Hey there, newsletter readers! We hope you're ready to dive into this week's roundup of exciting tech updates and juicy nuggets of knowledge. We've got a bunch of fantastic links lined up for you, so let's jump right in!
First up, we've got a gem for all you NestJS enthusiasts out there. Ever wished for a seamless application termination process? Well, say hello to graceful shutdown in NestJS! This fascinating article will walk you through the ins and outs of ensuring a smooth application shutdown. No more crashes or abrupt endings—just pure gracefulness!
Next on our list is something that will make your terminal and shell experience feel like an IDE. Intrigued? We knew you would be! Check out this mind-blowing link on IDE-style autocomplete for your existing terminal & shell. It's like having your own little coding assistant right at your fingertips, saving you time and making you feel like a coding superstar. Win-win!
Now, let's dive into an essential topic for all you TypeScript aficionados—type declaration versus type assertion. What's the difference, you might ask? Fear not! We've got you covered with an insightful read on type declaration vs type assertion. Trust us, understanding this distinction will level up your TypeScript game and make you feel like a true type maestro.
On to the next link—we've got something pretty amazing for you. Have you ever dreamt of easily automating tasks across different services? Well, dream no more! Say hello to a free and source-available fair-code licensed workflow automation tool. With this powerhouse, you can easily streamline your tasks like a pro! Curious? Check out this link on workflow automation and unlock a world of efficiency.
That wraps up this week's kickoff to our newsletter adventure. We hope you enjoy exploring these thrilling links and geeking out over the latest tech trends. Until next time, happy reading and stay curious!
Our Article Picks
- Daniel Boll: A first project with ExpressoTS
- Eboreime ThankGod: Creating Your Personal Movie Bookmark Application using Next 13.4.13, Redux Toolkit, Firebase, and TypeScript
- Rajat Kaushik: 12 Must-Have TypeScript Utility Types with Uses and Examples
- ByungJoon Lee: ERDIA: TypeORM entity specification documentation tool
- alakkadshaw: Type Casting with TypeScript: A tutorial
- Dharan Ganesan: Day 36: Typescript Basics
- Yeom suyun: How to set up JSDoc for NPM packages
- Hassan Farooqui: Creating Customized Offline Captcha in Angular 🔥✌
- Martin Persson: React Calendar: A Guide to Building Dynamic Calendars with Events and Todos
- Dharan Ganesan: Day 38: Assertions
- Andrew Shearer: Use Next.js 13 w/ TypeScript to create a headless Shopify app!
- Akash Dathan: The only TsConfig you will ever need for backend 🙌
- Richard Zampieri: ExpressoTS vs Nest vs Expressjs vs Fastify (Benchmark)
- Abhay Singh Rathore: Transitioning to TypeScript: The Ultimate Starter Guide - Part 2
- Abhay Singh Rathore: Transitioning to TypeScript: The Ultimate Starter Guide - Part 1
- Abhay Singh Rathore: Transitioning to TypeScript: The Ultimate Starter Guide - Part 3
- Ibrahim Shamma: Setup Lerna, React, Module Federation & Typescript Monorepo Environment
- 0ro: 📜 Length of String in TypeScript
- Dharan Ganesan: Day 37: Types
- Akash Dathan: Type Declaration vs Type Assertion
- EdilsonRogerioCuambe: 🐕Introducing Find a Friend: Your Ultimate Pet Adoption API 🐾🏠
- Hien Nguyen Minh: Graceful Shutdown in NestJS: Ensuring Smooth Application Termination
- Alex Bespoyasov: Explicit Design, Part 7. App Composition without Hooks
- Hssan Bouzlima: Applying factory method pattern: Vuejs with firebase and supabase use case
- Aaron K Saunders: Build A Full-Stack Typescript Application with Nuxt and tRPC
- Brahim: NestJS Boilerplate using Typescript Generics.
- chintanonweb: Angular Signals: A Reactive Way to Manage State
- Bogdan Galin: Supercharge Your Productivity with the Copy&Paste Browser Extension! ✨
- Arthur Eberle: No More Alpha: The Best Way to Mutate Data in Next.js 13 Without Touching Server Actions?
- Muhammad Awais: Optimizing SEO: Generating Dynamic Sitemaps for Your Angular Application
- Emmanuel N Kyeyune: Simplifying GitHub Actions Workflows Through Typescript
- Vitor Amaral: Hello, World!
- Kirubel Kinfe: Mastering Code Splitting in React: Best Practices for Optimal Performance
- Reese Wellin: How to start building a Next.js project
- Shivam Singh: 8 VS Code Extensions That’ll Make You the James Bond of JS & TS Development
- Dharan Ganesan: Day 35: Typescript
- chintanonweb: Exploring Observables in Angular: Unveiling the Power of Reactive Programming
- Shameel Uddin: Next.js 13 | Redirect To Different URL in Server Component vs. in Client Component
- JorensM: Creating a form In React Native With Formik
- chintanonweb: Angular Reactive Forms: Mastering Dynamic Form Validation and User Interaction
- Varun Kelkar: Using Error Boundary in React
- chintanonweb: Exploring Angular FormArray: Simplifying Dynamic Forms
- Elise Flaneuse: Tudo que você precisa para começar a criar seu portfolio com React e TypeScript (Parte 1)
- Ishrat: Learn TypeScript from experts
- PETRUS NOLETO: opieed - event and service manager
- chintanonweb: The Complete Guide to Angular Forms: Building Dynamic and Interactive User Interfaces
- DevCodeF1 🤖: Troubleshooting array.reverse() Issue in *ngFor in Production
- bricoo: Migrate Existing Fastify Project to Use TypeScript
- Chan: Typescript cheat sheet
- chintanonweb: Angular Template-Driven Forms: Simplifying User Input Handling
- Rodion Chachura: Implementing Nested Filters using React and Tree Data Structure
- DevCodeF1 🤖: React Syncfusion dataLayout cannot be set
- Paweł Piotr Owczarek: React-flow, edges changing place on creating new node
- Neeraj Mukta: Add a Likes counter to your website with Cloudflare workers
Our Repo Picks
- RocketChat/Rocket.Chat (TypeScript): The communications platform that puts data protection first.
- devfullcycle/imersao14 (TypeScript): undefined
- kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap (TypeScript): Interactive roadmaps, guides and other educational content to help developers grow in their careers.
- withfig/autocomplete (TypeScript): IDE-style autocomplete for your existing terminal & shell
- withastro/astro (TypeScript): The all-in-one web framework designed for speed. ⭐️ Star to support our work!
- n8n-io/n8n (TypeScript): Free and source-available fair-code licensed workflow automation tool. Easily automate tasks across different services.
- Eugeny/tabby (TypeScript): A terminal for a more modern age
- novuhq/novu (TypeScript): 🔥 The open-source notification infrastructure with fully functional embedded notification center 🚀🚀
- ant-design/ant-design (TypeScript): An enterprise-class UI design language and React UI library
- bluesky-social/social-app (TypeScript): The Bluesky Social application for Web, iOS, and Android
- actualbudget/actual (TypeScript): A local-first personal finance app
- freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp (TypeScript): freeCodeCamp.org's open-source codebase and curriculum. Learn to code for free.
- unjs/nitro (TypeScript): Create, build and deploy universal web servers. The open engine powering Nuxt and open to everyone.
- ByteGrad/portfolio-website (TypeScript): Build & Deploy a modern React / Next.js portfolio website from scratch!
- expressots/expressots (TypeScript): A Typescript + Node.js lightweight framework for quick building scalable, easy to read and maintain, server-side applications 🐎
- microsoft/vscode (TypeScript): Visual Studio Code
- withastro/starlight (TypeScript): 🌟 Build beautiful, accessible, high-performance documentation websites with Astro
- recharts/recharts (TypeScript): Redefined chart library built with React and D3
- renovatebot/renovate (TypeScript): Universal dependency update tool that fits into your workflows.
- smol-ai/GodMode (TypeScript): AI Chat Browser: Fast, Full webapp access to ChatGPT / Claude / Bard / Bing / Llama2! I use this 20 times a day.
- apache/superset (TypeScript): Apache Superset is a Data Visualization and Data Exploration Platform
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄