TLWI TypeScript #5
Welcome fellow nerds and tech enthusiasts to our latest edition of the newsletter! This week, we'll be exploring a variety of tools and tips to help you build better web frontends. Are you ready? Let's dive right in!
First up, we have an exciting feature from none other than Amazon Web Services -- Mocking API endpoints with Amazon API Gateway Mock Integration. This is a helpful tool for testing and development purposes. With it, you can simulate API calls and server responses without actually having to set up and run servers. How cool is that?
Next on the list, we have something for all you React developers out there. Placeholder and Initial Data in React Query is an invaluable resource that will save you both time and headaches. It offers a variety of options for providing initial data to your components, including placeholders and custom handlers. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, you won't want to miss this one.
For those of you working with TypeScript and JSON-Schema, we have just the thing. Convert TS <-> JSON-Schema w/ typeconv is a powerful tool that makes it easy to convert between these two formats. With its user-friendly interface and robust conversion algorithms, you'll be able to transform your data with ease.
We wouldn't want to leave out the Vue.js crowd, now would we? Our next feature is all about Generically Typed Vue.js Components. This is a must-read article for anyone looking to create reusable, highly customizable Vue.js components. It covers everything from the basics of component design to more advanced techniques like generic typing and component composition.
Last but not least, we have a little something to motivate you to keep striving for greatness. A Motivational Post About Creating Good Web Frontends is just the thing you need to get inspired and refocused on your goals. We know that building great web frontends can be challenging sometimes, but with perseverance and a little help from your friends (like us!), you can achieve anything you set your mind to.
Updates From The TypeScript Blog
- Announcing TypeScript 4.4 RC - August 12, 2021
Hot Typescript Articles This Week On Reddit
Our Article Picks
- KR Tirtho: Reactjs | Perfect tools for the perfect use cases🛠️💥
- KR Tirtho: Nestjs🐺⚡ | The framework of Nodejs (Part-1)
- Anatolii: Best Redux Architecture
- Pavan K Jadda: Authorization Guards with React Router
- digitallyinduced: Haskell as an alternative to TypeScript
- Aya Bouchiha: 10 Of The Most Amazing JS Libraries That Almost You Will Enjoy Using Them In Your Project!
- Ted Ngeene: Everything you need to know about AdonisJs
- Theodorus Clarence: Next.js + Tailwind CSS + TypeScript Starter Template
- Dominik D: Placeholder and Initial Data in React Query
- William Jackson: Top 50 React Native interview questions (with answers) ✔✔
- KR Tirtho: Nestjs🐺⚡ | The framework of Nodejs (Part-2)
- Ajit Singh: Updates on Dev.to clone in Angular - August 13
- Valentine Awe: Ng-magical directives series (*ngTemplateOutlet)
- Wojciech Matuszewski: Mocking API endpoints with Amazon API Gateway Mock Integration
- Vikrant Bhat: How to add Environment variables in a React Native project with TS
- Miguel: How does pick work in typescript ⛏️
- Renan C. Ferro: @Output(), compartilhando dados entre filho e pai, e até avô !
- Sekab: Why Singletons Are Bad?
- Alex Devero: Introduction to Object Types in TypeScript Pt2
- tnzk: Jest-gauge, a Jest extension to write acceptance tests in natural languages like Gauge
- Maciek Grzybek: Promise.allSettled explained - Little Bits
- Sergey Nikitin: Adapting One Old UI Components Library To Work In TypeScript Code
- Yuiko Ito: Recognize facial expressions and change face to Emoji using face-api.js with Next.js+TypeScript
- Ajay kumbhare: 1. Implement custom Pick Type in TypeScript
- kalilinux: jsPolicy – Kubernetes Policies
- Anirban Mukherjee: Custom angular form component
- Pavan K Jadda: React Cookies management with simple hooks
- Web Dev Ken: A Motivational Post About Creating Good Web Frontends
- Antonio Villagra De La Cruz: Node package code starter setup
- Anatolii: Reduce is awesome ♥
- Warren Wong: Testing Authenticated Routes in AdonisJS
- Cory Robinson: Convert TS <-> JSON-Schema w/ typeconv
- Ricardo Borges: Merge Sort
- Andrew Stacy: Better JS Logging for Micro-Frontends, Browser, Node
- Kevan Stannard: Thinking in ReScript
- Koji (he/him): Generate Types from Contentful
- Masui Masanori: [TypeScript][Express] Try React 2
- Kristian Dupont: Testing in production: using JSON Schema for 3rd party API response validation
- Jérôme Pott: Weekend project: creating a media viewer
- Rubén Aguilera Díaz-Heredero: Montar proyecto NodeJS con TypeScript
- es404020: Lazy loading Angular
- Sardorbek Imomaliev: Vite vue ts tailwind template: Setup Jest coverage and add tests
- Duc Nguyen: How to Compile Smart Contract in React
- ahmedsaba: How to add progress bar when click upload button?
- Mat Jones: Introducing Yaclt (Yet Another ChangeLog Tool)
- Abdelrahman Awad: Generically Typed Vue.js Components
- Barin Britva: TypeScript: Sorting out tsconfig. Part 2
- Kamana: Implementation of Vote feature in ionic 4.
- eyalbmma: trying to add ads.txt to the root of my domain
- Natália Satie: Experience in an intership
- TheOneAndOnly: Online Text Editors & Newlines
- Gajender Tyagi: Well...I'ts hoisting after all
- Marlos Rodriguez: Por que aprender TypeScript - Tutorial en español
Our Repo Picks
- kawalcovid19/wargabantuwarga.com (TypeScript): Inisiatif warga untuk berbagi informasi seputar fasilitas kesehatan dan alat kesehatan untuk COVID-19.
- conwnet/github1s (TypeScript): One second to read GitHub code with VS Code.
- BuilderIO/mitosis (TypeScript): Write components once, run everywhere. Compiles to Vue, React, Solid, Angular, Svelte, and more.
- laurent22/joplin (TypeScript): Joplin - an open source note taking and to-do application with synchronization capabilities for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. Forum: https://discourse.joplinapp.org/
- vueuse/vueuse (TypeScript): Collection of essential Vue Composition Utilities for Vue 2 and 3
- aws/aws-cdk (TypeScript): The AWS Cloud Development Kit is a framework for defining cloud infrastructure in code
- withfig/autocomplete (TypeScript): Fig adds autocomplete to your terminal.
- chakra-ui/chakra-ui (TypeScript): ⚡️ Simple, Modular & Accessible UI Components for your React Applications
- typescript-eslint/typescript-eslint (TypeScript): ✨ Monorepo for all the tooling which enables ESLint to support TypeScript
- Uniswap/uniswap-v3-core (TypeScript): 🦄 🦄 🦄 Core smart contracts of Uniswap v3
- slidevjs/slidev (TypeScript): Presentation Slides for Developers (Beta)
- oppia/oppia (TypeScript): A free, online learning platform to make quality education accessible for all.
- growthbook/growthbook (TypeScript): The Open Source A/B Testing Platform
- react-navigation/react-navigation (TypeScript): Routing and navigation for your React Native apps
- type-challenges/type-challenges (TypeScript): Collection of TypeScript type challenges with online judge
- cdr/code-server (TypeScript): VS Code in the browser
- bkimminich/juice-shop (TypeScript): OWASP Juice Shop: Probably the most modern and sophisticated insecure web application
- bubkoo/html-to-image (TypeScript): ✂️ Generates an image from a DOM node using HTML5 canvas and SVG.
- microsoft/vscode (TypeScript): Visual Studio Code
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄