Welcome to this week's newsletter, where we're serving up a delicious slice of tech news and hot takes. If you're a TypeScript fan, then this week's edition is definitely for you. We've got an intriguing article on Generics, and why they're like ordering a pizza TypeScript: Generics… How about a pizza?. Plus, we're diving into new developments in modern web dev with our feature on file uploads File uploads for modern web devs.
But that's not all folks! For anyone looking to set up a simple static website using Svelte (with login), we've got just what you need How to setup a simple static website using Svelte (with login). Plus, we're taking a look at one of the best tools around for cloud-based computing: Cloudflare Workers Home to Wrangler, the CLI for Cloudflare Workers®.
Finally, for those who want to get serious about blockchain development, we've got a great step-by-step guide on how to set up your Solidity environment with Hardhat How to Setup Solidity Environment with Hardhat. Whether you're new to the world of Solidity, or you're a seasoned developer looking to brush up on your skills, this is one tutorial you won't want to miss.
So sit back, grab a slice of pizza, and enjoy this week's collection of awesome links. We're sure you'll find something that piques your interest!
Updates From The TypeScript Blog
- Announcing TypeScript 5.1 RC - May 18, 2023
Our Article Picks
- Tapajyoti Bose: 7 Secret TypeScript Tricks Pros Use 😎🤫
- Thomas Sentre: How To Write Maintainable and Readable Code
- Mikhail Potapov: 🔥 Naming Interfaces in TypeScript: IUser vs User
- Martin PAUCOT: Build a Blog using Next.JS and DEV.to
- Gergely Szerovay: From NgRx ComponentStore to SignalStore: the key takeaways from my demo project
- AlexF: Modern database workflows with GitHub, Vercel, Netlify, and Xata
- Ashutosh Bhadauriya: Spice Up Your NextJS skills the Pro Way
- Mohd Ahmad: What is Atomic State Management - Create One Yourself
- Adetutu Gbangbola: How to Setup Solidity Environment with Hardhat
- Matti Bar-Zeev: Get Your TypeScript Coverage Report
- Fatemeh Paghar: React Dropzone: A Thorough Introduction
- Jack Lewis: How to setup a simple static website using Svelte (with login)
- Adrian: Prisma VS TypeORM - description and comparison
- Maximiliano Burgos: Creo que me convertí en un desarrollador en React y Typescript
- Alexander Opalic: Best Practices for Error Handling in Vue Composables
- Jonathan Gamble: Rich Harris is NOT Getting Rid of TS Support in Svelte
- Vasile Pește: Node.js Crypto Trading For Beginners
- Giovane Cardoso: UnunuraCSS - How I Built "my own TailwindCSS"
- Peli de Halleux: DeviceScript - TypeScript for microcontrollers
- Michael Di Prisco: My Journey in Open Source - worker-spawner
- Matt Johnston: JSON with multiline strings
- V.D: Angular —Adapter Pattern: Simplify Data Integration(Kanban Board)
- Bentil Shadrack: Deploy TypeScript REST API on Render using Docker
- Andrew Boyd: Using Zod with FormKit
- As Manjaka Josvah: Greeting 🤣
- Jess Edwards: What's the difference?
- Rense Bakker: Publishing a NodeJS CLI tool to NPM
- Giovane Cardoso: How I Built a 100% Client-Side Word Processor
- Phil Nash: Build bots on Bluesky with Node.js and GitHub Actions
- Masui Masanori: [Pion/WebRTC][TypeScript] Use specific video codec
- Francisco Mendes: Secure Your Remix.js App: A Guide to Authentication and Authorization
- Emmanuel Alozie: I built an Open Source Icon Library 🚀 with Framer motion support, here's how
- Opoku Isaiah Clifford: Mastering Functions in TypeScript: A Comprehensive Guide
- Bruno Selhorst: Upload de arquivo genérico utilizando Angular de forma simples.
- Vincent: Build Type-Safe Components with Vue 3.3
- Anton Alexandrenok: Making API Calls from Node.js
- Strapi: New Strapi Starter with Next.js 13, Tailwind, and TypeScript
- Developer Sabbir: 🔥 Keyword Maker Google Chrome Extension With #OpenAI & CRXJS | [2022 - ST SABBIR]
- Tanja Bayer: Setting Up your Apollo Server with TypeGraphQL
- Murali venkat: Component Re-renders
- Cris Mihalache: tt - Natural Language CLI Time Tracker
- Magdalena Richard: How to Choose the Best ICO Crowdsale Script for Your Project?
- Erik Giovani: Best GitHub parte 4
- Jorge Rubiano: Juego en ReactJS - Yatzy
- Rajarshi Samaddar: 🚀🌟 7 Game-Changing Programming Languages You Need to Learn in 2023! 🌟🚀
- Felipe Borges: Garanta a integridade da sua aplicação: aprenda validar variáveis de ambiente em APIs Node.JS
- Taric Ov: TypeScript: Generics… How about a pizza?
- Andreas Bergström: Dockerfiles for Node.js and TypeScript – Making it Lean, Mean, and Clean!
- Taric Ov: New Feature: React introduces its new experimental hook — useOptimisitcState()
- Mayowa Adeniyi: SETUP SANITY CMS WITHIN A NEXTJS13 PROJECT
- Riza Farheen: Building a Delivery Workflow with TypeScript (TS)
- Thomas Reggi: ➡️👷💪 Linear Class Builder
- Aziz: How To Implement a TypeScript Web App With Clean Architecture
- Aziz: The Ultimate Clean Architecture Template for TypeScript Projects
- Ayush Agarwal: Mastering Angular Services: Essential Concepts for Beginners
- sukedon: Checking optional parameter is set.
Our Repo Picks
- pingdotgg/uploadthing (TypeScript): File uploads for modern web devs
- chathub-dev/chathub (TypeScript): All-in-one chatbot client
- refinedev/refine (TypeScript): Build your React-based CRUD applications, without constraints.
- langgenius/dify (TypeScript): One API for plugins and datasets, one interface for prompt engineering and visual operation, all for creating powerful AI applications.
- Orillusion/orillusion (TypeScript): Orillusion is a pure Web3D rendering engine which is fully developed based on the WebGPU standard.
- xiangsx/gpt4free-ts (TypeScript): This is a replication project for the typescript version of xtekky/gpt4free
- styled-components/styled-components (TypeScript): Visual primitives for the component age. Use the best bits of ES6 and CSS to style your apps without stress 💅
- freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp (TypeScript): freeCodeCamp.org's open-source codebase and curriculum. Learn to code for free.
- microsoft/playwright (TypeScript): Playwright is a framework for Web Testing and Automation. It allows testing Chromium, Firefox and WebKit with a single API.
- Yidadaa/ChatGPT-Next-Web (TypeScript): One-Click to deploy well-designed ChatGPT web UI on Vercel. 一键拥有你自己的 ChatGPT 网页服务。
- liou666/polyglot (TypeScript): 🤖️ 桌面端 AI 语言练习应用
- Infisical/infisical (TypeScript): ♾ Infisical is an open-source, end-to-end encrypted platform to sync secrets and configs across your team and infrastructure.
- erictik/midjourney-ui (TypeScript): Midjourney UI is an open source AI painting UI based on Midjourney
- erictik/midjourney-api (TypeScript): Node.js client for the unofficial MidJourney API.
- c121914yu/FastGPT (TypeScript): A platform that uses the OpenAI API to quickly build an AI knowledge base, supporting many-to-many relationships.
- AprilNEA/ChatGPT-Admin-Web (TypeScript): 带有用户管理和后台管理系统的 ChatGPT WebUI
- steven-tey/dub (TypeScript): An open-source link shortener with built-in analytics + free custom domains.
- sveltejs/svelte (TypeScript): Cybernetically enhanced web apps
- RocketChat/Rocket.Chat (TypeScript): The communications platform that puts data protection first.
- mantinedev/mantine (TypeScript): A fully featured React components library
- cloudflare/workers-sdk (TypeScript): ⛅️ Home to Wrangler, the CLI for Cloudflare Workers®
- ionic-team/capacitor (TypeScript): Build cross-platform Native Progressive Web Apps for iOS, Android, and the Web ⚡️
- n8n-io/n8n (TypeScript): Free and source-available fair-code licensed workflow automation tool. Easily automate tasks across different services.
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄