TLWI TypeScript #68
Hey there, fellow tech enthusiasts! Are you ready for another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter? Well, let's dive right in because we've got some awesome links to share with you!
First off, have you heard of ChatGPT? It's an AI-powered chatbot that can carry out conversations and respond to your queries like an actual human! What's even more exciting is that we've found an amazing open-source web app that allows you to play with OpenAI's ChatGPT API for free! Check it out here and let us know what cool conversations you had with ChatGPT!
Next up, we're continuing our journey with OSD700, where we're exploring working with BullMQ worker/queues. If you missed the last edition, don't worry, as we've got you covered! Catch up here, and join us as we tackle more complex issues and further our understanding of the topic.
Are you interested in creating native mobile apps but are unsure where to begin? Well, look no further as we've found an open-source platform that makes creating universal native apps a breeze! Say hello to Expo, which runs on both Android, iOS, and the web. You can find out more here and start building apps like the pros in no time!
If you've been itching to start a blog, then you're in luck! With Supabase and Next.js, we've got a beginner-friendly guide that'll help you create a blog in no time! Take the first step here and follow along as we guide you through setting up your blog from scratch.
Last but not least, we've got something for those of you looking to level up your programming skills! Whether you're a beginner or an expert, TypeScript is a great way to make your code more readable and robust. Join us on this beginner's guide to TypeScript here and elevate your programming game!
That's it for this week's newsletter! We hope you enjoyed our selection of links, and don't forget to give us your feedback! We're always on the lookout for interesting tech trends, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to share them with us. Until next time, stay tech-savvy and inspired!
Updates From The TypeScript Blog
- Announcing TypeScript 5.0 - March 16, 2023
Our Article Picks
- Jatin Sharma: Typescript: Enums
- Armen Vardanyan: Superpowers with Directives and Dependency Injection: Part 1
- Benjamen Pyle: SNS to Step Functions via EventBridge Pipes with CDK
- Chris: How To Return Different Types in TypeScript
- Brian Schnee: The Types You Need - Learning TypeScript
- ymc9: Prisma Client Extensions: Use Cases and Pitfalls
- Marcos Henrique: Autoscaling using Spot Instances with AWS CDK + TS
- Armen Vardanyan: Superpowers with Directives and Dependency Injection: Part 2
- Chau Tran: TypeScript Mapped Union Type
- Medea: Is learning TypeScript worth it?
- prasanna malla: In 2023, spin up an e-commerce app in 60s with Vendure + Qwik. Fast enough?
- Benjamen Pyle: Async Integration with Step Functions from API Gateway via CDK
- Danilo Silva: Design Patterns: Factory - Getting Started with Typescript
- Akilah Littlejohn: Bootstrapping Standalone Components
- idleman: The problem with TypeScript and its practices
- Jerry: Thinking in React (Visualized)
- Red Ochsenbein (he/him): React: Create a turnable knob component
- KENTO HONDA: What is Tuple in TypeScript
- Vivek Alhat: Type Up Your Game: A Beginner's Guide to TypeScript
- Martin Stark: Interpreting HTML5 Video Events
- Mykolas Mankevicius: Type Safe, Promise Based, Vue 3 Modals That'll Have You Popping with Joy
- Valentine Samuel: A Quick Introduction To Types In TypeScript
- Zelenya: A joy of working with JSON using PureScript
- Kunal Agrawal: Does Typescript make you slower?
- Benny Code: What is the difference between null and undefined?
- Harsh Makwana: Create NestJS Microservices using RabbitMQ - Part 2
- aderchox: Create a pure Node.js and TypeScript app + Getting node-fetch ESM-only (version 3) up and running
- Max Prilutskiy: Have you tried QuickTime Player to debug your React code?
- Matt Angelosanto: Migrating a TypeScript app from Node.js to Bun
- TD: OSD700: Working with BullMQ Worker/Queues (cont'd)
- Reekdev Ray: Angular services and dependency injection: what its really all about?
- Kazem M: How to Use ESLint to Boost Your Programming Skills
- Mick: No fuss no muss TypeScript Lambda with CDK
- KingstonCodes: TypeScript and Node.js: Building Scalable and Robust Applications.
- Nikolas ⚡️: Most common types in Typescript and its usage
- Himanshu Gupta: Regular Functions vs Arrow Functions
- Adrien Fischer: Create a blog with supabase and nextjs - part 1
- xamhans: This script translates your language json to any language easily
- André Rodrigues: Angular para leigos (parte 2)
- Mario: How to add fontawesome - Angular
- Seyed Hamid Mirghafouri: "[eslint] Delete
- Mohammed Ashfaq Ashar: Migration of Cypress 12.7 from Cypress 9.7
- Gregory Petrov: TypeScript Declaration Merging
- donstefani: TypeScript: Generic Types
- Gabriel: GraphQXL: the missing language extension
- Nick Abbene: Preventing Duplicates with an Idempotence Middleware in AdonisJS
- Andres Court: Connecting to a Database
- Brian: Build a realtime board game with Nextjs, Socket.io, Tailwind, Nodejs, Typescript
- Rafal: How to write a debounce function
- Niels Abildgaard: Leaning into Typescript: Specific string values and strategies
- Bora Karaca: Generics in Typescript
- Abdul Samad Ansari: How to use Zustand's persist middleware in Next.js
- Juan Esteban Perdomo: ok... today we'll go install commitlint
- Alexey Kabikov: JS/TS custom sorting order or how to sort weird things
- Connie Leung: Fun with speech detection using RxJS and Angular standalone components
- Abdullah Adeel: MobX - The missing piece in your complex react applications
- StijnDesender: [Vue/Typescript] Memory leak when changing a value that indicates an index in a computed property
Our Repo Picks
- yetone/openai-translator (TypeScript): 基于 ChatGPT API 的划词翻译浏览器插件和跨平台桌面端应用 - Browser extension and cross-platform desktop application for translation based on ChatGPT API.
- yuvalsuede/ai-component-generator (TypeScript): undefined
- ourongxing/chatgpt-vercel (TypeScript): Powered by OpenAI API (gpt-3.5-turbo) and Vercel
- anc95/writely (TypeScript): ❤️🔥 A chrome extension as an alternative to Notion AI that goes beyond Notion AI. | 一个替代 Notion AI 的浏览器插件，不止于 Notion AI
- futantan/OpenGpt (TypeScript): Create your own ChatGPT App in seconds.
- AykutSarac/jsoncrack.com (TypeScript): ⭐️ Transform data chaos into clarity with JSON Crack - the ultimate JSON visualization solution.
- JimmyLv/BibiGPT (TypeScript): BibiGPT · One-click summary for video & audio content: Bilibili | YouTube | Websites 丨 Podcasts | Meetings | Local files, etc. 音视频内容一键总结：哔哩哔哩丨 YouTube 丨网页丨播客丨会议丨本地文件等 (原 BiliGPT 省流神器 & 课代表)
- ztjhz/FreeChatGPT (TypeScript): An amazing open-source web app that allows you to play with OpenAI's ChatGPT API for free!
- ddiu8081/chatgpt-demo (TypeScript): A demo repo based on OpenAI API (gpt-3.5-turbo)
- upscayl/upscayl (TypeScript): 🆙 Upscayl - Free and Open Source AI Image Upscaler for Linux, MacOS and Windows built with Linux-First philosophy.
- facebook/flipper (TypeScript): A desktop debugging platform for mobile developers.
- catppuccin/catppuccin (TypeScript): 😸 Soothing pastel theme for the high-spirited!
- openai/openai-node (TypeScript): Node.js library for the OpenAI API
- microsoft/fluentui (TypeScript): Fluent UI web represents a collection of utilities, React components, and web components for building web applications.
- prompt-engineering/click-prompt (TypeScript): ClickPrompt - Streamline your prompt design, with ClickPrompt, you can easily view, share, and run these prompts with just one click. ClickPrompt 用于一键轻松查看、分享和执行您的 Prompt。
- appsmithorg/appsmith (TypeScript): Low code project to build admin panels, internal tools, and dashboards. Integrates with 15+ databases and any API.
- zzzgydi/clash-verge (TypeScript): A Clash GUI based on tauri. Supports Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Tencent/wujie (TypeScript): 极致的微前端框架
- expo/expo (TypeScript): An open-source platform for making universal native apps with React. Expo runs on Android, iOS, and the web.
- drizzle-team/drizzle-orm (TypeScript): TypeScript ORM for SQL
- vitejs/vite (TypeScript): Next generation frontend tooling. It's fast!
- chibat/chrome-extension-typescript-starter (TypeScript): Chrome Extension TypeScript Starter
- chathub-dev/chathub (TypeScript): All-in-one chatbot client
- LasCC/Hack-Tools (TypeScript): The all-in-one Red Team extension for Web Pentester 🛠
- noobnooc/noobnooc (TypeScript): The content of https://www.nooc.ink
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄