TLWI Dev #100
Next, let's talk about monitoring. Specifically, how to effectively monitor AKS with Prometheus and Grafana. Whether you're a seasoned developer or just starting out, this article provides detailed instructions and tips to help you get the most out of your AKS monitoring process.
Ah, logging in. It's a necessary evil in today's digital age, but does anyone actually enjoy it? Our next link tackles the issue head-on by discussing the pain point of logging in and offering practical solutions to make the process smoother and more secure. Say goodbye to password fatigue!
Moving on, we have an interesting read on funding in open source. This article delves into the complexities of funding open source projects and provides valuable insight for both developers and investors alike. It's a must-read for anyone invested in the future of open source.
And finally, we have a controversial topic - the role of QA engineers in software development. This article argues that getting rid of QA engineers is a mistake, providing compelling reasons why they are crucial to the development process.
That's all for this week's newsletter. We hope you find these links informative and thought-provoking. Until next time, happy coding!
Our Repo Picks
- AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui (Python): Stable Diffusion web UI
- ashawkey/stable-dreamfusion (Python): A pytorch implementation of text-to-3D dreamfusion, powered by stable diffusion.
- xcad2k/cheat-sheets : This is my personal knowledge-base. Here you'll find code-snippets, technical documentation, and command reference for various tools, and technologies.
- dail8859/NotepadNext (C++): A cross-platform, reimplementation of Notepad++
- nocodb/nocodb (TypeScript): 🔥 🔥 🔥 Open Source Airtable Alternative
- TencentARC/GFPGAN (Python): GFPGAN aims at developing Practical Algorithms for Real-world Face Restoration.
- wagtail/wagtail (Python): A Django content management system focused on flexibility and user experience
- libsql/libsql (C): libSQL is a fork of SQLite that is both Open Source, and Open Contributions.
- inancgumus/learngo (Go): ❤️ 1000+ Hand-Crafted Go Examples, Exercises, and Quizzes. 🚀 Learn Go by fixing 1000+ tiny programs.
- williamyang1991/VToonify (Jupyter Notebook): [SIGGRAPH Asia 2022] VToonify: Controllable High-Resolution Portrait Video Style Transfer
- nerfstudio-project/nerfstudio (Python): A collaboration friendly studio for NeRFs
- helix-editor/helix (Rust): A post-modern modal text editor.
- facebookincubator/AITemplate (Python): AITemplate is a Python framework which renders neural network into high performance CUDA/HIP C++ code. Specialized for FP16 TensorCore (NVIDIA GPU) and MatrixCore (AMD GPU) inference.
- YunaiV/ruoyi-vue-pro (Java): 🔥 官方推荐 🔥 RuoYi-Vue 全新 Pro 版本，优化重构所有功能。基于 Spring Boot + MyBatis Plus + Vue & Element 实现的后台管理系统 + 微信小程序，支持 RBAC 动态权限、数据权限、SaaS 多租户、Flowable 工作流、三方登录、支付、短信、商城等功能。你的 ⭐️ Star ⭐️，是作者生发的动力！
- bannedbook/fanqiang (Kotlin): 翻墙-科学上网
- dromara/hutool (Java): 🍬A set of tools that keep Java sweet.
- danielgatis/rembg (Python): Rembg is a tool to remove images background.
- PaddlePaddle/PaddleNLP (Python): Easy-to-use and powerful NLP library with Awesome model zoo, supporting wide-range of NLP tasks from research to industrial applications, including Neural Search, Question Answering, Information Extraction and Sentiment Analysis end-to-end system.
- dotnet/csharplang (C#): The official repo for the design of the C# programming language
- psf/black (Python): The uncompromising Python code formatter
- pointfreeco/swift-composable-architecture (Swift): A library for building applications in a consistent and understandable way, with composition, testing, and ergonomics in mind.
Our Article Picks
- Jeroen De Dauw: Advice for Junior Developers
- Smitter hane: Turn around your Git mistakes in 17 ways
- Mustapha Aouas: :where :is CSS?
- Nevo David: Building THE MOST practical Todolist with React and Websockets 🪄✨
- Jeongho Nam: I made 1,000x faster TypeScript Validator Library
- Suraj Vishwakarma: What are the best platforms to write technical articles?
- Sameh Muhammed: How to eliminate if-else chain, for long life software
- Rizèl Scarlett: Should we hire junior developer advocates?
- Dennis Persson: Why You Should Not Be a Reactive Developer
- Mustapha Aouas: Console.time & 4 other webdev tips you may want to know 🚀
- Suraj Vishwakarma: Awesome tools for Coding Practice
- George K.: 16 games for developers
- Ritik Banger: How to write Git commit messages like a Pro!
- Jatin Sharma: How I Made My Portfolio with Next.js
- Ben Halpern: Meme Monday 🐷
- TechWorld with Nana: From Zero to DevOps Engineer - DevOps Roadmap for YOUR specific background 🔥
- Brian Bethencourt: The 7 Most Popular DEV Posts from the Past Week
- Lucia Cerchie: Introduction to Key Apache KafkaⓇ Concepts
- Johnny Simpson: Transporting your Components Anywhere with React Portals
- Necati Özmen: React 18 Upgrade Guide and New Features
- Nick Taylor: Funding in open source
- Ben Halpern: Do you track any personal health data? If so, what and how?
- Stanislav Ilin: Http logs in Flutter app with talker is easy as possible
- Sylwia Vargas: What is pnpm? Is it really so fast and space-efficient?
- Michael Tharrington: Let's help each other find good horror movies!
- Nadia Makarevich: How to fetch data in React with performance in mind
- Juri Strumpflohner: Lerna reborn - What's new in v6?
- Adam Crockett: 😬 Company takeovers, what now?
- Alvaro Montoro: Creating a CSS-Only Toggle Switch
- Elijah Trillionz: You Don't Need To Learn TailwindCSS To Use It
- Guilherme Ananias: DMs do not scale your company
- Yotam: Microservices Shared Libraries — Design and Best Practices
- Asyraf Hussin: Pure CSS Woman With Sunglasses
- Sm0ke: Django & Celery - Open-Source Tasks Manager
- IagoLast: Breve introducción a las arquitecturas limpias.
- Sylwia Vargas: Explain like I’m five: package managers
- Mike Levan: Monitoring AKS With Prometheus and Grafana
- Nevo David: Why I started to work at Novu - Things that you don't want to hear 😡
- Sadee: Aminated Portfolio Website HTML CSS JS | No Frameworks
- Kayode: How I built a live chat with my Ecommerce Store Using Medusa and Rocket.Chat
- Necati Özmen: Why you should prefer using pnpm ?
- Tyler Hawkins: Getting Rid of QA Engineers is a Mistake
- Suhail Kakar: How I Created a React Native Ecommerce App for Medusa's Hackathon
- Michael Tharrington: Discussion and Comment of the Week - v20
- Isaac Lyman: Logging in, a thing we all hate
- Sandi Barr: Angular ESLint Rules for Keyboard Accessibility
- Denislav Gavrilov 👨🚀🤖🤷♂️: Hacktoberfest: No shame in low-code (or no-code)!
Developer Roundup is a weekly roundup blog. Stay tuned for more info on the project. Follow me on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄