TLWI TypeScript #12
Hello, newsletter readers! It's that time of the week again – time to learn about some exciting new tools and technologies that will take your web development skills to the next level. We've got a great lineup of resources for you today, so buckle up and get ready to take notes!
First up, we have TalkJS – a fantastic tool for building a chat into your Angular app. Whether you're building a social network, an e-commerce site, or just need to add some messaging functionality to an existing app, TalkJS has got you covered. Their easy-to-use API makes integration into your app a breeze, so you can spend more time focusing on other aspects of your project.
Next on our list is a CLI tool for Angular. If you spend a lot of time working with Angular, you know how valuable a good CLI tool can be. This one is built by the Angular team itself, so you know it's going to be top-notch. You'll be able to generate components, services, and other items with ease, saving yourself a lot of time and hassle.
Looking for a way to customize your Next.js app? Check out this tutorial on adding a favicon using TypeScript. Not only will it make your site look more professional, but it will also help with accessibility and branding. Plus, once you've got the basics down, you can experiment with even more customizations to make your app truly unique.
Last but not least, if you're using Nuxt and Jest, you'll want to know about this guide on unit testing Vuex modules. It can be tricky to know where to start when it comes to testing, but this guide breaks it down step-by-step. You'll be able to ensure that your Vuex modules are working as expected, giving you peace of mind and higher-quality code.
That's it for this week's newsletter – we hope you found these resources helpful! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to us. Happy coding!
Updates From The TypeScript Blog
- Announcing TypeScript 4.5 Beta - October 1, 2021
Hot Typescript Articles This Week On Reddit
Our Article Picks
- Shaan Alam: How to implement Google Authentication in your React Applications!!
- Fábio Englert Moutinho: TypeScript Features Every Angular Developer Needs to Know
- Siddharth: Understanding TypeScript decorators.
- Tolu Agboola: Type Aliases vs Interfaces in TypeScript
- CodeOz: Vue Academy #6: Async update queue
- damiisdandy: Ultimate Guide to setup React Context API with a custom hook [Typescript]
- Marko Stanimirović: DRY Way to Manage Subscriptions in Angular Components
- Lars Grammel: Simplify Your Code: Replace Nested If-Else with Guards
- Maina Wycliffe: Better Types using Discriminated Unions in TypeScript
- Ivan Zadivar: Building ToDo in Real-Time
- Stacksjar: 📚Angular Interview Questions Part 3
- Remi W.: 3 Must-Install NPM Packages to Write High-Quality React Code
- Thomas Ledoux: Easy way to integrate Google Maps in React
- vova ushenko: 🪝 Building custom "useTypedFetch" hook in React with TypeScript
- András Tóth: Toxic optionals - TypeScript
- Dominik D: useState vs useReducer
- Manuel Navarro: How to convert HTML to PDF using Angular
- Michael Bagley: react-avatar-group: A responsive, automatically-generated group avatar component, powered by ui-avatars.
- Olivier Guimbal: Introducing ngx-react : 🅰️Angular + ⚛️React interoperability without pain.
- Rammina: Downsides of TypeScript?
- Vivek Nigam: Contribute to your favourite resume builder this Hacktoberfest! 🎆
- Aswin Rajeev: How to build a chat into an Angular app with TalkJS
- Sam Magura: The Great Redux Toolkit Debate
- Karthik Pariti: What is Typescript and why should you be using it?🤔
- NordicBeaver: Can a machine be a CSS artist?
- Ivan Spoljaric: How to unit test Vuex modules defined with the vuex-module-decorators syntax in Nuxt, using vue-test-utils and Jest?
- Michael Patterson: How to Use Environment Variables in An Angular App
- Luca Del Puppo: RxJS - Conditional & Mathematical Operators
- bob.js: Angular Development mocking External Calls
- Luca Del Puppo: RxJS - Error Handling Operators
- 🦾Jack Madden🦾: Learning TypeScript: Part 1
- Jim Chan: Take notes on the web with their context
- Alireza Razinejad: Best practice for subscribing to observables in services with Angular
- Luis Esteban Saravia M: Using Typescript in a Node Project
- Jakub T. Jankiewicz: Favicon for Next.js and TypeScript
- Arnav Gosain: Improving API Documentation using React Query and TypeScript
- Satvik Daga: React useScrollTo hook
- Ha Tuan Em: Deploy an express application to Vercel.com with Typescript
- Luca Del Puppo: RxJS - Multicast Operator
- IagoLast: Simplificando el Testing de componentes mediante ViewComponents
- Bruno Frigeri: Global Status Modal HOC
- Raji Oluwatobiloba: Get Started with React Native, Redux and TypeScript
- Lukas Borawski: Tailwind class madness. Never again?!
- Matt Angelosanto: Building a type-safe dictionary in TypeScript
- Karan Pratap Singh: Optimize Node.js performance with clustering
- Saulo Dias: String Patterns in TypeScript
- Matt Priour: Generating strongly typed reducer actions for React
- Zafar Alam: App wide Toast Notifications in Vue 3
- Konstantin: Persistent routes
- Chris Frewin: A Keyboard Avoiding View for React Native in 2021
- 🈚️ うひょ 🤪: TypeScript 4.5 Shortens Path to Safer Standard Library
- Georges Petrov: What do you think of this SaaS template ?
- xamhans: PART 0: Fundamentals of NEST.js
- Bionic Julia: Override Part of an Existing Type in Typescript
- Gaëtan Redin: Logger decorator
- Shlok Patel: react pwa app.
- Miguel Ramirez: typeorm - nestjs #migrations #-
- Kavindu Santhusa: Clean Architecture on Frontend | The dev.to post of the month.
- Andrew Stacy: I made an Async Service Container for Node/Browser
Our Repo Picks
- Sairyss/domain-driven-hexagon (TypeScript): Guide on Domain-Driven Design, Hexagonal architecture, best practices etc.
- appsmithorg/appsmith (TypeScript): Build completely custom admin panels and internal tools. Use 30+ react components to build pages without HTML/CSS.
- withfig/autocomplete (TypeScript): Fig adds autocomplete to your terminal.
- jupyterlab/jupyterlab_app (TypeScript): A desktop application for JupyterLab, based on Electron.
- prisma/prisma (TypeScript): Next-generation ORM for Node.js & TypeScript | PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, SQLite & MongoDB (Preview)
- gmpetrov/ultimate-saas-ts (TypeScript): Template to quickstart a SAAS business
- excalidraw/excalidraw (TypeScript): Virtual whiteboard for sketching hand-drawn like diagrams
- juice-shop/juice-shop (TypeScript): OWASP Juice Shop: Probably the most modern and sophisticated insecure web application
- elastic/kibana (TypeScript): Your window into the Elastic Stack
- grafana/grafana (TypeScript): The open and composable observability and data visualization platform. Visualize metrics, logs, and traces from multiple sources like Prometheus, Loki, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, Postgres and many more.
- pixijs/pixijs (TypeScript): The HTML5 Creation Engine: Create beautiful digital content with the fastest, most flexible 2D WebGL renderer.
- angular/angular-cli (TypeScript): CLI tool for Angular
- AriaMinaei/theatre (TypeScript): Motion design editor for the web
- vuejs/petite-vue (TypeScript): 6kb subset of Vue optimized for progressive enhancement
- snowpackjs/astro (TypeScript): 🚀🧑🚀 Keep your eyes to the skies, astronauts!
- gcanti/fp-ts (TypeScript): Functional programming in TypeScript
- react-native-webview/react-native-webview (TypeScript): React Native Cross-Platform WebView
- DefinitelyTyped/DefinitelyTyped (TypeScript): The repository for high quality TypeScript type definitions.
- react-hook-form/react-hook-form (TypeScript): 📋 React Hooks for forms validation (Web + React Native)
- pnpm/pnpm (TypeScript): Fast, disk space efficient package manager
- gitpod-io/gitpod (TypeScript): Gitpod automates the provisioning of ready-to-code development environments.
- chakra-ui/chakra-ui (TypeScript): ⚡️ Simple, Modular & Accessible UI Components for your React Applications
- actions/starter-workflows (TypeScript): Accelerating new GitHub Actions workflows
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄