TLWI Dev #101
Welcome to our weekly newsletter, friends! It's that time of the week where we bring you the most exciting and informative links in technology. Are you ready? Let's dive in!
First things first, Signs that your PHP code needs refactoring! All developers have encountered the need to refactor their code at some point. But, how can you tell when it's time? This article will give you some clear warning signs to watch out for. Trust us, it's better to refactor your code before it's too late! Don't say we didn't warn you.
Up next, Some less popular git commands that can really improve your workflow. You're probably already familiar with some of the most commonly used git commands like "git commit" and "git push." But, did you know there are other hidden gems that can save you a ton of time and headaches? Don't miss the chance to level up your git skills with this article!
Ready for a challenge? Then, this one's for you: How to Set Up a Fullstack Rust Project with Axum, React, Vite, and Shared Types. This tutorial will walk you through the process of building a fullstack web application using Rust. Are you up for it?
Now, let's talk about something that's sure to make your users happy: Lazy Loading in images with React JS 😴. Have you ever been frustrated by slow page load times caused by large image files? This article shows you how to implement lazy loading to make your website more efficient, faster, and user-friendly.
Last but not least, 🕶 What it takes to build a Static Analysis tool. In a world where time is everything, static analysis tools are becoming more and more popular. But, what goes into building one? This article will give you a behind-the-scenes look.
That's it for this week's newsletter folks! We hope you enjoyed the links and learned something new. Stay curious!
Our Repo Picks
- dragonflydb/dragonfly (C++): A modern replacement for Redis and Memcached
- The-Run-Philosophy-Organization/run : 润学全球官方指定 GITHUB，整理润学宗旨、纲领、理论和各类润之实例；解决为什么润，润去哪里，怎么润三大问题； 并成为新中国人的核心宗教，核心信念。
- koishijs/novelai-bot (TypeScript): Generate images by NovelAI | 基于 NovelAI 的画图机器人
- facebook/folly (C++): An open-source C++ library developed and used at Facebook.
- danielgatis/rembg (Python): Rembg is a tool to remove images background.
- o3de/o3de (C++): Open 3D Engine (O3DE) is an Apache 2.0-licensed multi-platform 3D engine that enables developers and content creators to build AAA games, cinema-quality 3D worlds, and high-fidelity simulations without any fees or commercial obligations.
- mobile-dev-inc/maestro (Kotlin): Painless Mobile UI Automation
- FedML-AI/FedML (Python): FedML - The federated learning and analytics library enabling secure and collaborative machine learning on decentralized data anywhere at any scale. Supporting large-scale cross-silo federated learning, cross-device federated learning on smartphones/IoTs, and research simulation. MLOps and App Marketplace are also enabled (https://open.fedml.ai).
- Unity-Technologies/game-programming-patterns-demo (C#): A repo of small demos that assemble some of the well-known design patterns in Unity development to support the ebook "Level up your code with game programming patterns"
- Eugeny/tabby (TypeScript): A terminal for a more modern age
- moyix/fauxpilot (Python): FauxPilot - an open-source GitHub Copilot server
- halfrost/LeetCode-Go (Go): ✅ Solutions to LeetCode by Go, 100% test coverage, runtime beats 100% / LeetCode 题解
- MystenLabs/sui (Rust): Sui, a next-generation smart contract platform with high throughput, low latency, and an asset-oriented programming model powered by the Move programming language
- dotnetcore/FastGithub (C#): github 加速神器，解决 github 打不开、用户头像无法加载、releases 无法上传下载、git-clone、git-pull、git-push 失败等问题
- cisagov/RedEye (TypeScript): RedEye is a visual analytic tool supporting Red & Blue Team operations
- PolyMC/PolyMC (C++): A custom launcher for Minecraft that allows you to easily manage multiple installations of Minecraft at once (Fork of MultiMC)
- GrowingGit/GitHub-Chinese-Top-Charts (Java): 🇨🇳 GitHub 中文排行榜，各语言分设「软件 | 资料」榜单，精准定位中文好项目。各取所需，高效学习。
- aptos-labs/aptos-core (Rust): A layer 1 for everyone!
- hua1995116/awesome-ai-painting : AI 绘画资料合集（包含国内外可使用平台、使用教程、参数教程、部署教程、业界新闻等等）
- ethereum-lists/chains (Kotlin): provides metadata for networkIDs and chainIDs
- GorvGoyl/Clone-Wars : 100+ open-source clones of popular sites like Airbnb, Amazon, Instagram, Netflix, Tiktok, Spotify, Whatsapp, Youtube etc. See source code, demo links, tech stack, github stars.
- AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui (Python): Stable Diffusion web UI
- PaddlePaddle/PaddleOCR (Python): Awesome multilingual OCR toolkits based on PaddlePaddle (practical ultra lightweight OCR system, support 80+ languages recognition, provide data annotation and synthesis tools, support training and deployment among server, mobile, embedded and IoT devices)
Our Article Picks
- Nevo David: Building a chat app with Socket.io and React Native 🤯
- Sam Magura: Why We're Breaking Up with CSS-in-JS
- Jakub Pomykała: What is CORS?
- Dayvster 🌊: React Just Got Even More Awesome
- Tapajyoti Bose: 6 Cool Things Boring Old HTML Can Do 🤯
- ashish: I made a full-stack and type-safe personal site using the t3-stack (Next.js)!
- merlos: How to write a good README
- Firdavs Kasymov: Restful API with Golang practical approach
- Ekekenta Odioyenfe .C: How to Build a Video Game Store with Medusa and Next.js
- Ben Halpern: This Post is Scheduled for 11:30am US Eastern Time ⏰
- Manuel Odendahl: Don’t be arrogantly ignorant: don’t flame
- Daniel Bellmas: Preload Fonts
- Dylan Britz: 5 Free tailwindcss landing page templates.
- Sebastian Tiedtke: Run your README.md like a notebook in VS Code
- Rahul Banerjee: Do you know these Software Engineering Terms?
- Suraj Vishwakarma: Creating Skeleton Loading Animation in React
- Ege Aytın: Why Google Build Zanzibar ?
- Akash R Chandran: Some less popular git commands
- Vitor: How to grow up and be noticed on your job
- Mahadevan Sreenivasan: Building a fast URL Shortener with Go and Redis
- Ben Halpern: Meme Monday 🦑
- Mustapha Aouas: 5 devtools tips you may want to know 🚀
- Karim Shalapy: How to make a Curved Cutout to any element
- Alex Eagleson: How to Set Up a Fullstack Rust Project with Axum, React, Vite, and Shared Types
- jmau111⭐: Signs that your PHP code needs refactoring
- Rizèl Scarlett: Contribute to open source without knowing how to code
- Michael Tharrington: Top 7 Featured DEV Posts from the Past Week
- 🧩【ℂ𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕒】💡: Deploy your own API and build cool projects
- Roy: How to use JWT to Authenticate Your API
- Nick Taylor: Build framework-agnostic components with Mitosis
- Div Rhino: Build a REST API from scratch with Go, Docker & Postgres
- Hunter Johnson: SQL vs NoSQL: Choosing a database for your next project
- Unni P: Building a local Kubernetes cluster using k3d
- Sm0ke: Django & Stripe - Open-Source Mini eCommerce
- Franklin Martinez: Lazy Loading in images with React JS 😴
- Necati Özmen: Tailwind CSS Grid System
- Samina Rahman Purba: Things I Learned Through My First Hacktoberfest Pull Requests!
- Ervin Szilagyi: Containers: Under the Hood
- Nicolas Frankel: Exceptions in Java lambdas
- Antoine Coulon: 🕶 What it takes to build a Static Analysis tool
- Jeongho Nam: Do not use Swagger but build SDK instead for frontend developers
- Nick Taylor: Repurposing Content for Content Creation
- Josefine Schfr: Speaking at Tech Conferences - Getting Started 🎉
- Gloria W. Maldonado: How to Set up Facebook Pixel on Shopify
- Mike Levan: Monitoring AWS EKS with Grafana and Prometheus
- David Paluy: Github Goodies
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄