TLWI TypeScript #11
Hello and welcome to this week's newsletter! We've got an exciting lineup of articles and resources for you, so buckle up and get ready to dive in!
Next, we have something for all you testing enthusiasts out there. Have you heard of Cypress, the popular end-to-end testing framework? Well, if you're looking for a real-world example of how to apply its methods, patterns, and workflows, look no further than this payment application demo. Here, you'll see how Cypress can be used to simulate a user interacting with a payment form and catch any bugs or errors that might arise along the way.
If you're a React developer, you won't want to miss this one. The Select Component is a popular UI element that allows users to choose from a list of options in a dropdown menu. This article walks you through how to implement it in your React projects with ease, whether you're building a simple form or a more complex app.
Are you a fan of old-school video games? If so, you might want to try your hand at building a Roguelike Game using TypeScript. This tutorial takes you step-by-step through the process of creating a dungeon-crawling game with randomly generated levels and turn-based combat. Whether you're a TypeScript pro or a beginner, you'll learn a ton from this project.
Last but not least, we have a fascinating article about the future of web development: Cybernetically Enhanced Web Apps. What does that even mean? Well, it's all about how AI and machine learning are changing the way we build and interact with web applications. From chatbots to recommendation engines, there are a ton of exciting possibilities on the horizon. So why not take a peek at what's to come?
That's it for this week's newsletter! We hope you found something that piques your interest and helps you level up your skills. Until next time!
Hot Typescript Articles This Week On Reddit
Our Article Picks
- Justin Maximillian Kimlim: I wrote a fully-functioning File Explorer, using TypeScript.
- Pierre Ouannes: How to use React useReducer hook like a pro
- NordicBeaver: Making the most boring website ever with TypeScript, NestJs, React and others.
- Suchitra: How to manage your software documentation with docz!
- Remi W.: React Tailwind TypeScript Starter Template Free and Open Source
- Vinicius Dias: How to create a Theme in React/Typescript (Context API) with styled-components
- Tuomo Kankaanpää: Working with React, Monorepo, Typescript and Lerna 👨💻
- Andrew Luca: 🔺 Flat React Doom Pyramid in 1LOC
- Stacksjar: 📚Angular Interview Questions Part 1
- Sam Magura: Announcing real-cancellable-promise
- Loïc Poullain: FoalTS version 2.6 is here
- Kevin Lin: Writing a Visual Studio Code Completion Provider
- Rohan Lekhwani: What Happens in Google Summer of Code Final Evaluations
- Kelvin Kirima: A Gentle Introduction to Solana.
- [Cursors]: Which GitHub repo has the most commits?
- Nazeeh Vahora: Integrating GraphQL APIs into React app
- Vinicius Kiatkoski Neves: Prettier, ESLint and Typescript
- Muhammad Ali (Nerdjfpb): How to create a documentation site & GitHub Page using Docz with NextJs and Typescript
- Marius Bongarts: 5 Additional Skills You Should Learn Right Away as a Full-Stack Developer
- Michael De Abreu: How to use Components with generics types better
- Luca Del Puppo: RxJS - Utility Operators
- Aya Bouchiha: All You Need To Know About react-icons.
- Vikas yadav: Special kind of array - Tuple
- Luca Del Puppo: RxJS - Transformation Operators
- Luca Del Puppo: RxJS - Join Operators
- Gajender Tyagi: Implicit Explicit and....?
- Sergio Suárez: NestJS 8 ¿Qué hay de nuevo?
- Axel Valdez: Integrar Styled-Components a un proyecto NextJs con TypeScript
- Sardorbek Imomaliev: TIL: 2021-09-20 - Automatically update package.json dependencies
- alanst32: A MERN stack update for 2021. - Part B: Client side.
- Karibash: Handle media queries in a type-safe way using TypeScript
- Alex Igbokwe: ExpressWebJs 3.2 Released
- Souchet Céline: Automated visual regression testing with TypeScript, Playwright, Jest and Jest Image Snapshot
- Zach: Parameterized testing in Deno
- Okiki: Major updates for bundle.js.org v0.0.3
- Ashish maurya: Hello, World!
- Abhirup Datta: Typescript for JS people
- Victor Nogueira: Cat Goric: Escape from the Warp Chamber - Post-Mortem
- David Morais: Building a Roguelike Game with TypeScript
- João Brandão: 🧪 Given, When, Then
- Anunirva: Introducing JATAYU !
- Marius Bongarts: Build Your Own Blog Portfolio with Web Components: Webpack
- niska34: Typescript dev wanted!
- Jack Steel: Nice-Numeric-Input
- Mandy Moore: Prototypal Pragmatism – Designing Patterns for Progress with William Shepherd
- Pelle Wessman: Pony Cause 1.0: Error Causes
- Ajay kumbhare: 2. First-Class Objects
- Imamori Daichi: Dependency Injection for TypeScript
- Tarun Gurang: New Features in Typescript 4.2
- Marius Bongarts: Build Your Own Blog Portfolio with Web Components: Typescript
- Ivan Spoljaric: How to test Nuxt store and VuexModule's using vue-test-utils and Jest?
- lelana0824: Hello!
- cryptorustacean.com: Connecting the Phantom wallet to Your Project
- Masui Masanori: [TypeScript] Sort formatted texts
- Brittany Joiner: Developer Diaries: Week 11 - Exploring Libraries
Our Repo Picks
- calendso/calendso (TypeScript): Scheduling infrastructure for absolutely everyone.
- openkraken/kraken (TypeScript): A high-performance, web standards-compliant rendering engine based on Flutter.
- snowpackjs/astro (TypeScript): 🚀🧑🚀 Keep your eyes to the skies, astronauts!
- darkreader/darkreader (TypeScript): Dark Reader Chrome and Firefox extension
- angular/angular-cli (TypeScript): CLI tool for Angular
- juice-shop/juice-shop (TypeScript): OWASP Juice Shop: Probably the most modern and sophisticated insecure web application
- codeedu/imersao4 (TypeScript): undefined
- microsoft/vscode (TypeScript): Visual Studio Code
- TuSimple/naive-ui (TypeScript): A Vue 3 Component Library. Fairly Complete. Customizable Themes. Uses TypeScript. Not too Slow.
- discordjs/voice (TypeScript): Implementation of the Discord Voice API for discord.js and other JS/TS libraries
- vitejs/vite (TypeScript): Next generation frontend tooling. It's fast!
- formium/formik (TypeScript): Build forms in React, without the tears 😭
- prisma/prisma (TypeScript): Next-generation ORM for Node.js & TypeScript | PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, SQLite & MongoDB (Preview)
- cypress-io/cypress-realworld-app (TypeScript): A payment application to demonstrate real-world usage of Cypress testing methods, patterns, and workflows.
- chakra-ui/chakra-ui (TypeScript): ⚡️ Simple, Modular & Accessible UI Components for your React Applications
- Sairyss/domain-driven-hexagon (TypeScript): Guide on Domain-Driven Design, Hexagonal architecture, best practices etc.
- vercel/hyper (TypeScript): A terminal built on web technologies
- vercel/commerce (TypeScript): Next.js Commerce
- JedWatson/react-select (TypeScript): The Select Component for React.js
- react-native-webview/react-native-webview (TypeScript): React Native Cross-Platform WebView
- pancakeswap/pancake-frontend (TypeScript): 🥞 Pancake main features (farms, pools, IFO, lottery, profiles)
- sveltejs/svelte (TypeScript): Cybernetically enhanced web apps
- 7kms/react-illustration-series (TypeScript): 图解 react 源码, 用大量配图的方式, 致力于将 react 原理表述清楚.
- Chocobozzz/PeerTube (TypeScript): ActivityPub-federated video streaming platform using P2P directly in your web browser
The Last Week In TypeScript is a weekly roundup for all things Typescript! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄