TLWI TypeScript #17
Hey there, newsletter pals! Are you ready for a jam-packed issue full of exciting tech articles and resources? Well, get ready, because we've got some amazing content for you this week!
First up, we have an article for all the TypeScript wizards out there who want to know how to make object properties number type values to number literal types. Check it out here! This tutorial is perfect for anyone who's been struggling with incompatible types and wants to take their coding skills to the next level.
Next, we have something seasonally appropriate for all you Halloween enthusiasts out there! One of our contributors made an app that's perfect for getting into the spooky spirit. Check it out here and let us know what you think! 🎃🦇🕸
For those of you who are looking to streamline your TypeScript projects, we've got just the thing. Use the 'tsconf-checker' package to easily validate your tsconfig.json. This package is a lifesaver when it comes to catching errors and preventing potential bugs.
Are you excited to dive deeper into the world of TypeScript? Then check out this article on playing with type operators. It breaks down some of the more complex concepts into easy-to-understand examples, making it perfect for anyone who wants to expand their knowledge.
Last but not least, we have a library that's perfect for anyone building RESTful APIs. Resty is a tiny, radix-tree based library that can help you build faster, more efficient APIs with less code. If you're looking to take your API-building game to the next level, this one's definitely worth checking out.
That's it for this week's newsletter, folks! We hope you enjoy these awesome resources and get inspired to take your coding skills to new heights. Stay tuned for more exciting content coming your way next week!
Updates From The TypeScript Blog
- Announcing TypeScript 4.5 RC - November 2, 2021
Hot Typescript Articles This Week On Reddit
- Announcing TypeScript 4.5 RC (4 days ago)
Our Article Picks
- Cameron McHenry: How To Do Anything in TypeScript With Type Guards
- Lasha Kakabadze: Free Next.js Portfolio Template
- Kirk Shillingford: A Most Magic TicTacToe solution with React and TS
- Keff: Can you find the bug in this piece of code? - RegExp edition 🌍
- sand4rt: How to configure import aliases in Vite, TypeScript and Jest
- Dmitrij Kuba: The new RouterOutlet events in Angular 13
- Gabriel Vaquer: Resty: a tiny, radix-tree based library for building RESTful APIs
- Calin Baenen: Respecting someone's gender in a Person object.
- Vinicius Souza: Creating Kubernetes Guestbook App With Pulumi
- Rahul Tarak: Depp - Basic Usage and Features
- Tobias Rydberg: Localization (l10n) with type safety tutorial
- SilvenLEAF: How to use PostgreSQL with NodeJS by SilvenLEAF
- Yuiko Ito: I made an app to enjoy Halloween🎃🦇🕸
- diptee: Angular : RxJS concatMap operator
- YoubaDev: Release new Library to measure & compare your Code!!
- Balram Rathore: Portfolio Web App Development using React, Typescript and Chakra UI
- Volodymyr Yepishev: Implementing React Check Permissions: the Component
- Felipe Marques: Angular: Environment
- SilvenLEAF: Easiest way to Test TypeScript using Jest by SilvenLEAF
- dbelokon: Hacktoberfest: Challenge #3
- NordicBeaver: Making the most boring website ever with TypeScript, NestJs, React and others. Part 7.
- Gabriel Vaquer: Can you make it even smaller?
- Henry Arbolaez: Compiling a Apollo Federated Graph with esBuild 🚀
- Nicolas Erny: Typescript: playing with type operators
- Jakub Przyborowski: Using Vue without actually using Vue. Ovee.js 2.1 just got released.
- Darshan-Bajeja: LERN GQL WITH ME: Schema Definition Language
- Herbie: React Native custom theme selector
- MELVIN GEORGE: How to make object properties string type values to string literal type in TypeScript?
- TrèsAbhi: How to stop infinite loop without breaking React's rule of hooks (useEffect)
- j1ngzoue: Easily validate tsconfig.json, Use the 'tsconf-checker' package
- MELVIN GEORGE: How to allow only certain string values for variables or constants in TypeScript?
- mohammed osama: NestJS Caching Globally neatly.
- Juan Pablo Djeredjian: Combining the power of React Query and GraphQL for data fetching and state management
- Samip Poudel: Google OAuth using TypeScript, Express.js, Passport.js & MongoDB
- Orinda Felix Ochieng: React context API state management with typescript
- Darragh O'Riordan: How to write an ESLint plugin in TypeScript
- Ricardo Chavarria: Omitir un Interceptor de Angular usando Context para Http Interceptors
- SilvenLEAF: Automate creating DB Schemas by SilvenLEAF
- Joey Goksu: The ultimate collection of production-ready NestJS Boilerplate
- Lucas Fridez: RESTful Api client with only GET + POST
- Dominic Barajas: Typescript and the Force
- kiranbansode: Week 1 - Building Projects to impress 🤯🤯 Employers or Hiring Managers [VoteSub]
- Chris Trześniewski: What's new in @this-dot@route-config v1.2
- Yuki Shindo: A mock of localStorage written in TypeScript
- Antonio Cardenas: Angular 13 ya esta disponible
- Calin Baenen: Typescript Example #1.
- Volodymyr Yepishev: Implementing React Check Permissions: the Hook
- MELVIN GEORGE: How to allow only certain number values for variables or constants in TypeScript?
- MELVIN GEORGE: How to make object properties number type values to number literal type in TypeScript?
- Marcello Barile: AtlasGQL - A self-composing GraphQL server library using TypeScript, Express and Apollo Server
- dbelokon: Hacktoberfest: Final Challenge
- Antonio Cardenas: Hoja de ruta de Angular
- Rodion Chachura: How to make versatile React buttons?
- Corentin: Cannot find name 'Bugsnag'
- Pariskrit Moktan: When Should You Use Type Aliases And Interfaces In Typescript?
Our Repo Picks
- ant-design/ant-design (TypeScript): An enterprise-class UI design language and React UI library
- laurent22/joplin (TypeScript): Joplin - an open source note taking and to-do application with synchronization capabilities for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. Forum: https://discourse.joplinapp.org/
- notifirehq/notifire (TypeScript): 🚀 Open-source notification infrastructure for products
- eu-digital-green-certificates/dgca-issuance-web (TypeScript): Repository for the dgca issuance web app.
- antfu/unocss (TypeScript): The instant on-demand atomic CSS engine.
- solana-labs/token-list (TypeScript): The community maintained Solana token registry
- remix-run/react-router (TypeScript): Declarative routing for React
- Uniswap/interface (TypeScript): 🦄 An open source interface for the Uniswap protocol
- vercel/examples (TypeScript): Enjoy our curated collection of examples and solutions. Use these patterns to build your own robust and scalable applications.
- n8n-io/n8n (TypeScript): Free and open fair-code licensed node based Workflow Automation Tool. Easily automate tasks across different services.
- modern-js-dev/modern.js (TypeScript): The meta-framework suite designed from scratch for frontend-focused modern web development.
- trustwallet/assets (TypeScript): A comprehensive, up-to-date collection of information about several thousands (!) of crypto tokens.
- antfu/vitesse (TypeScript): 🏕 Opinionated Vite Starter Template
- storybookjs/storybook (TypeScript): 📓 The UI component explorer. Develop, document, & test React, Vue, Angular, Web Components, Ember, Svelte & more!
- vitejs/vite (TypeScript): Next generation frontend tooling. It's fast!
- angular/angular (TypeScript): The modern web developer’s platform
- chakra-ui/chakra-ui (TypeScript): ⚡️ Simple, Modular & Accessible UI Components for your React Applications
- adobe/react-spectrum (TypeScript): A collection of libraries and tools that help you build adaptive, accessible, and robust user experiences.
- signalapp/Signal-Desktop (TypeScript): Signal — Private Messenger for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- puppeteer/puppeteer (TypeScript): Headless Chrome Node.js API
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄