📣 Hey there, newsletter pals! Welcome to another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter. We've got a treasure trove of fascinating links lined up just for you. So sit back, relax, and let's dive right in! 🚀
🔮 First up, we have an absolute game-changer for all you web developers out there. Have you ever wondered how to implement infinite scrolling in React? Look no further, because we've got the solution right here! Check out this amazing article on Infinite scrolling using IntersectionObserver in React to unleash the magic of smooth and efficient scrolling. Your users are gonna love it!
🗂️ Who doesn't love a good file explorer? And what if we told you there's an open-source cross-platform file explorer with a virtual distributed filesystem? Yup, it's true! Get ready to meet Spacedrive, a powerful file explorer written in Rust. Say goodbye to those clunky and limited file systems and say hello to a whole new level of efficiency. Check out Spacedrive and let your files explore the world!
🧠 Are you an AI enthusiast looking to create powerful applications? Look no further, my friend! We've got an all-in-one package for you. Introducing an API that brings together plugins, datasets, and prompt engineering. With just one interface, you can dive into the world of prompt engineering and visual operation, all to create jaw-dropping AI applications. Don't miss out on this game-changing opportunity. Learn more about it here!
💡 Calling all AI coding aficionados! We have something tailor-made just for you. Say hello to your very own self-hosted AI coding assistant. This genius little tool will level up your coding game by providing intelligent code suggestions, catching errors, and even optimizing your code. It's like having your own personal coding mentor right at your fingertips. Check out this awesome coding assistant here and be prepared to have your mind blown!
🌟 Lastly, we've got some hot news from the world of programming languages. David Heinemeier Hansson, the creator of Ruby on Rails, recently made a big decision. Scrapping TypeScript from Turbo-8! 😮 Want to get an unbiased take on this surprising move? Dive into the article here and find out all the juicy details. It's a rollercoaster of opinions, that's for sure!
That's a wrap for this week, folks! We hope you enjoy exploring these fantastic links and finding inspiration for your projects. Remember, knowledge is power, so keep on learning and keep on creating. See you in the next newsletter! 👋
Our Article Picks
- Thomas Aribart: [UPDATED] The DynamoDB-Toolbox v1 beta is here 🙌 All you need to know!
- Thomas Aribart: New DynamoDB-Toolbox v1 beta: Features and breaking changes
- ymc9: Drizzle or Prisma? I Built an App Twice to Find Out Which Is Better
- Richard Zampieri: ExpressoTS 2.6.0 is Out!
- Mikhael Esa: Interface Segregation Principle in React
- Necati Özmen: 💙 TypeScript Decorators in Brief
- Rajae Robinson: Do you know all these Typescript Utility Types?
- Kevin Toshihiro Uehara: Integrando IA com Mapas para geração de Localizações
- Lucas Santos: Best practices for HarperDB projects using TypeScript
- Gene: We should get rid of Typescript
- Benjamen Pyle: WebSocket with AWS API Gateway
- Nicolas B.: Boosting React App with Custom Hook : useOnScreen
- marcuskohlberg: Type Safety in Software Development
- Keff: From Concept to Reality: My process of building Cardboard
- Ahmad Shoaib Momenzada: Infinite scrolling using IntersectionObserver in React
- Rubén Alapont: SOLID Principles Series: Mastering the Open-Closed Principle (OCP) in Node.js with TypeScript
- DELI: How to Preview Images before Upload in React.js with textarea dynamically increasing Modal's height ♥
- Junsu Park: 3 great Typescript libraries to speed up your full stack development
- João Felipe: Do this and stop wasting time creating React components
- marcuskohlberg: Build a Type-Safe Web App with Encore + Next.js
- Hasan Zohdy: Open/Closed Principle In Typescript
- Marcos Henrique: Aurora Serverless + Backtrack: Unleash AWS CDK V2 with TypeScript! A Comedy of (Cloud) Errors Turned Epic Win
- Peli de Halleux: DeviceScript and LCD screens
- Ricky: Webscraping using Playwright
- Tunde Fadipe: The Newbie's Guide to TypeScript: Important TypeScript Concepts for Beginners
- Juri Strumpflohner: Nx Conf 2023 - Recap
- Nicholas: How Svelte made me understand Web development better in general
- Marlon Yepes Ceballos: Error handling in Express Server - NodeJS
- Ulad Ramanovich: Creating Autoresizeble textarea with hidden input technique
- Jude Okoroafor: Understanding Angular Component Lifecycle Hooks
- Bhavesh Yadav: TypeScript and Node.js: Developing Server-Side Applications
- kevin david cuadros: How to Manage State in Astro and Svelte.
- Mikoshiba Kyu: Released a Desktop Client App "itos" for ChatGPT
- Proxify for Developers: What makes Next.js the future of web applications?👨💻
- Dominik Strasser: A Guide to Model Definitions in dcupl
- daniel-octomind: On the unpredictable nature of LLM output and type safety in LangChain TS
- Omar Waleed: Why html templates are ok and are NOT better than JSX
- Leonardo Camargo: Arquitetura hexagonal
- Jin.Park: Arehs for promise-based massively parallel processing
- Jay @ Designly: Making Typescript More Flexible: Generics and Discriminated Unions
- Alexander Leon: ProdFox: Enhancing PDF Interaction in React
- Andrei Neacsu: Agnostic Push Notification Microservice with AWS CDK & Firebase
- Jean Vidal: How ChatGPT helped me build an awesome React component
- putu eka mulyana: Improve FlatList Performance Pada React Native Dengan Case Infinite Scroll
- Faseeh-Qureshi: Next JS dynamic page errors
- Julian Li: GitHub Trending Insight
- Andongwisye Mwamengo: How to create and generate migrations in Typeorm 0.3+ with NestJS 9+
- Tasha: Build a Daily video call app with Angular and TypeScript (Part 1)
- Daniil Manukian: Plugin for VS Code.
- Bryce Seefieldt: TypeScript in WSL
- innrVoice: Multi-option Switch/Toggle component for React
- kay-adamof: [TypeScript] How to create a union type consisting of string literals and string primitive
- kay-adamof: How to provide detailed type information using "as" and "&"
- Taqui: A Cool underrated feature in Typescript 🤯
- JXD: Announcing Launch
- Izaak Chater: David Heinemeier Hansson removes TypeScript from Turbo-8: an unbiased take.
- Bhavesh Yadav: Exploring Advanced Type System Features
Our Repo Picks
- spacedriveapp/spacedrive (TypeScript): Spacedrive is an open source cross-platform file explorer, powered by a virtual distributed filesystem written in Rust.
- twentyhq/twenty (TypeScript): Building a modern alternative to Salesforce, powered by the community.
- Eugeny/tabby (TypeScript): A terminal for a more modern age
- toeverything/AFFiNE (TypeScript): There can be more than Notion and Miro. AFFiNE is a next-gen knowledge base that brings planning, sorting and creating all together. Privacy first, open-source, customizable and ready to use.
- leap-ai/headshots-starter (TypeScript): undefined
- Yidadaa/ChatGPT-Next-Web (TypeScript): A well-designed cross-platform ChatGPT UI (Web / PWA / Linux / Win / MacOS). 一键拥有你自己的跨平台 ChatGPT 应用。
- langgenius/dify (TypeScript): One API for plugins and datasets, one interface for prompt engineering and visual operation, all for creating powerful AI applications.
- TabbyML/tabby (TypeScript): Self-hosted AI coding assistant
- payloadcms/payload (TypeScript): The best way to build a modern backend + admin UI. No black magic, all TypeScript, and fully open-source, Payload is both an app framework and a headless CMS.
- apache/superset (TypeScript): Apache Superset is a Data Visualization and Data Exploration Platform
- wasp-lang/wasp (TypeScript): The fastest way to develop full-stack web apps with React & Node.js.
- alibaba/lowcode-engine (TypeScript): An enterprise-class low-code technology stack with scale-out design / 一套面向扩展设计的企业级低代码技术体系
- ant-design/ant-design (TypeScript): An enterprise-class UI design language and React UI library
- grafana/grafana (TypeScript): The open and composable observability and data visualization platform. Visualize metrics, logs, and traces from multiple sources like Prometheus, Loki, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, Postgres and many more.
- getumbrel/llama-gpt (TypeScript): A self-hosted, offline, ChatGPT-like chatbot. Powered by Llama 2. 100% private, with no data leaving your device. New: Code Llama support!
- Pondorasti/emojis (TypeScript): Turn your ideas into emojis in seconds. Generate your favorite Slack emojis with just one click.
- tradingview/lightweight-charts (TypeScript): Performant financial charts built with HTML5 canvas
- ant-design/ant-design-pro (TypeScript): 👨🏻💻👩🏻💻 Use Ant Design like a Pro!
- joschan21/quill (TypeScript): Quill - A Modern SaaS-Platform Built With Next.js 13
- storybookjs/storybook (TypeScript): Storybook is a frontend workshop for building UI components and pages in isolation. Made for UI development, testing, and documentation.
- Lissy93/web-check (TypeScript): 🕵️♂️ All-in-one OSINT tool for analysing any website
- teamhanko/hanko (TypeScript): Open authentication and user management for the passkey era
- triggerdotdev/trigger.dev (TypeScript): ✨ Trigger.dev is the open source background jobs framework for TypeScript. With features like API integrations, webhooks, scheduling and delays.
- Codecademy/docs (TypeScript): Codecademy Docs is a collection of information for all things code. 📕
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄