TLWI Rust #99
Hey there, readers! It's Fri-yay and we're back with another edition of our weekly newsletter. We've got an impressive lineup for you this week, so buckle up and get ready to be amazed.
First up, we've got something for all you tech enthusiasts out there. Have you checked out RustDesk Server Program yet? It's a highly efficient and secure server program written in Rust, and it's quickly becoming a favorite among developers. If you're looking for a server program that's both reliable and fast, then you need to give this one a try.
It's also Follow Friday, and this week we're highlighting some amazing Rust developers. If you're looking for some inspiration, be sure to check out our Rust Edition for 28 October 2022. You'll find some amazing developers doing some incredible things with Rust, and you might just get some ideas for your own projects.
Next up, we've got something for all you backend developers out there. Have you heard about Rethinking Virtualization for Backends? This cutting-edge approach to virtualization could change the game for backends, making them faster and more efficient than ever before. If you're interested in the future of virtualization, then you need to check this out.
If you're a fan of algorithms, then you'll love our next link. All Algorithms implemented in Rust is a fantastic resource for anyone interested in algorithms. With over 80 different algorithms implemented in Rust, you're sure to find some fascinating ones to play around with.
Lastly, we've got something that's a little bit different. Spacedrive is an open-source cross-platform file explorer, but it's powered by a virtual-distributed file system written entirely in Rust. It's a unique project, and one that shows just how versatile Rust can be.
That's all we've got for you this week, folks. Remember, if you want to stay up to date with the latest in tech, then keep following us. Until next time, stay curious, stay safe, and keep learning!
Our Article Picks
- Sylvain Kerkour: My Rust development workflow (after 3+ years)
- Erin Bensinger: Follow Friday: Rust Edition (28 October 2022)
- Sylvain Kerkour: Rust for web development: 3 years later
- Matt Angelosanto: Comparing Elixir with Rust and Go
- Ivan: Rethinking Virtualization for Backends
- Tim McNamara: Creating a priority queue with a custom sort order using a binary heap in Rust
- Aaron Christiansen: Delta Pico - what I've learned by building a graphing calculator
- Kyle Hanson: Announcing Puff - A hybrid Rust/Python Framework to build Apps for the Cloud
- Omar.unwrap();: Rust Embedded Graphics with the MAX7219
- Simon Shine: Why you should be careful with the Default trait/typeclass
- Demola Malomo: How to build a One-Time-Password(OTP) Verification API with Rust and Twilio
- Michael Lohr: Changing the primary display on Windows by code is easy... right?
- RedstoneWizard08: Terrible 3D: A new (and horrible) 3D game engine.
Our Repo Picks
- MystenLabs/sui (Rust): Sui, a next-generation smart contract platform with high throughput, low latency, and an asset-oriented programming model powered by the Move programming language
- aptos-labs/aptos-core (Rust): A layer 1 for everyone!
- rustdesk/rustdesk (Rust): Open source virtual / remote desktop infrastructure for everyone! The open source TeamViewer alternative. Display and control your PC and Android devices from anywhere at anytime.
- spacedriveapp/spacedrive (Rust): Spacedrive is an open source cross-platform file explorer, powered by a virtual distributed filesystem written in Rust.
- move-language/move (Rust): undefined
- diem/diem (Rust): Diem’s mission is to build a trusted and innovative financial network that empowers people and businesses around the world.
- AleoHQ/snarkOS (Rust): A Decentralized Operating System for Zero-Knowledge Applications
- alacritty/alacritty (Rust): A cross-platform, OpenGL terminal emulator.
- apache/arrow-datafusion (Rust): Apache Arrow DataFusion SQL Query Engine
- WebAssembly/WASI (Rust): WebAssembly System Interface
- wez/wezterm (Rust): A GPU-accelerated cross-platform terminal emulator and multiplexer written by @wez and implemented in Rust
- LearningOS/rust-based-os-comp2022 (Rust): [2022 开源操作系统训练营](https://learningos.github.io/rust-based-os-comp2022/)
- matter-labs/zksync (Rust): zkSync: trustless scaling and privacy engine for Ethereum
- rustdesk/rustdesk-server (Rust): RustDesk Server Program
- TheAlgorithms/Rust (Rust): All Algorithms implemented in Rust
- swc-project/swc (Rust): Rust-based platform for the Web
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- massalabs/massa (Rust): The Decentralized and Scaled Blockchain
- tokio-rs/tokio (Rust): A runtime for writing reliable asynchronous applications with Rust. Provides I/O, networking, scheduling, timers, ...
- tokio-rs/mio (Rust): Metal IO library for Rust
- actix/examples (Rust): Community showcase and examples of Actix ecosystem usage.
- EAimTY/tuic (Rust): Delicately-TUICed high-performance proxy built on top of the QUIC protocol
- hyperium/hyper (Rust): An HTTP library for Rust
- zellij-org/zellij (Rust): A terminal workspace with batteries included
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄