TLWI TypeScript #56
Hi there, and welcome to this week's newsletter! We've got some exciting topics to dive into, so let's get started!
If you're already using TypeScript with React, then you won't want to miss our next featured link on the Top 5 mistakes to avoid when using React with TypeScript. We've got our expert developers sharing their valuable tips on how to avoid common errors and write clean, efficient code.
And speaking of efficient code, have you heard about the VSCode + ChatGPT = Auto Unit Test partnership? It's an innovative way to streamline your testing process, automating unit tests with the help of ChatGPT. We'll be giving you the run-down on how it all works.
Next, we've got some exciting news for all the Slack users out there! The Slack Next-gen Platform - External API Calls is making some big waves in the developer community, enabling seamless communication between Slack and other apps. We'll tell you everything you need to know about this next-gen platform.
Lastly, we're taking a closer look at the Concepts behind modern frameworks. With so many frameworks out there, it can be difficult to know where to start. But worry not, we've got you covered with an overview of the key concepts behind modern frameworks that will set you up for success.
That's it for this week's newsletter. We hope you found these links informative and helpful in your coding journey. Until next time, happy coding!
Our Article Picks
- Alex Lohr: Concepts behind modern frameworks
- Jeongho Nam: [Typia] 15,000x faster TypeScript Validator and its histories
- ymc9: 11 Tips That Make You a Better Typescript Programmer
- Rahul: 5 Reasons Why Every React Developer Should Learn TypeScript
- Bruno: Getting started with TypeScript + React
- Duc Le: Improve Your Next.js App’s Performance in 10 Minutes
- VIKAS CHOUBEY: Hoisting
- Stephen Cooper: Does Angular Support Generic Component Types?
- Matt Angelosanto: Web workers, React, and TypeScript
- PranavB6: Simple React-Hook-Form v7 Tutorial with Typescript
- Bentil Shadrack: Do I need TypeScript?
- Arafat: Difference between types and interfaces in Typescript
- Sergey Korsik: Refactoring. The beginning.
- Matteo Bruni: tsParticles 2.7.0 Released
- Sheelah Brennan: Favorite TypeScript Resources
- Barsukov Nikita: Taiga UI: Year of the Tiger
- CJ R.: Coding Garden Log - Entry 0
- JS: Dynamic return type based on input parameter in TypeScript like Prisma
- ayka.code: Exploring the Power of Typescript Decorators: Real-World Examples and Best Practices
- Jacob Asper: Implement
- Guilherme Niches: Utility Types, in Typescript.
- Adrian Matei: How to use jest test.each function
- Delightful Engineering: Nest JS Websockets - Guards and Authorization with CASL
- mark vachi: Managing Task Status Transitions in TypeScript with Enums and Object Mapping
- Murillo Nahás: A dive into Interfaces vs. Type Aliases in TypeScript
- Masui Masanori: [Windows] Try Electron 2
- Michael: TypeGuards in TypeScript
- Kazuhiro "Kaz" Sera: Slack Next-gen Platform - The Simplest "Hello World"
- Kazuhiro "Kaz" Sera: Slack Next-gen Platform - Custom Functions
- José Miguel Álvarez Vañó: Decorator pattern in TypeScript
- Kazuhiro "Kaz" Sera: Slack Next-gen Platform - External API Calls
- JianTeng: Extract dynamic text using regex capturing group
- Attila Večerek: Task monads
- Gianpiero Errigo: AnimationFactory: how Angular creates animation renderers
- Bhaveek Jain: Top 5 mistakes to avoid when using React with Typescript
- Mariusz Malek: VSCode + ChatGPT = Auto Unit Test
- Yuiko Ito: OpenAI: AI reviews your code automatically!
- Aodhan Hamilton: I was afraid of TS, now my blog is written in it and I love it.
- Gianluca Jahn: Building a MacOS Clone in TypeScript React 🍏
- Thomas Reggi: The Vision Behind the "Widget" Site: A Deep Dive into Component-Based Design
- Michael Di Prisco: My Journey In The Open Source World
- Rahul Sharma: TypeScript Advanced Concepts: How to Use Utility Types Like a Pro
- viistorrr: Setear rutas relativas en NextJS
- Fernando: Learning to build an API in NestJS (Node + Typescript) - Part 05
- Michael Di Prisco: My Journey in Open Source - event-emitter
- Acid Coder: Typescript WTF Moments 10: The Special Case: T extends B
- Ogunniyi Owamamwen: Angular 15 StandAlone Component
- Acid Coder: Typescript WTF Moments 9: Evolving Empty Array Type
- Olga Kiba: How I became a part of AliExpress localization
- Smartniggs: Getting Started with NestJS Framework for NodeJS Applications
- Henri de la Hoz: Including standalone components in your module based Angular application routes.
- Shivam Singh: Different Types Of Console Methods You Must Know
- Dan Fletcher: Handling Exceptions In TypeScript
- Megha Ghotkar: File System Module in Node JS
- Behrang Saeedzadeh: export default
- SeongKuk Han: I ruined my React components by using optional props
- L Javier Tovar: Take your modals to the next level! How to create reusable and customizable modals with React and TypeScript
- Sachit: Typescript: Type guards with zod
- tupe12334: Compilation vs. Transpilation
Our Repo Picks
- Infisical/infisical (TypeScript): ♾ Infisical is an open-source, end-to-end encrypted tool to sync environment variables across your team and infrastructure.
- riffusion/riffusion-app (TypeScript): Stable diffusion for real-time music generation (web app)
- illacloud/illa-builder (TypeScript): An open-source low-code Platform for Developers.
- sveltejs/svelte (TypeScript): Cybernetically enhanced web apps
- nocobase/nocobase (TypeScript): NocoBase is a scalability-first, open-source no-code/low-code platform to build internal tools.
- gothinkster/realworld (TypeScript): "The mother of all demo apps" — Exemplary fullstack Medium.com clone powered by React, Angular, Node, Django, and many more 🏅
- bitwarden/clients (TypeScript): Bitwarden client applications (web, browser extension, desktop, and cli)
- backstage/backstage (TypeScript): Backstage is an open platform for building developer portals
- supabase/supabase (TypeScript): The open source Firebase alternative. Follow to stay updated about our public Beta.
- remotion-dev/remotion (TypeScript): 🎥 Make videos programmatically with React
- vercel/nextjs-subscription-payments (TypeScript): Clone, deploy, and fully customize a SaaS subscription application with Next.js.
- kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap (TypeScript): Interactive roadmaps, guides and other educational content to help developers grow in their careers.
- transitive-bullshit/chatgpt-twitter-bot (TypeScript): Twitter bot powered by OpenAI's ChatGPT. It's aliveeeee 🤖
- expo/expo (TypeScript): An open-source platform for making universal native apps with React. Expo runs on Android, iOS, and the web.
- Unleash/unleash (TypeScript): Unleash is the open source feature toggle service.
- BishopFox/unredacter (TypeScript): Never ever ever use pixelation as a redaction technique
- Atri-Labs/atrilabs-engine (TypeScript): Full stack web development framework to build Progressive Web Apps (PWA) faster ✨
- mattermost/mattermost-webapp (TypeScript): Webapp of Mattermost server: https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-server
- rocketseat-education/ignite-lab-nodejs (TypeScript): Microsserviço de notificações desenvolvido no Ignite Lab 04 de Node.js
- SigNoz/signoz (TypeScript): SigNoz is an open-source APM. It helps developers monitor their applications & troubleshoot problems, an open-source alternative to DataDog, NewRelic, etc. 🔥 🖥. 👉 Open source Application Performance Monitoring (APM) & Observability tool
- supabase/auth-helpers (TypeScript): A collection of framework specific Auth utilities for working with Supabase.
- vercel/satori (TypeScript): Enlightened library to convert HTML and CSS to SVG
- toeverything/AFFiNE (TypeScript): There can be more than Notion and Miro. AFFiNE is a next-gen knowledge base that brings planning, sorting and creating all together. Privacy first, open-source, customizable and ready to use.
- microsoft/playwright (TypeScript): Playwright is a framework for Web Testing and Automation. It allows testing Chromium, Firefox and WebKit with a single API.
- tradingview/lightweight-charts (TypeScript): Financial lightweight charts built with HTML5 canvas
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄