TLWI TypeScript #13
Hello and welcome to this week's newsletter!
We've put together a few exciting links that we think you'll enjoy diving into. From building HTTP-triggered functions with Azure Functions to detecting images loaded in React, there's something for everyone in this week's edition.
First up, building HTTP-triggered functions with Azure Functions is a fantastic tutorial that will help you understand how to build serverless functions that respond to HTTP events. It's a must-read for anyone interested in developing more efficient and dynamic applications that can handle a variety of user inputs.
If you're a React developer, you won't want to miss out on 5 Tips Every React Developer Should Know. This article dives deep into the React framework and offers some truly valuable insights into boosting your productivity and improving your code quality. From testing tips to component organization suggestions, make sure you check out this one.
One of the challenges of working with React is trying to determine when images have finished loading on a page. Thankfully, How to detect images loaded in React provides a solution to this issue. With just a few simple lines of code, you can now detect whether an image has loaded or not – saving you crucial time and energy when developing your applications.
In 2021, is TypeScript still relevant? The answer is an emphatic YES! How Relevant is Still TypeScript in 2021? examines why TypeScript continues to be one of the most popular programming languages in the world. With a multitude of benefits, including type safety and code readability, this is a language worth further exploration.
Finally, if you're looking for a way to get involved in the coding community, why not check out Hacktoberfest 2021? Hacktoberfest is a month-long event that encourages individuals to contribute to open-source software projects. By participating, you'll have the chance to hone your coding skills, connect with other developers, and help to shape the future of programming.
We hope you enjoyed this week's newsletter and found something that piqued your interest. As always, stay curious and keep on coding!
Hot Typescript Articles This Week On Reddit
- TwirpScript - A simple RPC framework for TypeScript (4 days ago)
Our Article Picks
- menomanabdulla: How I maintain large-scale dataset in react
- Alejandro Martinez: How to detect images loaded in React
- Matti Bar-Zeev: Converting a React component to TypeScript
- Tim R.: 3 TypeScript Tricks I wish I knew when I learned TypeScript
- Alex Suarez: React component library with Tailwind in 3 mins!
- Pierre Ouannes: React & TypeScript: use generics to improve your types
- Aydın Akyol: Simple web application example with Refine
- Juhana Jauhiainen: How to make TypeScript understand Array.filter
- SilvenLEAF: Easiest way to create a ChatBOT from Level 0 by SilvenLEAF
- NordicBeaver: Making the most boring website ever with TypeScript, NestJs, React and others. Part 2.
- OpenReplay Tech Blog: How Relevant is Still TypeScript in 2021?
- Westbrook Johnson: Some things to know about Lit
- Bruno Antunes: (Unit/Integration) Testing React.js Forms with React Testing Library
- Nikos Anifantis: Generic CRUD Service in Angular: Part 1 - Understanding Generics
- Alex E: Understanding the Modern Web Stack: Webpack - DevServer, React & Typescript
- Kapelianovych Yevhen: Implementing the translate function with TypeScript
- 🦾Jack Madden🦾: Learning Typescript: Part 2️⃣
- Luca Del Puppo: RxJS - Subjects
- Luca Del Puppo: RxJS - Custom Operators
- Zack DeRose: The "DeRxJSViewModel Pattern": The E=mc^2 of State Management [Part 1]
- Debbie O'Brien: Understanding TypeScript
- Luca Del Puppo: RxJS - Marble Testing
- Y Ahn (Yawn): How to add forms to Notion
- PSWU: Join Hacktoberfest 2021 and contribute to QuestDB!
- Ryo Kuroyanagi: Google Sheets API in TypeScript: Setup and Hello world
- IagoLast: Inversión de dependencias
- Farmin: Sending DB migration Alerts To Slack Using AWS Serverless stack and AWS CDK
- Aria Azadi Pour: Use gRPC with Node.js and Typescript
- Tapajyoti Bose: 5 Tips Every React Developer Should Know
- mirwaissh: Leveraging Qlik Users API - Building a PWA Dashboard with Nextjs, Typescript & Chakra-UI
- Ryo Kuroyanagi: 📹Play video in cells in Google Sheets
- Yehezkiel Gunawan: How to Self Host Notion API Worker (from Splitbee)
- Abhirup Datta: Why typescript is needed?
- Masui Masanori: [TypeScript] Try decorators
- Elian Van Cutsem: Use API magic to show your most visited pages
- WebeleonFR: Coder un système de migration pour NestJS avec mongoose
- MeetupFeed: Best TypeScript videos from September, 2021
- Chris: Calculating π with the Monte Carlo Simulation
- Benoit Ruiz: Declarative vs imperative
- Zach Snoek: How to build an HTTP-triggered function with Azure Functions
- lgf196: Must-see + collection, build a vite-react-cil enterprise scaffolding from scratch
- Nikos Anifantis: Generic CRUD Service in Angular: Part 2 - What is CRUD?
- Michael De Abreu: Using Typescript generics with your React components
- Alireza Razinejad: Logout with RouteGuard and UrlTree in Angular
- Rodney Lab: Using uvu for TypeScript API Testing
- Cameron McHenry: How to Power Up the React Context API with TypeScript
- JLi: My first Hacktoberfest PR
- Rahul: Webpack React TypeScript ESLint
- Sneachta O'Fuichtard: What does ? : mean in this line of code?
- Bartosz Zagrodzki: React Context - jak efektywnie go używać?
- Austin Jones: How a Deep Dive into TypeScript Impacted My Job Search
- Alejandro Martinez: How to load a #hash fragment to an anchor name in react (especially in first loading)
- Felipe Marques: Como desabilitar o cache no Angular
- LongYC: 12th weekly post, empty string is everywhere. Also, AWS Lambda goes Arm.
- Siddharth Venkatesh: Network aware preloading strategy in Angular
Our Repo Picks
- appsmithorg/appsmith (TypeScript): Build completely custom admin panels and internal tools. Use 30+ react components to build pages without HTML/CSS.
- facebook/flipper (TypeScript): A desktop debugging platform for mobile developers.
- provectus/kafka-ui (TypeScript): Open-Source Web GUI for Apache Kafka Management
- unlock-music/unlock-music (TypeScript): Unlock encrypted music file in browser. 在浏览器中解锁加密的音乐文件。
- aws/aws-cdk (TypeScript): The AWS Cloud Development Kit is a framework for defining cloud infrastructure in code
- trekhleb/self-parking-car-evolution (TypeScript): 🧬 Training the car to do self-parking using a genetic algorithm
- formium/formik (TypeScript): Build forms in React, without the tears 😭
- alan2207/bulletproof-react (TypeScript): 🛡️ ⚛️ A simple, scalable, and powerful architecture for building production ready React applications.
- signalapp/Signal-Desktop (TypeScript): Signal — Private Messenger for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- keystonejs/keystone (TypeScript): The most powerful headless CMS for Node.js — built with GraphQL and React
- leerob/leerob.io (TypeScript): ✨ My portfolio built with Next.js, Tailwind, Prisma, and Vercel.
- excalidraw/excalidraw (TypeScript): Virtual whiteboard for sketching hand-drawn like diagrams
- pankod/refine (TypeScript): refine is a React-based framework for building data-intensive applications in no time ✨ It ships with Ant Design System, an enterprise-level UI toolkit.
- remotion-dev/remotion (TypeScript): 🎥 Create videos programmatically in React
- DefinitelyTyped/DefinitelyTyped (TypeScript): The repository for high quality TypeScript type definitions.
- facebook/docusaurus (TypeScript): Easy to maintain open source documentation websites.
- sveltejs/svelte (TypeScript): Cybernetically enhanced web apps
- angular/angular (TypeScript): The modern web developer’s platform
- trustwallet/assets (TypeScript): A comprehensive, up-to-date collection of information about several thousands (!) of crypto tokens.
- directus/directus (TypeScript): Open-Source Data Platform 🐰 — Directus wraps any SQL database with a real-time GraphQL+REST API and an intuitive app for non-technical users.
- erxes/erxes (TypeScript): Free and open fair-code licensed all-in-one growth marketing & management software
- TinkoffCreditSystems/taiga-ui (TypeScript): Angular UI Kit and components library for awesome people
- supabase/supabase (TypeScript): The open source Firebase alternative. Follow to stay updated about our public Beta.
- snyk/snyk (TypeScript): Snyk CLI scans and monitors your projects for security vulnerabilities.
- tannerlinsley/react-query (TypeScript): ⚛️ Hooks for fetching, caching and updating asynchronous data in React
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄