-controlnet (Python): WebUI extension for ControlNet
- hpcaitech/ColossalAI (Python): Making large AI models cheaper, faster and more accessible
- ytdl-org/youtube-dl (Python): Command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and other video sites
- jaymody/picoGPT (Python): An unnecessarily tiny implementation of GPT-2 in NumPy.
- civitai/civitai (TypeScript): A repository of models, textual inversions, and more
- shyamsn97/mario-gpt (Python): Generating Mario Levels with GPT2. Code for the paper "MarioGPT: Open-Ended Text2Level Generation through Large Language Models" https://arxiv.org/abs/2302.05981
- jwasham/coding-interview-university : A complete computer science study plan to become a software engineer.
- Chanzhaoyu/chatgpt-web (Vue): 用 express 和 vue3 搭建的同时支持
网页 accessToken的 ChatGPT 演示网页
- nvim-lua/kickstart.nvim (Lua): A launch point for your personal nvim configuration
- CompVis/stable-diffusion (Jupyter Notebook): A latent text-to-image diffusion model
- yt-dlp/yt-dlp (Python): A youtube-dl fork with additional features and fixes
- civitai/sd_civitai_extension (Python): All of the Civitai models inside Automatic 1111 Stable Diffusion Web UI
- AbdBarho/stable-diffusion-webui-docker (Dockerfile): Easy Docker setup for Stable Diffusion with user-friendly UI
- Stability-AI/stablediffusion (Python): High-Resolution Image Synthesis with Latent Diffusion Models
- TencentARC/GFPGAN (Python): GFPGAN aims at developing Practical Algorithms for Real-world Face Restoration.
- comfyanonymous/ComfyUI (Python): A powerful and modular stable diffusion GUI with a graph/nodes interface.
- openai/CLIP (Jupyter Notebook): CLIP (Contrastive Language-Image Pretraining), Predict the most relevant text snippet given an image
- Nutlope/aicommits (TypeScript): A CLI that writes your git commit messages for you with AI
- sczhou/CodeFormer (Python): [NeurIPS 2022] Towards Robust Blind Face Restoration with Codebook Lookup Transformer
- trimstray/the-book-of-secret-knowledge : A collection of inspiring lists, manuals, cheatsheets, blogs, hacks, one-liners, cli/web tools and more.
Our Article Picks
- Nevo David: Creating a resume builder with React, NodeJS and AI 🚀
- Thomas Sentre: 7 Tools for Faster Development in React
- Maria 🍦 Marshmallow: What is it like to be a developer? (in gifs) 🗿
- Rohit Sharma: How to create a Drag and Drop interface using Vanilla JS
- Leandro Proença: Kubernetes 101, part I, the fundamentals
- shrey vijayvargiya: How to find a Job as a developer in just 30 Days
- Bonnie: How To Get Technical Writing Jobs, Gigs, or Opportunities
- GrahamTheDev: We are entering a new age: The creation age
- Sriparno Roy: 5 Tips To Elevate Your Coding Skills!
- Void⚡: Avoid These 10 Blunders In Your Next Coding Interview
- Arindam Majumder: A Beginners Guide to Open Source
- Pavan Belagatti: Kubernetes Deployments: Rolling vs Canary vs Blue-Green
- Code of Relevancy: Build a Profit Margin Calculator with Vite.js + React.js, TypeScript and Tailwind CSS
- Michael Tharrington (he/him): Top 7 Featured DEV Posts from the Past Week
- javinpaul: My Favorite Books to Learn Docker and Kubernetes
- Ben Halpern: Meme Monday 🤓
- Francesco Ciulla: Build a CRUD Rest API in Python using Flask, SQLAlchemy, Postgres, Docker
- Alicia Sykes: SvelteKit 1.0 - Building a personal blog, that shows your DEV posts 🦄
- javinpaul: My Favorite Courses to Learn Coding and Programming in 2023
- Andy Piper: Thoughts on Dev Rel in the post-Twitter era
- Suraj Vishwakarma: 7 Essential React Libraries for Front-End Web Development
- GrahamTheDev: AI and Ethics [Chapter 1]
- Sabrina: Como Consegui uma Carreira em DevRel Ainda na Faculdade
- Stanislav Ilin: Error Handling in Dart and Flutter
- Lovepreet Singh: How to Deploy NodeJS APIs on AWS
- Abdulazeez Abdulazeez: Top 10 CSS Animation Libraries
- Ben Halpern: New Programmers, What Challenges Are You Facing?
- Tom Milner: Which AWS Certification exam should I sit?
- Brian Rinaldi: Can DevRel Be Done Without Twitter?
- Daniel Reis: #100DaysOfCode Day 1: Challenge Accepted:
- Ben Halpern: Which tools and resources do you suggest for folks who are new to programming?
- Corbin Crutchley: Formik Works Great; Here's Why I Wrote My Own
- Anthony D. Mays: gRPC vs REST: Comparing API Styles in Practice
- Simon MacDonald: Why does everyone "suddenly" hate Single Page Apps?
- Hung Vu: Build a notification system for a blog site with React, NodeJS and Novu 🚀
- RahulReddy: Getting Started with GitHub Actions - Basics
- Diogo Rodrigues: You might be overusing React states
- Nikolas ⚡️: Remove all styling with one line of CSS
- Pragyan Tripathi: Docker Commands Cheat Sheet
- Can Cellek: Dev Cheats - Interactive Cheatsheets For Developers
- Nick Taylor: Where do you find community?
- dev.to staff: Welcome Thread - v213
- Nikita Kakuev: Storybook 7.0 + React.js + TailwindCSS + CSS modules + Typescript setup that #$%& works
- Gabriel Nordeborn: ReScript, React and spread props - it's now possible!
- Adam Nathaniel Davis: Determining the RGB "Distance" Between Two Colors
- Daniel Reis: #100DaysOfCode Day 2: Cassandra Query Language
- Necati Özmen: How to Build a React Admin Panel with Mantine and Strapi
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄