TLWI Rust #93
Welcome back to our weekly newsletter, dear readers! We've got a lot of exciting news and resources to bring to your attention, so let's dive right in.
Have you ever had to convert between JSON, YAML, and TOML formats and wished there was a tool that could make your life easier? Well, your wish has been granted! Introducing jyt, a powerful and user-friendly converter for switching between these formats with ease. Say goodbye to manual conversions and hello to a more efficient workflow.
Are you a Rust enthusiast searching for a data parallelism library to ease your workload? Look no further than Rayon. This library is specifically designed for Rust and features sleek, simple syntax, optimal performance, and a highly flexible API. Whether you're a seasoned programmer or just starting out, Rayon is definitely worth checking out.
For our blockchain developers out there, we have an exciting framework to share with you. Solana Sealevel is a cutting-edge platform that's redefining the way we build blockchain applications. With its highly scalable, high-performance architecture, Solana Sealevel is the perfect tool for any project seeking to leverage the power of blockchain technology.
Are you interested in building a Rust speed test? Actix and WebSockets are the perfect tools for the job. Luckily, we've found a helpful tutorial that walks you through the entire process step by step. Follow this link for the ultimate Rust speed test guide.
Finally, we have an amazing web framework for you to explore. Tokio, Tower, and Hyper have united forces to create a highly modular and ergonomic web framework that's perfect for building modern, high-performance applications. If you're looking for a tool that can streamline your development process and maximize your reach, you won't want to miss this one.
That's all for this week, folks! We hope you found the resources we shared useful and informative. See you next time!
Hot Rust Articles This Week On Reddit
Our Article Picks
- Daniele Frasca: Serverless cache
- Guy Levinger: Cherrybomb v0.6
- Mahesh: Learning Rust
- Kolton Musgrove: Advent of Code 2020: Day 1
- Rodney Lab: Mux Serverless Webhook Updates using Telegram Bots
- alisdairbr: Build a Rust speed test using Actix and WebSockets
- Rodney Lab: Getting Started with Rust Cloudflare Workers
- Ken Matsui: jyt - a converter between JSON <> YAML <> TOML
- Dan: AssemblyLift v0.4.0-alpha released with Kubernetes support, WASI (WebAssembly on K8s)
Our Repo Picks
- starship/starship (Rust): ☄🌌️ The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- pola-rs/polars (Rust): Fast multi-threaded DataFrame library in Rust | Python | Node.js
- fdehau/tui-rs (Rust): Build terminal user interfaces and dashboards using Rust
- aptos-labs/aptos-core (Rust): A layer 1 for everyone!
- vectordotdev/vector (Rust): A high-performance observability data pipeline.
- tokio-rs/axum (Rust): Ergonomic and modular web framework built with Tokio, Tower, and Hyper
- ajeetdsouza/zoxide (Rust): A smarter cd command. Supports all major shells.
- diesel-rs/diesel (Rust): A safe, extensible ORM and Query Builder for Rust
- bytecodealliance/wasmtime (Rust): Standalone JIT-style runtime for WebAssembly, using Cranelift
- plotters-rs/plotters (Rust): A rust drawing library for high quality data plotting for both WASM and native, statically and realtimely 🦀 📈🚀
- tauri-apps/tauri (Rust): Build smaller, faster, and more secure desktop applications with a web frontend.
- solana-labs/solana (Rust): Web-Scale Blockchain for fast, secure, scalable, decentralized apps and marketplaces.
- rust-embedded/rust-raspberrypi-OS-tutorials (Rust): 📚 Learn to write an embedded OS in Rust 🦀
- seanmonstar/reqwest (Rust): An easy and powerful Rust HTTP Client
- launchbadge/sqlx (Rust): 🧰 The Rust SQL Toolkit. An async, pure Rust SQL crate featuring compile-time checked queries without a DSL. Supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, and MSSQL.
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- solana-labs/solana-program-library (Rust): A collection of Solana-maintained on-chain programs
- rayon-rs/rayon (Rust): Rayon: A data parallelism library for Rust
- hyperium/tonic (Rust): A native gRPC client & server implementation with async/await support.
- near/nearcore (Rust): Reference client for NEAR Protocol
- rustls/rustls (Rust): A modern TLS library in Rust
- embassy-rs/embassy (Rust): Modern embedded framework, using Rust and async.
- project-serum/anchor (Rust): ⚓ Solana Sealevel Framework
- tokio-rs/tokio (Rust): A runtime for writing reliable asynchronous applications with Rust. Provides I/O, networking, scheduling, timers, ...
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄