TLWI TypeScript #59
Hey there, tech-savvy friends! Welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter. We've got a lot of exciting stuff for you to check out, so let's dive right in!
Next up, we've got something for all you TypeScript enthusiasts: Leveraging Generics to Create Reusable TypeScript Code. Generics may sound like a fancy term, but don't let that intimidate you! By using generics, you can write more versatile code that can be applied to different types and values, making development a lot less tedious. Ready to lift the lid on this topic? Check out our featured article!
Have you ever tried Material forms: mat-checkbox disabling controls? If you're building web applications with Angular, then you know that material forms are essential for creating clean and user-friendly interfaces. In this week's newsletter, we're bringing you an insightful tutorial on how to use mat-checkbox to disable other form controls. Sounds like something you'd be interested in? Don't forget to click on the link!
Attention web developers! Have you heard about Smart, Fast and Extensible Build System? If not, you're missing out on one of the most exciting advancements in front-end development! Using the right build system can save you a lot of time and effort, and this new system promises to be all that and much more. In this week's newsletter, we're sharing all the details about this revolutionary tool, so be sure to check it out!
Last but not least, we're excited to introduce you to Astro's next-gen island architecture 🏝✨! If you're looking to build faster websites, then this new architecture is right up your alley. With an easy-to-use syntax, Astro simplifies the development process and boasts powerful performance. So don't wait any longer, click on that link and read all about it now!
That's all from us for this week, folks. We hope you enjoyed reading our newsletter as much as we enjoyed putting it together for you. As always, feel free to share with your friends and colleagues, and we'll see you next time!
Our Article Picks
- Jerry: Zod: The Next Biggest thing after Typescript
- Mahmoud Harmouch: Unveiling Breakthroughs Found In The State Of JS 2022 Survey
- Cédric Teyton: 21 questions you’ll ask if you code a VSCode extension
- rike: Building a Full-Stack App With t3 
- Matteo Bruni: Preparing tsParticles v3
- Ricardo Mello: React para devs Angular
- Chris: How To Overload Functions in TypeScript
- Sviatoslav: Search Input with useTimeout hook using TypeScript
- Adithya Sreyaj: Architecting A Highly Dynamic Card List In Angular
- Code of Relevancy: Create a Real Time Crypto Price App with Next.js, TypeScript, Tailwind CSS & Binance API
- Steven Lemon: Why Is My Jest Test Suite So Slow?
- Manuel Vila: Layr v2 Is Out, but You May Never Use It
- José Miguel Álvarez Vañó: Facade pattern in TypeScript
- Elham Najeebullah: React & TypeScript: How to use Context API and useReducer with Firestore Database?
- Łukasz Czyszczonik: Safe component state with useReducer and TypeScript
- Zevi Reinitz: How to produce type-safe GraphQL queries using TypeScript 💥
- Gianpiero Errigo: Angular forms: checkbox disabling controls
- h8moss: Build a reorderable list in react
- Mary Okosun: Understanding Relationships in TypeORM
- Alfredo Salzillo: The useTransition hook - React 17.0 beta features
- Said Mounaim: JWT Authentication Using Express.js & MongoDB With TypeScript
- Dan Fletcher: How To Handle This Type Error
- Aneeqa Khan: React Native will use TypeScript by default
- Alfredo Salzillo: The useDeferredValue hook - React 17.0 beta features
- Ahmed Murtaza: ✨UseState vs UseReducer in React
- xutweety: When you plan to build a dApp, you need DB3 Network
- Fernando González Tostado: IndexedDB, your offline and serverless DB in your browser with React
- claudemotoba: 8 reasons to use Angular for web applications
- Kinanee Samson: Leveraging Generics to Create Reusable Typescript Code
- Elham Najeebullah: React & TypeScript: What is React.FC and Why should i use it?
- John Idogun: Backend: One-on-one (Duologue) chatting application with Django channels and SvelteKit
- John Idogun: Frontend: One-on-one (Duologue) chatting application with Django channels and SvelteKit
- Ali Azmoodeh: New Node.js ORM(Opensql)
- Rodion Chachura: AWS Secrets Manager & NodeJS AWS Lambda & Terraform
- Rodion Chachura: How to Make Calendar View with React
- Aung Myat Moe: Minimal Typescript + Express Boilerplate which focus on speed
- Elham Najeebullah: React & TypeScript: What is ReactNode and when to use it?
- Elham Najeebullah: ExpressJS & TypeScript: Create the model and the controller by creating a simple ecommerce app and using MySQL as a database.
- Rodion Chachura: Get All Items From DynamoDB Table with TypeScript
- Kenneth Tengco: How Efficient is Delegation Design Pattern in Angular
- Elham Najeebullah: React & TypeScript: Create a reusable List component using generic
- Vadim Orekhov: Typesafe, (almost) Zero Cost Dependency Injection in TypeScript
- Obodo David: Everyone Struggles - WSL
- Altencir Junior: O funcionamento das Conversões de Tipo e sua prática:
- Matt Williams: Interfaces: because sometimes one implementation just isn't enough
- Gianpiero Errigo: Material forms: mat-checkbox disabling controls
- Emilien Leroy: The framework that revolutionized my workflow.
- Varenya Thyagaraj: Data fetching patterns - balancing client and server with SWR and Next.js
- RayedDev: Amazing React MVVM inspired by Apple SwiftUI
- Srikanth Kyatham: How we solved Gnarly bug with React table + useGlobalFilter + useRowSelect
- Michal M.: Type-check react-i18next translation keys
- Lukas Bach: TypeScript: Properly filtering arrays for non-null values
- Alwaisy al-waisy: Typescript for frontend developers
- haonguyen39: Gantt chart and histogram d3js
- Rodion Chachura: Dark and Light Theme for React App
- Dennis kinuthia: Social media timeline with pocketbase and react
- Rodion Chachura: How to Store React State in Local Storage
- Aman: Wrapping useContext in custom hook and HOC adapter
- Rodion Chachura: How to make Button Variants with React, TypeScript and Styled Components
Our Repo Picks
- toeverything/AFFiNE (TypeScript): There can be more than Notion and Miro. AFFiNE is a next-gen knowledge base that brings planning, sorting and creating all together. Privacy first, open-source, customizable and ready to use.
- AykutSarac/jsoncrack.com (TypeScript): 🔮 Seamlessly visualize your JSON data instantly into graphs; paste, import or fetch!
- BuilderIO/qwik (TypeScript): The HTML-first framework. Instant apps of any size with ~ 1kb JS
- misskey-dev/misskey (TypeScript): 🌎 An interplanetary microblogging platform 🚀
- withastro/astro (TypeScript): Build faster websites with Astro's next-gen island architecture 🏝✨
- unocss/unocss (TypeScript): The instant on-demand atomic CSS engine.
- trpc/trpc (TypeScript): 🧙♀️ Move Fast and Break Nothing. End-to-end typesafe APIs made easy.
- lyswhut/lx-music-desktop (TypeScript): 一个基于 electron 的音乐软件
- yangshun/tech-interview-handbook (TypeScript): 💯 Curated coding interview preparation materials for busy software engineers
- expo/expo (TypeScript): An open-source platform for making universal native apps with React. Expo runs on Android, iOS, and the web.
- docker/build-push-action (TypeScript): GitHub Action to build and push Docker images with Buildx
- alan2207/bulletproof-react (TypeScript): 🛡️ ⚛️ A simple, scalable, and powerful architecture for building production ready React applications.
- BuilderIO/builder (TypeScript): Drag and drop Visual CMS for React, Vue, Angular, and more
- ant-design/ant-design (TypeScript): An enterprise-class UI design language and React UI library
- angular/components (TypeScript): Component infrastructure and Material Design components for Angular
- elastic/kibana (TypeScript): Your window into the Elastic Stack
- nocodb/nocodb (TypeScript): 🔥 🔥 🔥 Open Source Airtable Alternative
- sismo-core/sismo-protocol (TypeScript): Contracts of the Sismo Attestation Protocol
- cuixueshe/vue3-dida (TypeScript): Real-world vue3 projects with complete testing
- CircleCI-Public/CircleCI-Env-Inspector (TypeScript): A NodeJS tool for discovering all your secrets on CircleCI
- pmndrs/zustand (TypeScript): 🐻 Bear necessities for state management in React
- nrwl/nx (TypeScript): Smart, Fast and Extensible Build System
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄