TLWI Dev #114
Welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter! We have an exciting lineup of topics to share with you, so let's jump right in.
First up, we have Neural Networks: Zero to Hero. This is a must-read for anyone looking to gain a deeper understanding of neural networks. Whether you're a beginner or have some experience, this article will take you on a journey from the basics to more advanced concepts.
Next, we have 5 principles of readable code: KISS | YAGNI | DRY | BDU | Occam's razor. These principles are essential for any developer looking to write clean, maintainable, and efficient code. Don't skip this section if you want to take your coding skills to the next level.
For all you Go language enthusiasts out there, we have the perfect project for you - A Go (Golang) Backend Clean Architecture project with Gin, MongoDB, JWT Authentication Middleware, Test, and Docker. This project is a great example of how to create a scalable and robust backend architecture using Go. Plus, it includes some of the latest technologies like Gin, MongoDB, and Docker.
If you're a fan of software design patterns, then you'll love our curated list of software and architecture related design patterns. This list includes some of the most commonly used patterns in the industry, along with examples of how they can be applied.
Last but not least, we have Fetch with Typescript for better HTTP API Clients. This article dives into how to use Typescript with Fetch, a modern replacement for XMLHttpRequest, to create more robust and maintainable HTTP API clients. This is a great read for anyone looking to improve their API handling skills.
That's it for this week's newsletter! We hope you find these links to be valuable resources for your personal and professional development. Happy learning!
Our Repo Picks
- DataTalksClub/data-engineering-zoomcamp (Jupyter Notebook): Free Data Engineering course!
- sickcodes/Docker-OSX (Shell): Run macOS VM in a Docker! Run near native OSX-KVM in Docker! X11 Forwarding! CI/CD for OS X Security Research! Docker mac Containers.
- hwchase17/langchain (Python): ⚡ Building applications with LLMs through composability ⚡
- jerryjliu/gpt_index (Python): An index created by GPT to organize external information and answer queries!
- facebook/folly (C++): An open-source C++ library developed and used at Facebook.
- ultralytics/ultralytics (Python): YOLOv8 🚀 in PyTorch > ONNX > CoreML > TFLite
- ReagentX/imessage-exporter (Rust): Export MacOS iMessage data + run iMessage Diagnostics
- microsoft/AI-For-Beginners (Jupyter Notebook): 12 Weeks, 24 Lessons, AI for All!
- sczhou/CodeFormer (Python): [NeurIPS 2022] Towards Robust Blind Face Restoration with Codebook Lookup Transformer
- danielgross/whatsapp-gpt (Go): undefined
- cloudflare/wildebeest (TypeScript): Wildebeest is an ActivityPub and Mastodon-compatible server
- Dimillian/IceCubesApp (Swift): A SwiftUI Mastodon client
- karpathy/nn-zero-to-hero (Jupyter Notebook): Neural Networks: Zero to Hero
- WerWolv/ImHex (C++): 🔍 A Hex Editor for Reverse Engineers, Programmers and people who value their retinas when working at 3 AM.
- amitshekhariitbhu/go-backend-clean-architecture (Go): A Go (Golang) Backend Clean Architecture project with Gin, MongoDB, JWT Authentication Middleware, Test, and Docker.
- leptos-rs/leptos (Rust): Build fast web applications with Rust.
- alpkeskin/mosint (Go): An automated e-mail OSINT tool
- williamyang1991/VToonify (Jupyter Notebook): [SIGGRAPH Asia 2022] VToonify: Controllable High-Resolution Portrait Video Style Transfer
- DovAmir/awesome-design-patterns : A curated list of software and architecture related design patterns.
- ehulinsky/AnalogChess (Python): Chess but no grid
- pynecone-io/pynecone (Python): 🕸 Web apps in pure Python 🐍
- massgravel/Microsoft-Activation-Scripts (Batchfile): A Windows and Office activator using HWID / KMS38 / Online KMS activation methods, with a focus on open-source code and fewer antivirus detections.
Our Article Picks
- Alicia Sykes: CLI tools you won't be able to live without 🔧
- Andrew Baisden: 51 AI tools you should be using for life, programming, content creation and everything else
- 💡Piyush Kesarwani: 9 Fantastic websites every developer must know
- Luka Dušak: The Only Markdown Cheatsheet You Will Ever Need
- Maria 🍦 Marshmallow: 5 principles of readable code: KISS | YAGNI | DRY | BDU | Occam's razor
- Ashish Patel: Mastering the Art of Writing Effective GitHub Commit Messages
- Arafat: 15 Useful React Custom Hooks That You Can Use In Any Project
- Dennis Persson: Complete Guide To Make You a Regex Guru
- Ridhwana Khan: Documenting Forem's v1 API
- Jatin Sharma: How to use Google Analytics Data API
- Victoria Crawford: Layoffs: It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
- Ram Maheshwari ⚡: Build an Effective Junior Developer Portfolio That Will Get You Hired 👨💻🔥
- Lovepreet Singh: Scale Node JS App using Cluster Module
- Johongir: 5 Full-Stack Project Ideas for 2023
- Fatemeh Paghar: 𝟭𝟬 𝗪𝗲𝗯 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗕𝗼𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗶𝘁𝘆
- Alvaro Montoro: CSS nesting is coming
- Marcelo Arias: Enhance your READMEs with native Mermaid diagrams
- Steve Sewell: Simpler CSS Selectors With :is()
- anes: Beginners guide on how not to abandon that one project
- Fredy Andrei: Top 5+ Best Free ReactJS Admin Dashboard Templates for 2023
- Erin Bensinger: #DevDiscuss: Passwordless Authentication
- Ben Halpern: Meme Monday 🌻
- Michael Tharrington (he/him): Top 7 Featured DEV Posts from the Past Week
- Lee Reilly: Top five Godot games and source code from Game Off 2022
- Ruben Casas: Modals with React Router 6 and Remix
- Michael: Get notified when there are commits to pull in VS Code
- Rahul Bagal: 2023's Top Development Projects for Programmers: A Complete List of Tutorials and Tools for Mastering the Latest Technologies
- Erin Bensinger: Twitter cuts off access to its API for third-party app developers
- jmau111⭐: SELinux: Beginner's guide
- Maria 🍦 Marshmallow: Introduction to Google APIs: pt. 1
- Michael Jolley: How Does GPT-3 Work?
- Afonso Barracha: NestJS Authentication with OAuth2.0: Configuration and Operations
- Tanmay Vaish: Why Golang is a Good Choice for Developers in 2023
- Only Devs: 10 Chrome Extensions Every Web Developer Should Know
- Void⚡: Resume Writing Secrets: 25 Tips to Get You Hired
- Necati Özmen: refine Hackathon with $1500 prize!
- Ricardo Sueiras: AWS open source newsletter, #141
- Ezinne Anne😎👩🏿💻: Top 8 Paid Open Source Programs To Apply To in 2023
- Simon: Fetch with Typescript for better HTTP API Clients
- Arafat: Best Design Trends of 2023
- Pierre Bouillon: Getting started with integration testing for your Minimal API
- Pierre Chollet: sls-mentor: your serverless quality teacher has arrived!
- Rahul Bagal: CSS Generators
- MiguelMJ: My blogging journey until now - I'm moving to Hashnode
- Liam Hall: Understanding and Utilising TypeScript, by example
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄