TLWI Dev #103
Greetings and salutations, readers! Another week, another batch of exciting tech news to delve into. We've got some amazing Docker extensions that stoked our tech fires, and if you haven't tried them out yet, then you're missing out!
But that's not all. We also have a very nice tutorial on how to deploy a React app within 10 minutes with AWS Amplify and Route 53. Nothing empowers our dev spirits quite like a quick, fuss-free deployment!
Unfortunately, there's some sad news from the Twittersphere. It's been reported that Twitter might lay off about half of its workforce. Let's all hope for the best for those affected by the layoffs.
On a more positive note, we're pretty hyped over the demo that showcases the power of the AWS Parameters and Secrets Lambda Extension, built on the AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK). CDK for the win!
Lastly, we're doing something special for those who experience imposter syndrome. It's more common than you think, and we've sourced some great resources to help you overcome it. Don't give up, we believe in you!
That's all for this edition of our newsletter. Let us know if there's anything you'd like to see in next week's newsletter, and until then, happy coding!
Our Repo Picks
- dudykr/stc (Rust): Speedy TypeScript type checker
- charmbracelet/vhs (Go): Your CLI home video recorder 📼
- openssl/openssl (C): TLS/SSL and crypto library
- jeecgboot/jeecg-boot (Java): ⭐️「企业级低代码平台」前后端分离架构 SpringBoot 2.x，SpringCloud，Ant Design&Vue，Mybatis，Shiro，JWT。强大的代码生成器让前后端代码一键生成，无需写任何代码! 引领新的开发模式 OnlineCoding->代码生成->手工 MERGE，帮助 Java 项目解决 70%重复工作，让开发更关注业务，既能快速提高效率，帮助公司节省成本，同时又不失灵活性。
- mastodon/mastodon (Ruby): Your self-hosted, globally interconnected microblogging community
- Sanster/lama-cleaner (Python): Image inpainting tool powered by SOTA AI Model. Remove any unwanted object, defect, people from your pictures or erase and replace(powered by stable diffusion) any thing on your pictures.
- jellyfin/jellyfin (C#): The Free Software Media System
- facebookresearch/encodec (Python): State-of-the-art deep learning based audio codec supporting both mono 24 kHz audio and stereo 48 kHz audio.
- pocketbase/pocketbase (Go): Open Source realtime backend in 1 file
- XavierXiao/Dreambooth-Stable-Diffusion (Jupyter Notebook): Implementation of Dreambooth (https://arxiv.org/abs/2208.12242) with Stable Diffusion
- TheLastBen/fast-stable-diffusion (Python): fast-stable-diffusion, +25-50% speed increase + memory efficient + DreamBooth
- remix-run/remix (TypeScript): Build Better Websites. Create modern, resilient user experiences with web fundamentals.
- SagerNet/sing-box (Go): The universal proxy platform
- answerdev/answer (Go): An open-source knowledge based community software. You can use it to quickly build your Q&A community for product technical support, customer support, user communication, and more.
- jwasham/coding-interview-university : A complete computer science study plan to become a software engineer.
- simeydotme/pokemon-cards-css (Svelte): A collection of advanced CSS styles to create realistic-looking effects for the faces of Pokemon cards.
- TheAlgorithms/Rust (Rust): All Algorithms implemented in Rust
- mattermost/focalboard (TypeScript): Focalboard is an open source, self-hosted alternative to Trello, Notion, and Asana.
- stashapp/stash (Go): An organizer for your porn, written in Go
- microsoft/PowerToys (C#): Windows system utilities to maximize productivity
- commaai/openpilot (Python): openpilot is an open source driver assistance system. openpilot performs the functions of Automated Lane Centering and Adaptive Cruise Control for over 200 supported car makes and models.
- tachiyomiorg/tachiyomi (Kotlin): Free and open source manga reader for Android.
- ziglang/zig (Zig): General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaining robust, optimal, and reusable software.
Our Article Picks
- Nevo David: Creating a registration and a login with two-factor authentication on React 🤩
- Pavan Belagatti: 9 Docker Extensions Every Developer Must Try
- Ben Halpern: How to make the most of DEV if you’re over Twitter
- Amr Tawfik: The 7 Best React Component Libraries to Use in 2022
- devkoustav: HTML & CSS Features, Tips For a 10x Faster Page Loading Speed
- Vaibhav Mehta: Folder Structure for NodeJS & ExpressJS project
- Suraj Vishwakarma: Awesome VS Code Extensions for Navigating Large Codebases
- Alvaro Montoro: My Divtober 2022 Drawings
- Jamie Livingstone: Tips to become a great software engineer
- Pato: How to add PayPal checkout payments to your React app
- Stanislav Ilin: I create LinkedIn account 😄
- ThemeWagon: CSS Grid and Flexbox: A Brief Juxtaposition
- Ben Halpern: Twitter is expected to lay off about half of its workforce
- Nick Taylor: What are your tips for working remotely?
- Ben Halpern: What were some of the toughest technologies and concepts for you to grasp along the way?
- Erin Bensinger: #DEVCommunity: Now available via Toot 🦣
- Denis Sedchenko: Go WebAssembly Internals - Part 1
- Ben Halpern: Meme Monday
- Amr Tawfik: 10 Reasons to Become a Front-End Developer
- Avi Avinav: Remix & Shopify: Circumvent Shopify’s APIs and go open source
- Luca Del Puppo: Validate your data with Zod
- Albérico Junior: Git Commands Every Developer Should Know
- Necati Özmen: Top 6 Free Online Code Editors and IDEs with Pros and Cons
- Erin Bensinger: Best Mastodon servers...go 🦣
- Evert Pot: Taking a look at Mastodon
- Sm0ke: Django Dynamic DataTables - Free Library
- Orlandov14: How to check if your libraries are vulnerable?
- Bentil Shadrack: Ways to Improve Developer Onboarding on an existing codebase
- Valentin BEGGI: Don’t be a CRUD boomer 👨🦳, check out this new Event Sourcing library!
- Helitha Rupasinghe: 8 Google Chrome add-ons to simplify your life (I'm sure).
- Erin Bensinger: Follow Friday: IoT Edition (4 November 2022)
- Luca Del Puppo: Working with Github from your best editor
- Nick Taylor: Bye for now VSCodeTips community!
- Bohdan Stupak: Implementing clean architecture in Go
- Samuel Olubayo: Deploy React App in 10 minutes with AWS Amplify and Route 53
- Necati Özmen: Next.js getInitialProps and getServerSideProps
- Ankita Kulkarni: Create a culture of Psychological Safety in Engineering
- BekahHW: Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
- Michelle Mannering: Why 'release' a project? How to automate releases
- Anjana Vakil: Searching for retro games with Xata & Next.js 13
- Jakub Andrzejewski: Building custom plugins for Vite
- Agnieszka Stec: See how others' changes compare to your own in VS Code
- Shrihari Mohan: Navbar with background blur! Aesthetic look in 2 lines of code .
- Chetan: CRUD API with Go and PostgreSQL
- 🚀 Vu Dao 🚀: AWS Parameters and Secrets Lambda Extension Demo Using AWS CDK
- Oxylabs: Web Scraping With PHP | Ultimate Tutorial
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄