TLWI TypeScript #42
Welcome back to another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter! We've got some really interesting articles for you to check out this week, so let's dive right in!
Have you been struggling to get your head around implementing methods and properties using an interface in TypeScript? Well, you're in luck! This article has got you covered. It provides a step-by-step guide on how to create a class that implements a specific interface, making your code much cleaner and more modular.
Are you a fan of the hugely popular video game Final Fantasy VIII? Did you know that it's actually written in TypeScript? This article explores how TypeScript was used to develop this classic game and the benefits it provided. Whether you're a fan of the game or just interested in TypeScript development, this article is a must-read.
Are you feeling nostalgic for the good old days of 1995? Well, this article will transport you right back in time! It explores what a Mac computer with everything you'd want in 1995 would look like. From the classic Apple design to the top-of-the-line specs, this article is a fascinating read for anyone interested in tech history.
Are you looking for a simple and effective way to validate data with TypeScript? You might be surprised to learn that you don't need any external libraries! This article provides a straightforward approach to data validation, using only the features provided by TypeScript.
And finally, if you're interested in the ongoing debate around TypeScript, this article provides some insightful thoughts and opinions. Whether you're a die-hard TypeScript fan or a skeptic, this article offers a balanced perspective on the pros and cons of the language.
That's it for this week's newsletter. We hope you enjoyed it and found some interesting topics to explore. Stay tuned for more exciting content next week!
Our Article Picks
- JoelBonetR: To TS or not to TS, that is NOT the question. Is it?
- Rahul Ramteke: Seamlessly offloading typescript compilation
- Vicky V: How to create an auth login system with axios interceptors (TypeScript) PART I
- rachelle palmer: Prisma now offers MongoDB Support!
- Daniel Fyhr: 5 Useful TypeScript Features In VS Code
- Will Koller: Como evitar SQL Injection no MongoDB
- tq-bit: An Introduction to Vue 3 and Typescript: Component properties and events
- Jakub Andrzejewski: How our team member Jakub helped improve the DX of new Nuxt 3 CLI!
- Dawson Codes: Building a REST API with Prisma and express.js
- Pato Z: The Tinkering Hobbit (excerpt from The hidden language within the language)
- Volodymyr Yepishev: Override Method Return with a Decorator
- Stefano Magni: Keeping TypeScript Type Guards safe and up to date (a simpler solution)
- Johnny Simpson: How the TypeScript Parameters Type Works
- WebeleonFR: Cursus NestJS - Les Controllers
- Andronik Nazaryan: AWS Lambda Typescript Template
- Michael Muscat: Render as you fetch with Angular lifecycle hooks
- Uday Yadav: TypeScript 101
- Ahmed Chakhoum: A better way to work with URLs using vueUse useFetch() + useUrl()
- Teerasej Jiraphatchandej: Step-by-step to turn your fresh node project to use typescript
- kaede: 手を動かしながら学ぶ TypeScript Part 3 --高度な型
- Lucas jin: Typescript generic type - basic concept
- A. Sharif: Notes on Advanced TypeScript: Transforming Types
- Roy Hadad: How to create a react app with Go support using WebAssembly in under 60 seconds
- Pedro Figueiredo: Generics vs Function Overloading vs Union Type Arguments in TypeScript
- SilvenLEAF: Generate apk for PURE React Native App
- Dany Paredes: Obteniendo el mayor valor de nuestros tests en Angular
- udiko: Migrate to typescript
- Rubin: Unknown type in typescript
- MELVIN GEORGE: How to make a class implement methods and properties using an interface in TypeScript?
- Max Rohde: Sending Emails with SES, Terraform and TypeScript
- Manuel Artero Anguita: Type hints on pure .js files
- kaede: 手を動かしながら学ぶ TypeScript Part 2 -- 応用的な型
- Rungsikorn Rungsikavanich: How to proper use ambient enum from Definition file
- Windson Mateus 🇺🇦: Upgrading from Angular 8 to 13
- Lucas Souza: Vue.js e os princípios do SOLID
- Johnny Simpson: How the TypeScript Parameters Type Works
- David Rickard: Dependency Injection with Webpack and TypeScript
- Sebastien Lorber: This Week In React #103: Contentlayer, Remotion 3, Stale Closure, Cross-platform, Jest 28, Hydration, Netlify Edge Functions...
- Ria Pacheco: Using Local Storage for Remembering User Visits
- Christian Engel: Mocking modules with jest and typescript
- mast1ff: MiuJS: a framework for building HTML applications packed with the minimum necessary functionality
- peerhenry: Typesafe mockable globals in Vue3
- Tracy-Gregory Gilmore: My thoughts on the TypeScript debate
- Luke Harold Miles: Simple typescript data validation without libraries
- Alexandre Fernandes dos Santos: Criando uma API de páginas estáticas básica com Deno 🦕
- Matt Angelosanto: Upgrading to React 18 with TypeScript
- akinkarayun: What is the difference between Functional and Class Based Component and How to convert one another?
- Jelte Lagendijk: Generating SVG Art in your browser
- Lioness100: Adding URL Search Parameters to Imports!
- Phil: Final Fantasy VIII & TypeScript
- Sacha Clerc-Renaud: Decouple Your Application Layer
- MELVIN GEORGE: How to make class fields or methods accessible only to its class in TypeScript?
- MELVIN GEORGE: How to make class fields or methods accessible only to class and subclass in TypeScript?
- MELVIN GEORGE: How to create methods that can be accessed without creating an instance of the class in TypeScript?
- Kevin Haube: The Case for useContext
- Ria Pacheco: Custom/Reusable Toggle Component (with Angular Animations)
- Alexander Kim: Setup path aliases w/ React + Vite + TS
Our Repo Picks
- AykutSarac/jsonvisio.com (TypeScript): 🧩 Visualize your JSON data onto graphs seamlessly.
- nuxt/framework (TypeScript): The Hybrid Vue(3) Framework.
- sunflower-land/sunflower-land (TypeScript): undefined
- ant-design/ant-design (TypeScript): An enterprise-class UI design language and React UI library
- kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap (TypeScript): Roadmap to becoming a developer in 2022
- unocss/unocss (TypeScript): The instant on-demand atomic CSS engine.
- appsmithorg/appsmith (TypeScript): Low code project to build admin panels, internal tools, and dashboards. Integrates with 15+ databases and any API.
- WalletConnect/walletconnect-monorepo (TypeScript): WalletConnect Monorepo
- desktop/desktop (TypeScript): Simple collaboration from your desktop
- mihaip/infinite-mac (TypeScript): A Mac with everything you'd want in 1995.
- chakra-ui/chakra-ui (TypeScript): ⚡️ Simple, Modular & Accessible UI Components for your React Applications
- nrwl/nx (TypeScript): Smart, Fast and Extensible Build System
- pmndrs/zustand (TypeScript): 🐻 Bear necessities for state management in React
- conventional-changelog/commitlint (TypeScript): 📓 Lint commit messages
- botpress/botpress (TypeScript): 🤖 Dev tools to reliably understand text and automate conversations. Built-in NLU. Connect & deploy on any messaging channel (Slack, MS Teams, website, Telegram, etc).
- sveltejs/svelte (TypeScript): Cybernetically enhanced web apps
- zhaodeezhu/xioo-docs (TypeScript): 基于 am-editor 和 drawio 的工作流富文本编辑器
- NG-ZORRO/ng-zorro-antd (TypeScript): Angular UI Component Library based on Ant Design
- changesets/changesets (TypeScript): 🦋 A way to manage your versioning and changelogs with a focus on monorepos
- angular/angular (TypeScript): The modern web developer’s platform
- RedisInsight/RedisInsight (TypeScript): RedisInsight
- codex-team/editor.js (TypeScript): A block-styled editor with clean JSON output
- squidfunk/mkdocs-material (TypeScript): Documentation that simply works
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄