TLWI TypeScript #33
Greetings, newsletter readers! We hope this edition of our weekly newsletter finds you well. We've got some exciting tech content for you this week, with a focus on Typescript and React. If you love geeking out over code, you're definitely in the right place!
First up, if you're looking to sharpen your skills in sorting algorithms, you'll love this piece! Our intrepid writers have implemented several sorting algorithms in Typescript, making it easier than ever to understand their inner workings. You'll definitely want to check it out if you're interested in improving your algorithm skills.
Speaking of Typescript, have you ever tried using it with React? This article outlines how to do just that, and provides some helpful tips for working with these two powerful technologies. Whether you're a longtime React fan or new to the scene, we think you'll learn a lot from this one.
Next, we've got a two-part series on using Zodios to request dev.to articles. Part one is up now, and it's perfect for anyone who's interested in learning how to make API requests more effectively. Whether you're a seasoned developer or just starting out, there's plenty of helpful advice in this article.
Last but not least, we've got a great tutorial on implementing, testing, and mocking Discord.js v13 slash commands with Typescript. Check it out here if you're interested in leveraging the power of Discord and Typescript to build killer chatbots and other apps.
Phew, that was a lot of great content! If you're still looking for more, we've got one final link for you. This article is all about optimizing React Context, and it's a must-read for anyone who wants to squeeze every last bit of performance out of their apps.
As always, thanks for reading our newsletter, and we hope you've found these tech resources helpful. Until next time, happy coding!
Our Article Picks
- Chris Bongers: TypeScript utility types: Pick and Omit
- Wojciech Matuszewski: Saving on AWS Lambda Amazon CloudWatch Logs costs
- Dawson Codes: 10 React community hooks you should be using
- Chris Bongers: Combining TypeScript utility types
- Enea Jahollari: Configure Prettier and ESLint with Angular
- Chris Bongers: TypeScript Readonly Utility type
- Chris Bongers: Object destructuring in TypeScript
- digitallyinduced: Build and deploy a real-time react chat app in under 10 minutes
- Alex Lohr: Testing your Solid.js code in vitest
- Vinicius Kiatkoski Neves: Importing existing AWS resources using AWS CDK
- Johnny Simpson: Creating your first Svelte App with SvelteKit
- Maina Wycliffe: The Tuple Type in Typescript
- Matteo Bruni: New tsParticles Confetti website is now live
- Tony Holdstock-Brown: Build a realtime websocket UI using SvelteKit
- Matteo Bruni: tsParticles 1.41.4 Released
- Sebastien Lorber: This Week In React #95: onRecoverableError, Next.js, Remix, ReactNode, Fabric, Flipper, Expo, React-Runner, State Of JS...
- Matteo Bruni: tsParticles 1.41.3 Released
- Sahara Banu: Typescript and tailwind css
- Aravind V: ❄️ Sorting Algorithms implemented in Typescript
- official_dulin: How would you name the TS interface like this(TS types naming convention)?
- Jesús Mejías Leiva: Code Smell | Divergent change
- Dany Paredes: Composition and inheritance in Angular
- Mark Kop: How to implement, test and mock Discord.js v13 slash commands with Typescript
- ofosukin: Https requests via 2 socks5 proxies
- Oscar Barajas Tavares: La WEB 3 se construye en TypeScript
- Matteo Bruni: tsParticles 2.0.2 is out. Breaking changes ahead, but keeping the 1.x support for now.
- Johan Eliasson: How to Add Authentication to Hasura
- Richard Jedlička: Web scraping with Node.js and Typescript - the scraper part (1/3)
- Igor Popov: Redux Form and Typescript testing with React Testing Library
- ecyrbe: How to request dev.to articles with Zodios (part 1/2)
- yw662: Some util functions I use in TS
- Fabien Schlegel: Begin React with Typescript
- Prabhu Murthy: Introducing react-creme, a new light weight UI component library for React
- Bartosz Zagrodzki: Jak zoptymalizować React Context?
- Stefano Magni: How I ease the next developer reading my code
- Juan Belieni: Functors in programming
- András Tóth: The "Simple, elegant type system is all you need" bias
- Jin: MAM: build frontend without pain
- Philippe Poulard: How to stringify and parse a graph
- Garrone Joseph: Bundle environment variables in create-react-app at launch time (not build time)!
- Egnoel: Creating a Simple TodoApp with React and TypeScript
- Aleksei Berezkin: 5 Unexpected Things About TypeScript
- Mustafa Omran: How To Use *ngIf else In Angular 2+
- Maxwell ADANZOUNNON: Build a PDF invoice template using only typescript and jspdf-autotable | No screen capture
- Everaldo Junior: The right way to use Flatlist + TypeScript + Styled Components in React Native
- Pascal Martineau: End to end type safety
- Ionut-Cristian Florescu: Use tRPC in your SvelteKit applications
- Divlo: 🧼 Clean Code
- Md Shah Jalal: Typescript with React
- Andrew Luca: 🪝Convert React Hook to Vue
- Jonathan Baldie: Building a Queue Server in TypeScript with Deno
- Shane Walker: Amplify, React and Typescript
- Fathe Karim: React typescript
- Maciej Krawczyk: Keystone.js 101
- Nate Folsom: Composable Reusable Components with Jotai
- Ethan Fertsch: Overloading Functions for Type Harmony
- カエデ: TS を tsc と node で動かす
- Miguel Ramos: Schema - Your data ruler validator
Our Repo Picks
- BishopFox/unredacter (TypeScript): Never ever ever use pixelation as a redaction technique
- alibaba/lowcode-engine (TypeScript): 一套面向扩展设计的企业级低代码技术体系
- withfig/autocomplete (TypeScript): Fig adds autocomplete to your terminal.
- vitejs/vite (TypeScript): Next generation frontend tooling. It's fast!
- ant-design/ant-design-mobile (TypeScript): Essential UI blocks for building mobile web apps.
- umijs/qiankun (TypeScript): 📦 🚀 Blazing fast, simple and complete solution for micro frontends.
- ant-design/ant-design-pro (TypeScript): 👨🏻💻👩🏻💻 Use Ant Design like a Pro!
- supabase/supabase (TypeScript): The open source Firebase alternative. Follow to stay updated about our public Beta.
- ant-design/pro-components (TypeScript): 🏆 Use Ant Design like a Pro!
- vbenjs/vben-admin-thin-next (TypeScript): vue-vben-admin-2.0 mini template.vue3,vite,typescript
- antfu/vitesse (TypeScript): 🏕 Opinionated Vite Starter Template
- youzan/vant (TypeScript): Lightweight Mobile UI Components built on Vue
- ianstormtaylor/slate (TypeScript): A completely customizable framework for building rich text editors. (Currently in beta.)
- laurent22/joplin (TypeScript): Joplin - an open source note taking and to-do application with synchronization capabilities for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. Forum: https://discourse.joplinapp.org/
- apache/superset (TypeScript): Apache Superset is a Data Visualization and Data Exploration Platform
- balena-io/etcher (TypeScript): Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives, safely and easily.
- desktop/desktop (TypeScript): Simple collaboration from your desktop
- nrwl/nx (TypeScript): Smart, Fast and Extensible Build System
- aws/aws-cdk (TypeScript): The AWS Cloud Development Kit is a framework for defining cloud infrastructure in code
- nuxt/framework (TypeScript): The Hybrid Vue(3) Framework.
- excalidraw/excalidraw (TypeScript): Virtual whiteboard for sketching hand-drawn like diagrams
- slidevjs/slidev (TypeScript): Presentation Slides for Developers (Beta)
- cuixiaorui/mini-vue (TypeScript): 实现最简 vue3 模型( Help you learn more efficiently vue3 source code )
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄