TLWI TypeScript #57
Welcome to this week's newsletter, where we have some exciting links for you to check out. It feels like the world just keeps spinning and technology improving with every turn. Today, we have Slack Next-gen Platform - "channel_created" Event Trigger in the mix, perfect for those curious about how to fine-tune their Slack automation tools.
Next up, we have a guide to Setting up and configuring the TypeScript Compiler(simplified). If you're a developer searching for the best way to upgrade your code and get ahead of the competition, this link is for you.
In addition to that, we have some tips for superhero-level React state management. Ready to boost your React skills and solve problems in no time? Don't miss the chance to read Managing React State Like A Superhero 🦸, it might just be the thing you've been missing.
While we're on the topic of Slack, have you ever wished for a built-in way to create and share forms with your team? Look no further than Slack Next-gen Platform - Built-in Forms. It's amazing how Slack keeps adding features to make our lives easier, don't you think?
And last but not least, are you using TypeScript as your main programming language? It can be a game-changer for efficiency and readability, but there are some mistakes that every developer should avoid. Take the time to read 5 Mistakes That Every Typescript Developer Should Avoid and save yourself from the agony of long debugging sessions.
That's all for this week, folks. We hope you enjoy these links and continue to learn new things. Happy coding!
Our Article Picks
- gao-sun: Migrate a 60k LOC TypeScript (NodeJS) repo to ESM and testing become 4x faster (1/2)
- Jatin Sharma: Typescript: Introduction
- Majd-sufyan: Managing React State Like A Superhero 🦸
- ⚡Priyang⚡: React Pattern - Build Better Component with Compound component
- Bentil Shadrack: Do I need TypeScript?
- Matteo Bruni: tsParticles 2.7.1 Released
- Arafat: 5 Mistakes That Every Typescript Deverloper Should Avoid
- Jenuel Oras Ganawed: Vue 3 + Vite + TypeScript + ELECTRON (My Full Setup)
- Fatemeh Paghar: useDeferredValue Hook
- Matías Hernández Arellano: Basic Type Transformations with Typescript
- gao-sun: Migrate a 60k LOC TypeScript (NodeJS) repo to ESM and testing become 4x faster (2/2)
- Bhaveek Jain: const a = [ ] is not an array?! 😱
- Kazuhiro "Kaz" Sera: Slack Next-gen Platform - Advanced Modals
- Kazuhiro "Kaz" Sera: Slack Next-gen Platform - Button Interactions
- Kazuhiro "Kaz" Sera: Slack Next-gen Platform - Scheduled Triggers
- Matt Angelosanto: Phero: Build type-safe, full-stack apps with TypeScript
- Maina Wycliffe: Supercharge your Firebase App Development using NX
- Kazuhiro "Kaz" Sera: Slack Next-gen Platform - Trigger Configurator
- Fatemeh Paghar: React useEffect only on Update
- Francisco Mendes: React Error Boundaries at the Route Level
- Kazuhiro "Kaz" Sera: Slack Next-gen Platform - "reaction_added" Event Trigger
- Matti Bar-Zeev: Supporting SASS in your TS React project using TSC and esbuild
- Harshal Limaye: How to use APP_INITIALIZER token in Angular
- Afonso Barracha: NestJS GraphQL image upload into a S3 bucket
- Kazuhiro "Kaz" Sera: Slack Next-gen Platform - Built-in Forms
- Arsalan Ahmed Yaldram: Create Collapsible components using react hooks
- Kazuhiro "Kaz" Sera: Slack Next-gen Platform - Datastores
- Majd-sufyan: You should know aobut the filter(Boolean) trick 💡
- Kazuhiro "Kaz" Sera: Slack Next-gen Platform - "channel_created" Event Trigger
- Chafroud Tarek: Refresh Token implementation in nodejs with typescript
- Kazuhiro "Kaz" Sera: Slack Next-gen Platform - Unit Testing
- ShasheeshPurohit: Why use Typescript?
- Martin Anders: How to apply responsive font sizes in Tailwind
- Acid Coder: Typescript Loop Tuple With Length > 1000
- Peter Wainaina: Setting up and configuring the TypeScript Compiler(simplified).
- Francisco Mendes: Component Based React Error Boundaries
- Michael Di Prisco: My Journey in Open Source - key-value-cache
- Sergey Korsik: Refactoring. TS Types.
- Dan Fletcher: Type Widening Is Kinda Weird
- Hackertab 🖥️: Singleton Design Pattern in Typescript
- JianTeng: Checking union types in Typescript
- Md Shihab Shumon: Introduction to TypeScript
- Nashe Omirro: create fast type-safe polymorphic components with the as-prop
- Alba Moreno: Path Aliases with TypeScript in React
- VeeWeb Code: How to use Zustand in Next js , Typescript & React Project
- Maciej Pyrc: Hyper Fetch 3.0 is out! 🎉
- Caleb Adepitan: Dot Notation Type Accessor in TypeScript
- Oscar: The Witcher Card Game Live
- code-with-onye: Discover the magic of the TypeScript type system and how it works its magic on your code
- Engr. Promise: A Quick Overview of TypeScript
- j1ngzoue: Type-safe use of css custom-property in Vite
- Reza Nazari: Custom i18n library
- Jatin Sharma: Typescript: Types
- Daniel Bartholomae: Rewriting my blog from scratch with NextJS
- 0xkoji: Create a simple spinner with reactjs + styled-components
- Joshua Okechukwu: Component design and structure with React Typescript. — Thinking about components from an architectural point of view — part 1
Our Repo Picks
- excalidraw/excalidraw (TypeScript): Virtual whiteboard for sketching hand-drawn like diagrams
- novuhq/novu (TypeScript): The open-source notification infrastructure for products. Add a notification center for your React, Vue and Angular apps 🚀
- AmruthPillai/Reactive-Resume (TypeScript): A one-of-a-kind resume builder that keeps your privacy in mind. Completely secure, customizable, portable, open-source and free forever. Try it out today!
- bitwarden/clients (TypeScript): Bitwarden client applications (web, browser extension, desktop, and cli)
- upscayl/upscayl (TypeScript): 🆙 Upscayl - Free and Open Source AI Image Upscaler for Linux, MacOS and Windows built with Linux-First philosophy.
- kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap (TypeScript): Interactive roadmaps, guides and other educational content to help developers grow in their careers.
- appwrite/appwrite (TypeScript): Secure Backend Server for Web, Mobile & Flutter Developers 🚀 AKA the 100% open-source Firebase alternative.
- lensterxyz/lenster (TypeScript): Lenster is a decentralized, and permissionless social media app built with Lens Protocol 🌿
- illacloud/illa-builder (TypeScript): 🚀Retool open-source alternative, with low-code UI components and support for multiple data resources.
- joBr99/nspanel-lovelace-ui (TypeScript): Custom Firmware for NsPanel with the design of HomeAssistant's lovelace UI in mind, works with Tasmota.
- remotion-dev/remotion (TypeScript): 🎥 Make videos programmatically with React
- vueuse/vueuse (TypeScript): Collection of essential Vue Composition Utilities for Vue 2 and 3
- yangshun/tech-interview-handbook (TypeScript): 💯 Curated coding interview preparation materials for busy software engineers
- tamagui/tamagui (TypeScript): Universal UI kit and style system for React Native + Web - with an optimizing compiler 🚄
- toeverything/AFFiNE (TypeScript): There can be more than Notion and Miro. AFFiNE is a next-gen knowledge base that brings planning, sorting and creating all together. Privacy first, open-source, customizable and ready to use.
- supabase/supabase (TypeScript): The open source Firebase alternative. Follow to stay updated about our public Beta.
- transitive-bullshit/nextjs-notion-starter-kit (TypeScript): Deploy your own Notion-powered website in minutes with Next.js and Vercel.
- Cameri/nostream (TypeScript): A Nostr Relay written in TypeScript
- openai/openai-node (TypeScript): Node.js library for the OpenAI API
- TanStack/query (TypeScript): 🤖 Powerful asynchronous state management, server-state utilities and data fetching for TS/JS, React, Solid, Svelte and Vue.
- vercel/satori (TypeScript): Enlightened library to convert HTML and CSS to SVG
- nocodb/nocodb (TypeScript): 🔥 🔥 🔥 Open Source Airtable Alternative
- fiatjaf/nostr-tools (TypeScript): Tools for developing Nostr clients.
- leerob/leerob.io (TypeScript): ✨ My portfolio built with Next.js, Tailwind, Prisma, and Vercel.
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄