TLWI Dev #108
Hello dev friends! Welcome to another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter. This week has been nothing short of amazing, so let's get right into it.
First off, we have some incredible news from one of our own. Drum roll please 🥁, I am a Google Developer Expert! 🚀 Yep, you read that right. Congrats to our very own Google Developer Expert, who has made us proud by achieving such an illustrious feat. We can't wait to see what amazing things our expert will do next.
If you are looking to build an e-commerce store with Vue.js and Node.js, look no further than How I Built a Vue.js Ecommerce Store with a Node.js Backend. Here, you will find all the information you need to create an impressive online store using these two popular technologies. Whether this is your first time or you are a seasoned developer, there is something to learn for everyone.
The DEV platform recently announced that the #openai and #gpt3 tags are now officially "supported". Click here to check out this update and see how you can get started on this exciting development path. We can't wait to see what new projects and innovation will come from this addition.
For anyone using GitHub Actions, you know the importance of runner images. They provide a secure and custom execution environment for your workflows. Developers will be pleased to know that the service now offers free GitHub Actions runner images. Head over to the link to take full advantage of this exciting update.
Lastly, we have a new cross-platform GUI written in Rust using ADB to debloat non-rooted Android devices. With this new tool, you can improve your privacy, the security and battery life of your device. Want to learn more about it? Check out this link and see how easy it is to use.
That's it for this week's edition! Until next time, happy coding!
Our Repo Picks
- apple/ml-stable-diffusion (Python): Stable Diffusion with Core ML on Apple Silicon
- ggerganov/whisper.cpp (C): Port of OpenAI's Whisper model in C/C++
- thangchung/go-coffeeshop (Go): ☕ A practical event-driven microservices demo built with Golang. Nomad, Consul Connect, Vault, and Terraform for deployment
- invoke-ai/InvokeAI (Jupyter Notebook): This version of Stable Diffusion features a slick WebGUI, an interactive command-line script that combines text2img and img2img functionality in a "dream bot" style interface, and multiple features and other enhancements. For more info, see the website link below.
- PKUFlyingPig/cs-self-learning (HTML): 计算机自学指南
- doocs/leetcode (Java): 😏 LeetCode solutions in any programming language | 多种编程语言实现 LeetCode、《剑指 Offer（第 2 版）》、《程序员面试金典（第 6 版）》题解
- t3l3machus/Villain (Python): Villain is a Windows & Linux backdoor generator and multi-session handler that allows users to connect with sibling servers (other machines running Villain) and share their backdoor sessions, handy for working as a team.
- cnlohr/mini-rv32ima (C): A tiny C header-only risc-v emulator.
- dotnetcore/FastGithub (C#): github 加速神器，解决 github 打不开、用户头像无法加载、releases 无法上传下载、git-clone、git-pull、git-push 失败等问题
- mxrch/GHunt (Python): 🕵️♂️ Offensive Google framework.
- Netflix/conductor (Java): Conductor is a microservices orchestration engine.
- openai/openai-python (Python): undefined
- 0x192/universal-android-debloater (Rust): Cross-platform GUI written in Rust using ADB to debloat non-rooted android devices. Improve your privacy, the security and battery life of your device.
- elementor/elementor (PHP): The most advanced frontend drag & drop page builder. Create high-end, pixel perfect websites at record speeds. Any theme, any page, any design.
- tw93/Pake (Rust): 🤱🏻 A simple way to make any web page a desktop application using Rust. 🤱🏻 很简单的用 Rust 打包网页生成很小的桌面 App
- AleoHQ/snarkOS (Rust): A Decentralized Operating System for ZK Applications
- actions/runner-images (PowerShell): GitHub Actions runner images
- flutter/flutter (Dart): Flutter makes it easy and fast to build beautiful apps for mobile and beyond
- openai/openai-cookbook (Python): Examples and guides for using the OpenAI API
- qbittorrent/qBittorrent (C++): qBittorrent BitTorrent client
- sickcodes/Docker-OSX (Shell): Run macOS VM in a Docker! Run near native OSX-KVM in Docker! X11 Forwarding! CI/CD for OS X Security Research! Docker mac Containers.
- charlax/engineering-management (Shell): A collection of inspiring resources related to engineering management and tech leadership
- Anduin2017/HowToCook (Shell): 程序员在家做饭方法指南。Programmer's guide about how to cook at home (Chinese only).
- hehonghui/awesome-english-ebooks (CSS): 经济学人(含音频)、纽约客、卫报、连线、大西洋月刊等英语杂志免费下载,支持 epub、mobi、pdf 格式, 每周更新
Our Article Picks
- Alicia Sykes: Super Useful CSS Resources 🌈
- Al - Naubit: 5 Small and Hidden React libraries You Should Already Be Using
- Al - Naubit: Why using just console.log in 2023 is a big no-no 🚀
- Nevo David: Creating an upvote system with React and Socket.io 🥳 🔝
- Pragati Verma: How JWTs Could Be Dangerous and Its Alternatives
- Jakub Andrzejewski: I am a Google Developer Expert! 🚀
- Nadav Abrahami: Introducing Codux
- Ben Halpern: The Difference Between ChatGPT and GPT-3
- Bentil Shadrack: Why use NextJS?
- Noble Okechi: How I Built a Vue.js Ecommerce Store with a Node.js Backend
- Mike Pearson: I changed my mind. Angular needs a reactive primitive
- Ben Halpern: The #openai and #gpt3 tags are now officially "supported" on DEV
- Jatin Sharma: How to Test GraphQL API
- Chris Bongers: Submit button outside the form
- Void⚡: Consistency Tips for Developers That Actually Work
- Pramit Marattha: Kubernetes: What It Is, How It Works, and Why It's A Game changer
- Ben Halpern: I asked ChatGPT to refactor the Forem StoriesController
- Void⚡: I’ve Got 99 Problems but Learning TypeScript Ain’t One
- José Pablo Ramírez Vargas: How to Invalidate JWT Tokens Without Collecting Tokens
- Sean Larkin: Split a commit into 2 commits with
- Antoine Mesnil: Code faster with custom VScode snippets
- Bernard Bado: I Automated Daily Standups for Developers
- Leigh Ola: Creating a Telegram chatbot with ChatGPT: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Jen Chan: Maintaining a Healthy-Enough Mindset through Uncertainty
- mohsen: 7 websites to get inspiration for next level web design
- Ben Halpern: Meme Tuesday! 🤨
- mahmoud: top 26 Interviewer Questions You Should know
- Douglas Makey Mendez Molero: Understanding Unix Domain Sockets in Golang
- Shubhangi✨: Importance of soft skills in technical roles
- Phil Nash: Better two factor authentication experiences with WebOTP
- Brandon Weaver: To Be Known for our Kindness
- Thomas Reggi: Stack Overflow Bans Answers from ChatGPT
- Nick Taylor: Yet Another Newsletter LOL: Solid!
- Chris Bongers: Too much, and yet not enough
- BekahHW: What are the coolest uses of AI you've seen in the last couple of weeks?
- mohsen: 7 popular Icon libraries you can use in your websites
- Chris Bongers: Working with data attributes in CSS
- Nicolas Frankel: Web resource caching: Server-side
- Nomadev💻🔱: 5 Movies that are a must-watch for Developers
- Chris Bongers: Using CSS counters
- Suraj Vishwakarma: How I build Register and Login page using Supabase
- Francesco Ciulla: What is Rust?
- Bobby Iliev: 10 ideas for SaaS startups in 2023 - by ChatGPT
- Chris Bongers: A look at HSL colors
- Chris Bongers: Animate an SVG path with CSS
- Andrew Shearer: I Used ChatGPT to Answer Questions on Stack Overflow
- Bobur Umurzokov: How to choose the right API Style and Technology
- SHIVANSH PATEL: Important Git Commands which every developer needs in his day to day life
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄