TLWI Dev #116
Hey there fabulous readers!
We're back again, bringing you another exciting issue full of tech updates that will surely tickle your fancy. We're especially pumped up about How to create a Simple & Modern Profile Card using TailwindCSS in 2023. This tutorial is a must-read if you want to create a stylish profile card that will showcase your personality without compromising on simplicity - and with the latest TailwindCSS version no less!
In other news, we've got something for all the Windows users out there. Have you heard about the Windows Package Manager CLI (aka winget)? It's a command-line tool that allows you to install your favorite apps faster and more efficiently than ever before. It's definitely worth checking out if you're tired of manually installing software programs one-by-one.
Now, we know many of you love exploring new platforms, and we've got something that will blow your mind - APITable. This low-code platform we found is API-oriented and perfect for building collaborative apps. Believe us when we say it's better than all other Airtable open-source alternatives out there. And that's saying a lot!
We all know that success, in any career, requires constant learning and improvement. If you're a developer looking to advance your career, we've got a list of 10 GitHub repositories that will take your coding game to the next level. From machine learning to Full-Stack web development, it's all there. So, what are you waiting for? Check them out!
Last, but not least, we have something for all you Twitter enthusiasts. Have you ever struggled to come up with the perfect Twitter bio? OpenAI and Vercel Edge Functions have got you covered. With this tool, generating a catchy bio is as easy as pie. Trust me, you won't regret checking it out.
That's all we've got for this week. Remember, keep learning, keep exploring, and keep embracing the passion for tech!
Our Repo Picks
- apitable/apitable (TypeScript): 🚀🎉📚 APITable, an API-oriented low-code platform for building collaborative apps and better than all other Airtable open-source alternatives.
- bregman-arie/devops-exercises (Python): Linux, Jenkins, AWS, SRE, Prometheus, Docker, Python, Ansible, Git, Kubernetes, Terraform, OpenStack, SQL, NoSQL, Azure, GCP, DNS, Elastic, Network, Virtualization. DevOps Interview Questions
- fuergaosi233/wechat-chatgpt (TypeScript): Use ChatGPT On Wechat via wechaty
- geohot/tinygrad (Python): You like pytorch? You like micrograd? You love tinygrad! ❤️
- acheong08/ChatGPT (Python): Reverse engineered ChatGPT API. Uses official model same as the website.
- karpathy/nn-zero-to-hero (Jupyter Notebook): Neural Networks: Zero to Hero
- flutter/news_toolkit (Dart): A news template application built in Flutter, by Google and Very Good Ventures. Learn more at: https://flutter.github.io/news_toolkit
- transitive-bullshit/chatgpt-api (TypeScript): Node.js client for the unofficial ChatGPT API. 🔥
- hwchase17/chat-langchain (Python): undefined
- notepad-plus-plus/notepad-plus-plus (C++): Notepad++ official repository
- apache/dubbo (Java): Apache Dubbo is a high-performance, java based, open source RPC framework.
- lencx/ChatGPT (Rust): 🔮 ChatGPT Desktop Application (Mac, Windows and Linux)
- Evil0ctal/Douyin_TikTok_Download_API (Python): 🚀「Douyin_TikTok_Download_API」是一个开箱即用的高性能异步抖音|TikTok 数据爬取工具，支持 API 调用，在线批量解析及下载。
- yhirose/cpp-httplib (C++): A C++ header-only HTTP/HTTPS server and client library
- codecrafters-io/build-your-own-x : Master programming by recreating your favorite technologies from scratch.
- m-bain/whisperX (Python): WhisperX: Automatic Speech Recognition with Word-level Timestamps (& Diarization)
- microsoft/winget-cli (C++): Windows Package Manager CLI (aka winget)
- Snailclimb/JavaGuide (Java): 「Java 学习+面试指南」一份涵盖大部分 Java 程序员所需要掌握的核心知识。准备 Java 面试，首选 JavaGuide！
- udlbook/udlbook (Jupyter Notebook): Understanding Deep Learning - Simon J.D. Prince
- ant-design/ant-design (TypeScript): An enterprise-class UI design language and React UI library
- tiann/KernelSU (C): A Kernel based root solution for Android
- Nutlope/twitterbio (TypeScript): Generate your Twitter bio with OpenAI and Vercel Edge Functions.
- iperov/DeepFaceLab (Python): DeepFaceLab is the leading software for creating deepfakes.
- TheAlgorithms/Rust (Rust): All Algorithms implemented in Rust
Our Article Picks
- Archit Sharma: 10 GitHub repositories to advance your career as a Developer 📚
- 💡Piyush Kesarwani: Must have websites for every Frontend Web developer
- Ram Maheshwari ⚡: Build These 5 Projects To Get Hired As A Junior React Developer 🤯🔥
- Maria 🍦 Marshmallow: 10 best GitHub repos for developers ✅
- Jatin Sharma: Chrome Extensions of the Month - January 2023
- Ben Halpern: Welcome @devintelbyte, the 1 millionth registered DEV!
- Eduard Iudinkov: Creating the effect of traveling through space
- ABU SAID: Top 20 React.JS interview questions.
- javinpaul: My Favorite System Design Interview Questions and Coding Problems
- Leonardo Montini: Autocomplete and Artificial Intelligence in your Terminal
- Lucy Linder: I challenged myself to read every day, and it changed my life 📚
- Saurabh Dashora: 9 Must-Know Rules for Writing Clean Code
- Maria 🍦 Marshmallow: Defect life cycle in API testing ⚙️
- Maxim Orlov: 7 Awesome Free APIs for Your Next Node.js Project
- Suraj Vishwakarma: Awesome AI tools to assist you in coding
- Pavan Belagatti: A Step-by-Step Guide to Continuous Integration for Your Node.js Application
- Thomas Sentre: 20 Git Commands That Will Make You a Version Control Pro.
- Kathryn Grayson Nanz: Understanding Color and Accessibility
- Pierre Chollet: Easily deploy your portfolio website with AWS CDK 🚀
- Charlie Carr: 6 Approaches for Data Fetching in React
- Asrin: Event driven architectures using AWS with example
- Dipesh Jaiswal: React Email First Look 🎉
- Ben Halpern: Meme Monday 👁
- Nick Taylor: Twitter charging for API usage starting Feb. 9th
- Fredy Andrei: How to create a Simple & Modern Profile Card using TailwindCSS in 2023
- Erin Bensinger: #DEVDiscuss: to Specialize or to Generalize?
- Erin Bensinger: Netlify Acquires GatsbyJS
- Alex (The Engineering Bolt) ⚡: 🚀 20 Engineering Blogs from Product companies (Meta, Uber, Stripe)
- Nilanth: Multi-threaded React App using useWorker
- Gravy59: Tailwind CSS: A critique
- Bonnie: How I Make $1K+ Online Per Month With Technical Writing
- Steve Sewell: TypeScript Utility Types You Need to Know
- Andy Piper: Analysing which Mastodon apps I've used
- Lawrence O.: Asset Pipeline JS Migration
- Francisco Mendes: Build TypeSafe Node API using tRPC, Fastify, Kysely and Atlas CLI
- Michael Lin: Why I Quit a $450,000 Engineering Job at Netflix
- Archit Sharma: 10 Free Data Science Certification Courses By Google📚
- Junior: 5 tips to improve backend integration, React with Axios
- Ishan Manandhar: Custom Schema Validation in TypeScript with Zod
- ABU SAID: Portfolio website for the developer
- Michael Tharrington (he/him): Top 7 Featured DEV Posts from the Past Week
- Christian Heilmann: Releasing code in large corporations is slow - and there is a good reason for it
- Void⚡: How to Ace Coding Interviews — 21 Problem Solving Lessons
- Erin Bensinger: Twitter to revoke free access to the Twitter API beginning Feb 9
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄