Hey there, newsletter gang! 👋
We're back with another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter, ready to inject some fun and knowledge into your week! So buckle up and get ready for a thrilling ride through the tech world. 🚀
In today's edition, we're diving into the world of software testing. We've all heard the age-old advice of "don't repeat yourself," but have you ever wondered if it applies to writing tests too? 🤔 Well, wonder no more, because we've got an eye-opening article that argues for the importance of repeating yourself when it comes to writing tests. Intrigued? You should be! Check out the juicy details here!
Now, let's talk about intersection events and loose ends. You know, those moments when different aspects of our code come crashing together, causing chaos and confusion. But fear not, brave developer! We've uncovered a goldmine of wisdom that will help you navigate through these treacherous waters. Get ready for a wild adventure with intersection events and loose ends in our enlightening article. Dive in and surf the waves of knowledge right here!
But wait, there's more! 🌟 Brace yourselves for a journey towards better code quality with TypeScript's Utility Types. We'll introduce you to three game-changing types: Pick, Partial, and Omit. Trust us, these bad boys will revolutionize the way you write code. So, whether you're a TypeScript aficionado or just curious to level up your code quality, this article is an absolute must-read. Don't miss out on the TypesScript treasure trove!
Get ready to be blown away by MUI Core, the gift that keeps on giving. 😍 Looking for ready-to-use React components that will make your development process a breeze? Look no further! MUI Core is here to save the day, giving you a wide range of foundational React components, and the cherry on top? It's free forever! Plus, it implements Google's Material Design, so you know it's top-notch. Don't believe us? Check out the awesomeness for yourself!
Last but not least, we've got a showdown between two titans in the TypeScript world: Typescript Type vs Interface. They may seem similar, but trust us, they're not as easily interchangeable as you might think. In our latest article, we'll dive deep into the differences, use cases, and everything you need to know to pick the right tool for the job. Put on your detective hats and solve this TypeScript mystery over here!
That's all for today, folks! We hope you're as excited as we are about this week's newsletter. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the thrilling tech adventures that await you! As always, happy coding! ✨
Our Article Picks
- Super: Record in TypeScript: Unveiling Its Surprising Power
- Super: Single Page Application: Authentication and Authorization in Agular
- Matteo Bruni: Mocha/Chai with TypeScript (2023 update)
- Leonardo Montini: Add Labels to PRs with a Typescript GitHub Action
- Mateusz Piórowski: OAuth is so complicated ... or 90 lines of code with Svelte
- Nick Taylor: Yet Another Newsletter LOL: Liftoff!
- Martin Persson: Create and Publish Your First NPM Package: A Comprehensive Guide
- Vinodh Kumar: Create a typescript utility library using Vite
- Maksim Zemskov: Unleashing the Power of TypeScript: Improving Standard Library Types
- Gabrielle J.: Exploring Network Graph Visualization: Graphology and Sigma.js
- Duca: Computer Science 4 Newbies - Understanding Binary Search
- ibrahimaq: Converting a Gatsby Site to Use TypeScript
- Martin Persson: Visualizing Data in React: A Guide to Beautiful Charts with React-Chartsjs-2
- Vinodh Kumar: Create a monorepo using PNPM workspace
- Leonardo Montini: Write Unit Test for your Typescript GitHub Action
- Thomas Pegler: Easy Encryption in Typescript 2: Libsodium Boogaloo
- Serif COLAKEL: Mastering Micro Frontends: Creating Scalable Applications with React, Webpack 5, and TypeScript Type Safety
- Ayoub Alouane: The Future Is Here: Qwik Meets Prisma Innovatively
- Nikhil Verma: From Vue 2 to 3: A long journey
- Antonio Perrone: Integrate 🦜🔗LangChain with Orama for semantic search
- Vishnu C Prasad: Establishing PostgreSQL Connection with Prisma in NestJS: A Comprehensive Guide with Bookmark API Example
- Leonardo: Exploring the Depths of Observables and RxJS in Angular Applications
- Vishnu C Prasad: Simple Data Validation in NestJS: A Practical Guide
- Dany Paredes: When Use Arrays, Tuples, Maps, and Sets In Typescript with Examples
- Martin Persson: Better Code Quality with TypeScript’s Utility Types: Pick, Partial, and Omit
- Ayyash: Intersection events and loose ends
- Vishnu C Prasad: Managing Configuration and Environment Variables in NestJS
- Robbe Vaes: Introducing Formango: The fruitful way to simplify form validation in Vue!
- Alex Bespoyasov: Explicit Design, Part 5. App Composition
- Laëtitia Christelle Ouelle: Basic CRUD operations with NestJs, TypeScript, Fastify & MongoDB
- Martin Persson: A Guide to Using the Option Type in TypeScript
- Ivan Montiel: Safely typing full/partial objects
- Dany Paredes: How To Use Record Type In Typescript
- Danijel Maksimovic: You should repeat yourself when writing tests
- Luca Cavallin: first-issue: an app built with React, Next.js and TypeScript to help you find a project for your next open-source contribution.
- Punit Soni: Building a Custom React Hook: useIsAppOffline
- tech foutraque: The Frontend newsletter #10 - Discover the latest trends
- Manthan Ankolekar: Typescript Type vs Interface
- vatana7: Improving Serverless Function response time on Vercel
- Ryota Murakami: Update email@example.com
- Óscar Pérez: Typescript + Vue linter config step by step
- Masaki Fukunishi: Understanding Tree: Features, Time Complexity, Difference between BFS and DFS
- vatana7: Opensource NextJS Project | Great For Beginner!
- Mateusz Piórowski: Bonus: Svelte + PocketBase + Nginx = amazingness
- Pauline Oraro: Building A B.M.I Calculator using Typescript
- DevCodeF1 🤖: Control Navigation Events in React: Start and End
- SHUBHAM GAUTAM: Spotlight on 2023's Leading Frontend Build Systems
- Vinodh Kumar: Create a react app using Vite - Part 2
- Luqman Shaban: Reverse Vowels of a String
- Ivan Montiel: Feature Contexts
- Vinodh Kumar: Create a react app using Vite - Part 1
- Krushna Chandra Dash: Advance Add Tags input with REACT JS
- Dada David Oloruntofunmi: Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA)
- DevCodeF1 🤖: Unable to get the Correct URL from the getFeatureInfoUrl method in OpenLayers 7 using Angular
Our Repo Picks
- radix-ui/themes (TypeScript): Radix Themes is an open-source component library optimized for fast development, easy maintenance, and accessibility. Maintained by @workos.
- sei-protocol/sei-chain (TypeScript): undefined
- documenso/documenso (TypeScript): The Open Source DocuSign Alternative.
- novuhq/novu (TypeScript): The open-source notification infrastructure with fully functional embedded notification center
- microsoft/chat-copilot (TypeScript): undefined
- FlowiseAI/Flowise (TypeScript): Drag & drop UI to build your customized LLM flow
- apitable/apitable (TypeScript): 🚀🎉📚 APITable, an API-oriented low-code platform for building collaborative apps and better than all other Airtable open-source alternatives.
- Infisical/infisical (TypeScript): ♾ Infisical is an open-source, end-to-end encrypted platform for secret management: sync secrets across your team/infrastructure and prevent secret leaks.
- lyswhut/lx-music-desktop (TypeScript): 一个基于 electron 的音乐软件
- Yidadaa/ChatGPT-Next-Web (TypeScript): A well-designed cross-platform ChatGPT UI (Web / PWA / Linux / Win / MacOS). 一键拥有你自己的跨平台 ChatGPT 应用。
- xitanggg/open-resume (TypeScript): OpenResume is a powerful open-source resume builder and resume parser. https://open-resume.com/
- supabase/supabase (TypeScript): The open source Firebase alternative. Follow to stay updated about our public Beta.
- calcom/cal.com (TypeScript): Scheduling infrastructure for absolutely everyone.
- aidenybai/million (TypeScript): The Virtual DOM Replacement for React
- RabbyHub/Rabby (TypeScript): The game-changing wallet for Ethereum and all EVM chains
- openai/openai-node (TypeScript): The official Node.js / Typescript library for the OpenAI API
- remotion-dev/remotion (TypeScript): 🎥 Make videos programmatically with React
- activepieces/activepieces (TypeScript): Your friendliest open source automation tool ✨ Workflow automation tool / Enterprise automation tool / Business automation tool / Zapier Alternative
- coder/code-server (TypeScript): VS Code in the browser
- shadcn-ui/ui (TypeScript): Beautifully designed components built with Radix UI and Tailwind CSS.
- labring/FastGPT (TypeScript): FastGPT is a knowledge-based question answering system based on the LLM language model, providing out-of-the-box capabilities for data processing, model invocation, and more. It also allows for complex question answering scenarios through visual workflow orchestration using Flow!
- adrianhajdin/threads (TypeScript): Develop Threads, Next.js 13 app that skyrocketed to 100 million sign-ups in less than 5 days, and dethroned giants like Twitter, ChatGPT, and TikTok to become the fastest-growing app ever!
- LokerL/tts-vue (TypeScript): 🎤 微软语音合成工具，使用 Electron + Vue + ElementPlus + Vite 构建。
- mui/material-ui (TypeScript): MUI Core: Ready-to-use foundational React components, free forever. It includes Material UI, which implements Google's Material Design.
- zzzgydi/clash-verge (TypeScript): A Clash GUI based on tauri. Supports Windows, macOS and Linux.
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄