TLWI Dev #106
Welcome back readers! It's another exciting week with our newsletter jam-packed with amazing links. Are you ready? Here are our top picks:
First up, we have an incredible project combining Dockerized React & Django. This free sample project will blow your socks off with its impressive features. Let's just say it's a match made in heaven.
Next on our list is the Golang LRU cache. If you're a keen developer, then you know the value of making your code run faster. This cache is a great way to ensure your app performs optimally.
For our Mandarin speaking readers, we have a fantastic resource 计算机自学指南. It's a comprehensive guide to teaching yourself computer science in Chinese. It's perfect for anyone looking to learn the basics or those seeking a refresher course.
Our fourth pick is a riveting read. It's about how a tech company managed to achieve 15,000 GH stars in a year. Yes, you read that right! This article is full of inspiring insights that you won't want to miss.
Last but definitely not least, we have the most beautiful Todolist with React Native and Socket.io tutorial. It's the perfect way to brush up on your coding skills while deepening your understanding of React Native and Socket.io technology.
That brings us to the end of our newsletter. We hope you enjoy reading and find these links useful. Until next time, keep coding and keep learning!
Our Repo Picks
- usememos/memos (TypeScript): An open-source, self-hosted memo hub with knowledge management and collaboration.
- chubin/cheat.sh (Python): the only cheat sheet you need
- PKUFlyingPig/cs-self-learning (HTML): 计算机自学指南
- codecrafters-io/build-your-own-x : Master programming by recreating your favorite technologies from scratch.
- facebook/sapling (Rust): A Scalable, User-Friendly Source Control System.
- mastodon/mastodon (Ruby): Your self-hosted, globally interconnected microblogging community
- AykutSarac/jsoncrack.com (TypeScript): 🔮 Seamlessly visualize your JSON data instantly into graphs; paste, import or fetch!
- UberGuidoZ/Flipper (Batchfile): Playground (and dump) of stuff I make or modify for the Flipper Zero
- ggerganov/whisper.cpp (C): Port of OpenAI's Whisper model in C/C++
- novuhq/novu (TypeScript): The Open-Source Notifications Platform. Add a working notification center to your app in minutes. 🚀
- teaxyz/cli (TypeScript): the unified package manager (brew2)
- NVlabs/instant-ngp (Cuda): Instant neural graphics primitives: lightning fast NeRF and more
- sherlock-project/sherlock (Python): 🔎 Hunt down social media accounts by username across social networks
- TanStack/router (TypeScript): 🤖 Type-safe router w/ built-in caching & URL state management for JS/TS, React, Preact, Solid, Vue, Svelte and Angular
- superseriousbusiness/gotosocial (Go): Fast, fun, ActivityPub server, powered by Go.
- paperswithcode/galai (Python): Model API for GALACTICA
- xuxiaodong/usingcli-book (TeX): 像黑客一样使用命令行
- hashicorp/golang-lru (Go): Golang LRU cache
- GreptimeTeam/greptimedb (Rust): GreptimeDB, an open-source, cloud-native, distributed time-series database.
- google/flatbuffers (C++): FlatBuffers: Memory Efficient Serialization Library
- mastodon/mastodon-ios (Swift): Official iOS app for Mastodon
- sindresorhus/awesome : 😎 Awesome lists about all kinds of interesting topics
Our Article Picks
- Alicia Sykes: Fun with console.log() 💿
- Fabrizio Lallo: Node.js visualized: Event Loop Phases
- Bobur Umurzokov: How to choose the right API Gateway
- Tarun Mankar: 10 FREE SVG Icon Libraries For Front-End Developers
- Samina Rahman Purba: ✨Today I Learned: The Subtle Art of Code Reviews 💡✨
- Nevo David: How to build the most beautiful Todolist with React Native and Socket.io 🎉
- Nicolas Frankel: A poor man's API
- BekahHW: Writing Your First Conference Proposal
- Andy Piper: A 🦣 opportunity for developers
- Ankit Anand ✨: Winston Logger - Full tutorial with a sample Nodejs application
- Nicklas Gellner: 15,000 GH stars in a year: how we did it 🤩
- ajcwebdev: a first look at solidstart
- Junya: What I would like to do after reading The Pragmatic Programmer
- Michael Tharrington (he/him): Big Thanks to All Our Mods! 🙌
- Shai Almog: Why I Don't do TDD
- TechWorld with Nana: Is DevOps right for you? 🤔 13 Points to consider
- Ben Halpern: Meme... Tuesday? 🤔
- Stas Melnikov: My favorite CSS authors that must be read
- Michael Tharrington (he/him): Top 7 Featured DEV Posts from the Past Week
- Mysterio: CSS :is(),:where(),:has() and :not()
- Mike Pearson: How to refactor to reactivity
- Christopher Glikpo: 5 GitHub Repositories every Developer should know
- Maxi Contieri: Content Structure: The Do's and Dont's of Content Creation
- Matt Angelosanto: The 6 best CSS background generators
- Ponikar: My React Native Journey
- Abbey Perini: #gitPanic - Removing and Restoring Work
- Michael Tharrington (he/him): What was your win this week?
- Jean-Michel Fayard 🇫🇷🇩🇪🇬🇧🇪🇸🇨🇴: git is not the end of history
- Tomas Fernandez: 36 Questions to Ask Your Future Software Employer
- BekahHW: Making Better Meetings
- Alvaro Montoro: What image format should you use in your next project?
- Leonardo Montini: Resolving Merge Conflicts with Visual Studio Code
- Nick Taylor: Have you moved from Twitter to Mastodon for social media?
- Suraj Vishwakarma: Awesome Websites for UI Components
- Gloria Maldonado ✪: All About Shopify Analytics
- Salma Alam-Naylor: A responsive striped CSS gradient inspired by 80s VHS tapes
- Batuhan Ipci: The perfect open-sourcer does not exist
- Sm0ke: Dockerized React & Django - Free Sample Project
- dev.to staff: Welcome Thread - v201
- BekahHW: Who or what are you grateful for in tech?
- Bryan: Create Node app using Docker without installing Node Locally
- Necati Özmen: How to Create Dynamic Forms in React CRUD app with Ant Design
- ByteHide: Senior C# Developer Shows 5 Tips To Master Your C# Level
- David Morrow: Speed up your code with Promise.all
- Glaucia Lemos: Free Course - Learn: A Full Stack Application with Azure SQL and Prisma
- Maxi Contieri: Code Smell 180 - BitWise Optimizations
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄