TLWI TypeScript #44
Greetings, fellow tech enthusiasts! We're back with yet another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter, bringing you all the latest updates from the world of software development. This past week has been an exhilarating one, with several noteworthy releases and updates that are sure to pique your interest.
First on our list is the much-anticipated announcement of TypeScript 4.7 RC. This latest release of the popular programming language promises to bring with it several new features and improvements, including better error messages and a more robust type system. We can't wait to see what developers will create with this powerful tool.
In the world of frontend development, there's no shortage of exciting news either. The latest edition of the Frontend News newsletter, edition 25, is out now and features updates on Node v18, Redux v8, and new plugins that are sure to take your web development game to the next level. With new tools and frameworks constantly emerging, staying on top of the latest trends has never been more important.
On the tools and frameworks front, there's been some exciting developments too. For those interested in building weather apps, we highly recommend checking out the Weather app built with Svelte on Vite. This impressive app is a testament to the power and flexibility of these technologies when used together.
But that's not all - we've also got some exciting news for those working with GraphQL. Meet a fully-featured, production-ready caching GraphQL client designed specifically for every UI framework and GraphQL server. With its impressive array of features and capabilities, this tool is sure to make your GraphQL development process smoother and more efficient than ever before.
Last but not least, for those working with deeply nested JSON structures in TypeScript, we've got just the thing. Introducing ts-jackson, a library that makes it easy to serialize and deserialize complex JSON structures in TypeScript. With its simple yet powerful API, this library is a must-have for any developer working with large-scale data structures.
That's all for this week - keep on coding, and we'll see you next time with the latest updates from the world of tech.
Updates From The TypeScript Blog
- Announcing TypeScript 4.7 RC - May 11, 2022
Hot Typescript Articles This Week On Reddit
- Announcing TypeScript 4.7 RC (3 days ago)
- Is there a better way for type narrowing of discriminated unions? (5 days ago)
Our Article Picks
- Luke Shiru: The paired hook pattern
- Josh Cole: You’re Doing Environment Variables All Wrong - A Node.js Perspective
- Ben Weier: useMindmap
- Simon Kardell: Typesafe useReducer with React Context
- Michael Umeokoli: Understanding TypeScript....My Experience
- Alex Suarez: React dot notation component with TS
- Aviad Shikloshi: One Hour with Deno
- Chetan Rohilla: Ionic 6 Custom Color Variables
- Rubin: Typescript notes
- Rungsikorn Rungsikavanich: STOP USING window as any
- Shakvilla: What is Declaration merging in Typescript?
- hacker4world: Nestjs: Introduction and setup
- Stanislav Karol: electron-forge настройка paths в tsconfig
- smac89: Overloading vs Overriding in Typescript
- MNDSE: React tips for beginner.
- kaede: React TypeScript Auth0 でログイン/ログアウト とユーザー情報の表示を実装する
- Gabriel_Silvestre: Introdução ao TypeScript
- Mayar Deeb: Form validation in Angular
- Justin Calleja: Creating different Typescript function type signatures based on types bound to generics on use
- GF: End-to-end GraphQL error handling?
- Gabriel_Silvestre: TypeScript - Tipagem Estática e Generics
- Manuel Sanchez: Offlex - Video Streaming Platform (Day 1/3)
- Acid Coder: Jest + Typescript minus TS-Jest
- Ilias Gazdaliev: Introducing ts-jackson, a typescript library to deserialize/serialize deeply nested json structures.
- Acid Coder: Babel Node + Typescript minus TS Node
- Dhanush: Angular 13 Detect Width and Height of Screen Tutorial
- kaede: 手を動かしながら学ぶ TypeScript Part 4 -- クラスベースで作成し、HTMLElement の型定義を深掘りする
- Aravind V: 🐉 AWS CDK 101 - 🏇 Using batched dynamodb stream to delete item on another dynamodb table
- Martin Muller: Create and delete AWS Accounts programmatically
- Pavel M: TypeScript ValidityState
- Johnny Simpson: How to give Props Default Values in Vue
- Johnny Simpson: How the TypeScript ReturnType Type works
- Matheus Palma: I know why you don't use Typescript
- Johnny Simpson: How to pass arguments to events like on:click in Svelte
- Karthikeyan: How to build a Hacker news clone using Remix, Tailwind css ?
- Frontend House: Node v18, Redux v8 and new plugins - Frontend News 25
- Daniel Pescador: Creating an expandable profile card
- Gabriel_Silvestre: Set-up: Express com TypeScript
- Marcos Taylor: Animation with react-native-reanimated
- Syed Ali Mansoor: Weather app built with Svelte on Vite
- Ismael Ramos: Are you learning Angular?
- Kamil Sołtys: GlitchyNFT - Appwrite Hackathon
- David Armendáriz: Creating a Discord bot with discord.js, Typescript and Heroku
- Mackan: Devlog: Mushroom-series
- Joel Turner: Instagram to Cloudinary
Our Repo Picks
- Tencent/tmagic-editor (TypeScript): undefined
- bitwarden/clients (TypeScript): Bitwarden client applications (web, browser extension, desktop, and cli)
- appsmithorg/appsmith (TypeScript): Low code project to build admin panels, internal tools, and dashboards. Integrates with 15+ databases and any API.
- microsoft/vscode (TypeScript): Visual Studio Code
- purocean/yn (TypeScript): A Hackable Markdown Note Application for Programmers. Version control, AI completion, mind map, documents encryption, code snippet running, integrated terminal, chart embedding, HTML applets, plug-in, and macro replacement.
- type-challenges/type-challenges (TypeScript): Collection of TypeScript type challenges with online judge
- directus/directus (TypeScript): The Modern Data Stack 🐰 — Directus is an instant REST+GraphQL API and intuitive no-code data collaboration app for any SQL database.
- ant-design/ant-design (TypeScript): An enterprise-class UI design language and React UI library
- freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp (TypeScript): freeCodeCamp.org's open-source codebase and curriculum. Learn to code for free.
- jsonhero-io/jsonhero-web (TypeScript): JSON Hero is an open-source, beautiful JSON explorer for the web that lets you browse, search and navigate your JSON files at speed. 🚀
- AykutSarac/jsonvisio.com (TypeScript): 🧩 Visualize your JSON data onto graphs seamlessly.
- prisma/prisma (TypeScript): Next-generation ORM for Node.js & TypeScript | PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, SQLite, MongoDB and CockroachDB (Preview)
- pnpm/pnpm (TypeScript): Fast, disk space efficient package manager -- 快速的，节省磁盘空间的包管理工具
- thecodingmachine/workadventure (TypeScript): A collaborative web application (virtual office) presented as a 16-bit RPG video game
- vuetifyjs/vuetify (TypeScript): 🐉 Material Component Framework for Vue
- PostHog/posthog (TypeScript): 🦔 PostHog provides open-source product analytics that you can self-host.
- apollographql/apollo-client (TypeScript): 🚀 A fully-featured, production ready caching GraphQL client for every UI framework and GraphQL server.
- transitive-bullshit/nextjs-notion-starter-kit (TypeScript): Deploy your own Notion-powered website in minutes with Next.js and Vercel.
- palantir/blueprint (TypeScript): A React-based UI toolkit for the web
- streamich/react-use (TypeScript): React Hooks — 👍
- cloudflare/wrangler2 (TypeScript): ⛅️ The CLI for Cloudflare Workers®
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄